PDA

View Full Version : when the Evo8 is down, it's E30 time!

theblue
04-19-2005, 01:05 AM
hello friends,

I haven't posted on here in a while since this fine site is banned from my office. :/

I'm the guy with the white evo8 who was at a couple meets last year I'm sure some of you remember me. Through a strange series of events I'm currently driving a red 1987 BMW 325IS with all options. It's a friend's car (he also has a 944 turbo) and he is nice enough to let me borrow it while my evo's tranny gets yet another rebuild. I was always in love with E30s but after driving one for a week plus now I want one even more. It just feels like cars these days don't have the soul and solid feel that E30s have and I know that I'll have to buy one sooner or later. In return for letting me borrow the car I decided to clean it up a little and that soon turned into 6 hours of detailing. I'll try to get a couple pics sometime soon.

It's hard to miss my evo when I have an E30 to drive.... I guess the moral of this post is for all you owners out there have E30s and want to get a newer BMW or something else to stop and remember that you have what I consider the perfect BMW :)

catch you guys up in toronto some time this summer again hopefully *th-up*

rico328i
04-19-2005, 01:11 AM
I've developed a liking for E30's more and more. Have yet to drive one though. Such classic looks and lines to them. I remember seeing them in the mid 80's and admiring them.

I can actually see myself buying one down the road sometime...

notmpowered
04-19-2005, 01:15 AM
one can be had nowadays for as little as 3000 for an Excellent example......just think of a car you could buy for 10000, and then think of an e30 with 10000 dollars into it. Not much out there could even shake a stick at that value. I love my e30, even though it is metalic poo brown and too low to get into any parking lots, I couldnt dream of not owning one.

tominizer
04-19-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm in the works of building an E30 M3 now.......... yes........ I do love this E30 stuff a lot !!!! So I can totally identify with what you're saying.

Ant118
04-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Yea man i know what u mean I own a E30 M3 and would want any other car, it is so much fun to drive :)

GEEE$
04-19-2005, 03:05 PM
hello friends,

I haven't posted on here in a while since this fine site is banned from my office. :/

I'm the guy with the white evo8 who was at a couple meets last year I'm sure some of you remember me. Through a strange series of events I'm currently driving a red 1987 BMW 325IS with all options. It's a friend's car (he also has a 944 turbo) and he is nice enough to let me borrow it while my evo's tranny gets yet another rebuild. I was always in love with E30s but after driving one for a week plus now I want one even more. It just feels like cars these days don't have the soul and solid feel that E30s have and I know that I'll have to buy one sooner or later. In return for letting me borrow the car I decided to clean it up a little and that soon turned into 6 hours of detailing. I'll try to get a couple pics sometime soon.

It's hard to miss my evo when I have an E30 to drive.... I guess the moral of this post is for all you owners out there have E30s and want to get a newer BMW or something else to stop and remember that you have what I consider the perfect BMW :)

catch you guys up in toronto some time this summer again hopefully *th-up*

Aaron...now you know why I bought the E30 M3!!!

Let me know when you're coming up again next...I'll get some boyz out and we'll make it a day/night. I have a new toy aswell. :D

peace man.

G

theblue
04-19-2005, 07:26 PM
excelent... for sure..

Shuller1458
04-19-2005, 07:47 PM
hi guys, I don't own nor BMW or EVO :) But I am totally hearted with you guys for BMW, I have lots of books about them. :)

I have question, It would be very hard to compare Sti or Evo to any Bimmer, they are very different classes and give, obveously, different driving pleasures to the driver.
Do you think that the exitment, the joy and entertenment you get from your BMW's is worth extra pennies and slower time (sometimes! ) towards newer and cheaper (but still greate) STi s?
Pure performance is deffentatly NOT a judge. Why does it makes you feel better by owning a BMW compared to the Subaru STi, even that BMW has more problems(problems per 100 cars scale), higher price and (I repeat: simetimes) slower times? :rolleyes:

AlpWhitE46
04-19-2005, 08:00 PM
hi guys, I don't own nor BMW or EVO :) But I am totally hearted with you guys for BMW, I have lots of books about them. :)

