PDA

View Full Version : Need help with wire problem

BmW1718
04-26-2005, 03:26 PM
I bought a 1986 bmw 325e for a great price no rust just had a small electrical problem. where the door closes there are wires for mirror and locks. windows and pritty much everything thing and there were cororted to i bought 18 gage wire and souterd them together to get rid of the corrostion. i crawled into the back to desconnect the battery before i did this all. i put heat striknk on it to protect from this happening again. when i was all done nothing work. nothing turned on. it wont start . so on so forwith. what could be the problem. i change all the burned out fuses . could it be relay???? what is you soultion that i can do to get this car back on the road.

bmdbley'sBro
04-26-2005, 05:54 PM
:huh?:

investigate leading upto & after the work you did...

look for more busted exposed wire...

also corrosion will travel in a closed wire..
mech was telling me 1/2 " a month or was it a year or some shiat!?

bTW: welcome *wave*

BmW1718
04-26-2005, 06:43 PM
i don't no man everything work before this but one mirror and the trunk. so i decdiedes hey i might as well do them all cause they all had some corrsions. i don't no iam confused as hell now

NickP
04-26-2005, 08:26 PM
There's nothing by the door connector that would keep the car from starting.
When you go start the car does the car turn over; do any of the lights turn on etc?

It sounds like nothing electrical in your car is working; if this is the case make sure the battery is properly connected.

Slowered318
04-26-2005, 09:31 PM
yep.. a lose battery terminal cause cause a no-start

BmW1718
04-27-2005, 06:00 PM
really you think it is the terminal problem because it's nothing to do with the car. the car was great running the engine great. i would say the battery to because nothing turns on no lights no crank nothing. engine doesn't bugge or the light don't even flickers. iam gonna clean them up and if nothing gonna replace the terminals. ill give it shop tm and see what happends . if you have anything else let me no thanks alot

BmW1718
04-27-2005, 06:06 PM
the thing is before i did all this the car was perfect . the only thing that could have happend was they touched. or i disconnect negative first. when i put the postive on first i seen a spark . or the relays could be shot . how do you test the releys???

NickP
04-27-2005, 06:36 PM
I don't think its a relay - your lights or something else would at least have been working.

I think its something simple like a dead battery; a battery hooked up backwards; or a loose terminal. It could also be a bad ground / battery cable but I think it's something from above.

NickP
04-27-2005, 06:37 PM
PS I added you to my msn messenger list - go online!

BmW1718
04-27-2005, 07:26 PM
hey i don't see you. add me to msn woods2018@hotmail.com