PDA

View Full Version : Hate BMW GRRRR!

Darkness95m3
04-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Hate it, hate it, and hate it. Which bone head of an engineer decided to place the heater blower unit where it is. If it was only 1/4 inch smaller I could replace it with ease. I have been messing with this F'n thing for 6 hours now. I stopped yesterday early due to a severe headache it caused me. Hate it, hate it and hate it. When I finally think I got around the problem another one arises. Grrrr It makes me so mad. Arghhhh!

Thatís better, had to relive some stress. Thanks to all for listening.
Now back to the heater blower.

RevShoT
04-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Hate it, hate it, and hate it. Which bone head of an engineer decided to place the heater blower unit where it is. If it was only 1/4 inch smaller I could replace it with ease. I have been messing with this F'n thing for 6 hours now. I stopped yesterday early due to a severe headache it caused me. Hate it, hate it and hate it. When I finally think I got around the problem another one arises. Grrrr It makes me so mad. Arghhhh!

lol u couldnt pay me enough money to ever do a heater motor, nor another sunroof either!

bmdbley'sBro
04-19-2005, 04:47 PM
I had my heater core go on a MKIII jetta 93-99.5 same for golfs..

anyways the whole dash has to be removed to access it
some metal support bar that goes from side to side ...

real Pita..appearantly I jsut caved & payed..
looked to be too much for me..

so I can understand your stress levels & i didn't even attempt it!!
*th-up* hope it works out.

ara325
04-19-2005, 04:53 PM

is this on the M3?

Darkness95m3
04-19-2005, 04:58 PM
is this on the M3?

Yup.

agent_Z3
04-19-2005, 05:29 PM

aww...poor baby...cant handle a little work? lol

jk

Darkness95m3
04-19-2005, 05:40 PM
aww...poor baby...cant handle a little work? lol

jk

:moon:
jk.... I hate it.

chromius
04-20-2005, 01:06 PM
easiest job possible on an e30, one panel on the firewall, then two straps, and its out. :P

But I know what you mean, I have had jobs where the same thing happens. It sucks

M3ti Compact
04-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Hate BMW GRRRR!.

BAN!

Darkness95m3
04-20-2005, 04:20 PM
easiest job possible on an e30, one panel on the firewall, then two straps, and its out. :P

But I know what you mean, I have had jobs where the same thing happens. It sucks

Now that was not called for, was it?

m3polack
04-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Welcome to BMW... im selling my 99 M3 soon before it starts breaking down... my extended wrranty is almost up, once that.. BOOM gone i dont want to see it :)

Darkness95m3
04-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Welcome to BMW... im selling my 99 M3 soon before it starts breaking down... my extended wrranty is almost up, once that.. BOOM gone i dont want to see it :)

BMW wanted over $6,000 to fix my blown cylinder head, I did it under $1500.
I have no problems fixing the M3 just hate it where they placed the heater blower.

jeffrie
04-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Sure it's the blower itself and not simply the 2nd stage (very common) modual not turning it on, that's an easy fix :idea: .
Sure it's the blower itself after all the work you'v done already *th-up* .

ara325
04-20-2005, 10:59 PM

why, have you had many problems with it? Any pics?

chromius
04-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Now that was not called for, was it?

sorry, just had to *angel*

Darkness95m3
04-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Sure it's the blower itself and not simply the 2nd stage (very common) modual not turning it on, that's an easy fix :idea: .
Sure it's the blower itself after all the work you'v done already *th-up* .

Ah, no. I took it out so that I can clean it. Why, may you ask? The car came from Phoenix Arizona with no rust, however it does come with lots of sand.
Since I pulled the engine might as well clean everything that I can.

328is_Perf
04-21-2005, 10:13 AM
when in doubt, pull out SAWSALL

jeffrie
04-21-2005, 11:58 AM
^^^ Best tool anyone can ever have!!!!!

Darkness95m3
04-21-2005, 12:19 PM
^^^ Best tool anyone can ever have!!!!!

I thought it was the; hammer and vise grips. :D