I have question, It would be very hard to compare Sti or Evo to any Bimmer, they are very different classes and give, obveously, different driving pleasures to the driver.
Do you think that the exitment, the joy and entertenment you get from your BMW's is worth extra pennies and slower time (sometimes! ) towards newer and cheaper (but still greate) STi s?
Pure performance is deffentatly NOT a judge. Why does it makes you feel better by owning a BMW compared to the Subaru STi, even that BMW has more problems(problems per 100 cars scale), higher price and (I repeat: simetimes) slower times? :rolleyes:

Yes indeed the STI and EVO's are great cars...i have absolutely nothing against them...amazing performers...
but in a bmw there is always something that brings pleasure when i see it and when i drive it. There is always something more that it can give you...
Yes you pay the money for the BMW badge, but with that badge comes the whole package...
The luxury (great interior...), the performance, etc.. and in the end - an overall well balanced car...and ultimate driving machine ;)

MPD47
04-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey,
I just signed up to MaxBimmer a few months ago, but I cant say I've ever posted. The e30 Aaron has been driving is mine. He was kind enough to return it to me fully detailed and with a full tank of gas. Looked damn good, I almost didnt recognize the car!

I've got some plans for the e30 but I've got to finish up my 944 Turbo first.

Original Purchase Paint Condition:
http://members.rennlist.com/mpd47/e30/100_4470.jpg
http://members.rennlist.com/mpd47/e30/100_6397.jpg

Rally a few weeks after I bought it:
http://members.rennlist.com/mpd47/RallyX/100_0270.jpg
http://members.rennlist.com/mpd47/RallyX/100_0283.jpg

After Loaning the Car to Aaron:
http://members.rennlist.com/mpd47/e30/DSCF0333.jpg
http://members.rennlist.com/mpd47/e30/DSCF0344.jpg

85eta
04-28-2005, 09:57 PM
I've developed a liking for E30's more and more. Have yet to drive one though. Such classic looks and lines to them. I remember seeing them in the mid 80's and admiring them.

I can actually see myself buying one down the road sometime...

Have yet to drive one? Well we can fix that, come see me at the autocross on Sunday, take mine around the block between runs if you like. :)
If you want to drive one of the older ones with lots of kms!

AlpWhitE46
04-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Have yet to drive one? Well we can fix that, come see me at the autocross on Sunday, take mine around the block between runs if you like. :)
If you want to drive one of the older ones with lots of kms!

hes in buffalo dude.
lol

Slammed 3Series
04-29-2005, 12:38 AM
I've developed a liking for E30's more and more. Have yet to drive one though.

Same, I've never driven any BMW actually, lots of VWs though.
I've loved euro cars since my buddy did up his '78 Rabbit back in 99 when we worked for VW while in school. Wow, so long ago.
Nothing beats a clean Bimmer imo.

Mr seville
04-29-2005, 01:06 AM
hes in buffalo dude.
lol

ur retarded...read where rico's from

85eta
04-29-2005, 07:38 AM
hes in buffalo dude.
lol

I guess you thought I was responding to the guy with the Evo...I was actually responding to Rico328i who is in fact from TO :)

Unless Rico is actually in Buffalo right now visiting ?

AlpWhitE46
04-29-2005, 07:59 AM
ur retarded...read where rico's from

oh lol whops

EuroSpectacle
04-29-2005, 09:56 AM
yah honestly.. Id take an clean e30 or an e30 m3 over an e46 M3.. I really would... Its bmw's flag ship ultimate driving machine.. but honestly.. only if you have a 325 iS.

I have an 85 ETA as well and my god.. the auto does not do it justice, somtimes It tops out on the highway at 120, somtimes it lets me push it to 160.. but God damn its the most reliable car ive ever owned.. Minus 30 out, cars been sitting for 8 months,8 month old gas, and no battery, put in a battery, turn the key.. zero hesitation not even the sound of the starter and its started. I love my ETA. but its so damn slow. If i have 3 people in the car.. I swear it takes me a minute to get to 60... lol ****...

rico328i
04-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Yes. I live in Toronto. And I will be present at Sunday's auto-x.

Sure, I'd love to take your car for a little boot 85eta. I'll blame you if you ever see me driving one in a little while! Thanks. I'll have my video cam, so now worries about getting a few of your runs on tape.

See you guys Sunday.