PDA

View Full Version : Funny Turbo story I heard in a coffee shop

thinair
04-19-2005, 02:31 AM
So I'm with a couple friends at a coffee shop, and I over hear these three guys talking about cars and stuff. So I start paying attention when one guy says his dad has a turbo car, and he doesn't need a fuel pump.

Appearently when his dad hooked up the wastegate, instead of it bleeding off pressure back into the exhaust or atmosphere, it was piped into the gas tanks, where it would pressurize the tank, and that pressure would push fuel into the engine. So there were no loses from powering the fuel pump. I broke out laughing, at first because it was the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and second because his friends believed him and thought it made sense.

So being me I jump in and bombard him with questions. I ask how does the car start with no fuel pressure. With no boost bleeding into the gas tank, how would it start, and then, when you want to get gas, how far would the gas cap fly when you remove it (with a pressurized fuel tank), and then again, the gas cap is vented also, and how would the fuel return line work, and what if the engine backfires off throttle and some flame makes it through the wastegate into the gas tank, then what smart guy????

He was trying to tell me that it works, etc, etc, "If it wasn't so late, I'd call my dad and he'd tell you himself", that was the best line.

rico328i
04-19-2005, 02:34 AM
One word. KIDS.

Axxe
04-19-2005, 02:59 AM
One word. KIDS.

Yes and no. Stupidity applies to everyone.

thinair
04-19-2005, 03:07 AM
Stupidity applies to everyone.

That is an awesome line *th-up*

BMWags
04-19-2005, 03:10 AM
wow, seems like everyone who saw 2 fast 2 furious is suddenly a mechanic....lol

E36er
04-19-2005, 03:30 AM
lol thats great....sorta made sense in the begining to me :)
but then again, not really...nice going man..i always wana jump in and ask questions to guys like that but i never have the guts! *uzi*

mkgino
04-19-2005, 03:57 AM
dammit, last time I ever talk too loud

Miguel
04-19-2005, 10:47 AM
dammit, last time I ever talk too loud
and to think I believed you.

shame on me.

Rampage
04-19-2005, 11:02 AM
wow, seems like everyone who saw 2 fast 2 furious is suddenly a mechanic....lol

hahah :D

Darkness95m3
04-19-2005, 03:18 PM
So I'm with a couple friends at a coffee shop, and I over hear these three guys talking about cars and stuff. So I start paying attention when one guy says his dad has a turbo car, and he doesn't need a fuel pump.

Appearently when his dad hooked up the wastegate, instead of it bleeding off pressure back into the exhaust or atmosphere, it was piped into the gas tanks, where it would pressurize the tank, and that pressure would push fuel into the engine. So there were no loses from powering the fuel pump. I broke out laughing, at first because it was the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and second because his friends believed him and thought it made sense.

So being me I jump in and bombard him with questions. I ask how does the car start with no fuel pressure. With no boost bleeding into the gas tank, how would it start, and then, when you want to get gas, how far would the gas cap fly when you remove it (with a pressurized fuel tank), and then again, the gas cap is vented also, and how would the fuel return line work, and what if the engine backfires off throttle and some flame makes it through the wastegate into the gas tank, then what smart guy????

He was trying to tell me that it works, etc, etc, "If it wasn't so late, I'd call my dad and he'd tell you himself", that was the best line.

Thanks I needed that. :D

RevShoT
04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
nelson u should have pretended to catch it hook line and sinker and be my wana see my turbo set up on my bmw? and show me and point to something like the canister for the A/c and say thats ur turbo and see if he says n e thing