PDA

View Full Version : E46 M3 lovin' the fast lane. VENT!

rico328i
04-18-2005, 09:52 PM
A little venting on my part here.

I'm driving into the office this morning. Out of downtown on the Gardiner heading West towards the 427. There was a stalled car on the left shoulder which slowed things down a little before the Humber Hump. Well there's a nice looking BLACK E46 M3 travelling with/near me. I sit there just admiring this fine piece machinery. Shortly after, the traffic opens up a little and I can finally hit a normal cruising speed of about 120km/hr. Or so I thought..... M3 dude opens it up a little and gets about 6-7cls ahead in a different lane. I have no intention of playing with a 333hp beast, so I do my own thing. Well, I find myself in the middle lane behind a Caddy STS doing about 100km/hr. M3 dude is sitting in the left lane, clear for about 1km in front of him. So I switch over to the left lane, the passing lane, and am now behind 'beast' expecting him to use his right foot a little - he is afterall in the fast/passing lane. Doesn't he just sit there doing no more than 110km/hr, basically in-line with the Caddy beside him. Thus creating a 2-lane moving wall for all of us behind to admire. Was this guy kidding??? I saw him on his cell-phone earlier, and was , ok maybe he's on his phone and not paying any attention (it happens). I couldn't help it, but I had to give him a little horn - I didn't lean on it. But I wanted to let him know that he was on the why, and had someone behind him. I waited, and waited (no look back at his rear-view mirror), then he lurches up a little as I hear the 3.2L wind up a little. Finally he's gonna move. WRONG. He barely gets ahead enough but I've had enough of this and just want to get going. I swing over to the middle lane in front of the Caddy and go on my way. As I pass the flying M3 doing 100-105km/hr doesn't he give me the 'International Salute'!!!! Now.....I need an explanation from this guy what exactly was on his mind. I didn't reciprocate his gesture, as I was a little confused and . It was also the way it was delivered - No eye contact, just the raised hand with the extended digit up while looking straight ahead - did I mention he was flying in the 'fast' lane doing about 100km/hr????

Anyhow. I just go on with my business and finally hit a decent cruising speed of 120km/hr and swing over to the right lane as the 427 north ramp was approaching. Well....M3 dude was still sitting in the far left lane (heading towards Mississauga, Oakville way) and passes me. Doesn't the guy give me a long-distance, blind, and moving FINGER as he passes!!!! WHAT the He$%??

So. If you are a member of this board. Can you please speak up? If anyone knows who this person is, talk to him. It was a black E46 M3, driven by a early to mid 30's, middle-eastern/Indian looking 'gentleman' with an unkempt hairdo. Licence plate cover indicated that it was from BK Motors.

That gesture of his may get him in trouble one of these days.........

I'm done. Just had to vent!!!!

BMWags
04-18-2005, 10:03 PM
wow, and some people wonder about road rage....you handled the situation better than i feel i would have, what ever happened to common courtesey and basic driving skills? its just plain ignorant to spend more time then necessary in the passing lane.

Furious
04-18-2005, 10:12 PM
what you should have done is got in front of him and went 90

AMG_POWER
04-18-2005, 10:14 PM
yeah pretty stupid driver, i hate people like that, when im not in the mood going over 100kmh i never drive in a fast lane i just put a cruize on and cuize in a middle lane...

moregothanshow
04-18-2005, 10:37 PM
that kinda thing kills me dude trust me he would have gotten some feed back from me... but yeah this is sad to hear that it was a M driver, he totally bought the wrong car...

m3polack
04-18-2005, 10:38 PM
pull out the gat and shoot'im in the fukn face!

Rehman
04-18-2005, 10:51 PM
BK Motors is here in Waterloo, so if I see a guy matching his description....I'll salute him back for you. I'm sure he'll be wondering wtf?

rico328i
04-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Funny comments guys. A few things I try to never do.

1. international sign language
2. honk at seniors or out of province plate drivers
3. drive in the left/fast lane when not passing, other lanes are open, or going about 100km/hr (rare!)

I do try to make a point to let other drivers know to move over. I just usually stick my hand out the roof and gesture to the right.. I really wonder if some of these people realize what they're doing?!?!?!

Rehman. Please give M3 Dude my warmest regards if you ever see him. Make sure he fits the description!!!! Wouldn't that surprise the hell out of him! Even better if you pull up next to him at a light!!!! Tell him it's from the silver E36 328i that he so kindly 'waved' at!!!!!

Guys like him promote the bad reputation BMW drivers have!

///MP
04-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Like 90% of people on the road, he thinks he's an awesome driver. Yep, this guy sounds like he's one of those who tells his co-workers "oh, I never speed -- that makes me safe". He probably also thinks he's doing society a favour by acting like a barrier and slowing down traffic to "safe" speeds...or maybe it would just be too inconvenient to move out the way. Either way, flippin' you the bird was uncalled for! It's funny how people get so brave behind .060" of sheet metal... Try walking down Yonge St. flipping people off and see how far you make it!

I drive that way to work everyday, I'll keep an eye out for this jacka$$...!

MP

Jim .E.
04-18-2005, 11:13 PM
im on the highway always in the fast lane doing 140km, i jus move outta the way when someone wants to go faster than me...but its rare

that guy was just an ass...shouldve followed him and kicked his ass

app
04-18-2005, 11:44 PM
cmon guys, he owns a bmw. He's "the sh*t". He can drive however he likes :rolleyes:

It's those types of drivers that cause accidents. Blocking everyone and not getting outta the way. But its not the first time that I've seen people in luxury sedans who think they're the cat's ass cause they own a luxury sedan, totally sitting in the left lane and not getting outta the way.

Raging Lamb
04-18-2005, 11:49 PM
I think he's cool for doing what he did. He drives an M3, and he was obeying the limit.

King Luis
04-19-2005, 12:14 AM
what you should have done is got in front of him and went 90
that is the right thing to do:D:D
people should learn the unwritten rules of the road

///MP
04-19-2005, 07:58 AM
If you want to "obey the limit" and be "cool", you're more than welcome to do so in the right-hand lanes. According to the Highway Traffic Act:

147. (1) Any vehicle travelling upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at that time and place shall, where practicable, be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right hand curb or edge of the roadway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 147 (1).

Exception

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a driver of a,

(a) vehicle while overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction;

(b) vehicle while preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway; or

(c) road service vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 147 (2).

...And it's never cool to give someone the bird when they're not being an a$$ and you're clearly in the wrong...

rico328i
04-19-2005, 08:01 AM
MP,

I'd like to get copies of that and hand them out!! I'm not even kidding!!! Keep a stack in the car and slap it on cars that have been proven guilty of this offense.

///MP
04-19-2005, 08:07 AM
Don't think I haven't thought of this. It would be an education campaign. Knock yourself out:
http://192.75.156.68/DBLaws/Statutes/English/90h08_e.htm

MP

moregothanshow
04-19-2005, 10:26 AM
I think he's cool for doing what he did. He drives an M3, and he was obeying the limit.
nice car in the sig, kinda fits the description!!:D hahahaha

Raging Lamb
04-19-2005, 10:29 AM
nice car in the sig, kinda fits the description!!:D hahahaha

I didn't drive my car that day, but it could have been me. Often times I dirve with my finger up, it's pointed at anyone who can see it. Sometimes I get in the fast lane and do 95 just to slow people down. Driving fast is dangerous. *no-no*

lvan
04-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Did it have the black rims ? There is indian dude around my place with e46 m3......He always drives it around yorkmills ....It has black rims and red porshe rotors......I dont know if that him and is hes on max but I saw his car on roadfly E43 M3 meet....

rico328i
04-19-2005, 11:37 PM
Ivan,

Nope. No black rims on the guy's car. OEM M3 wheels. Different dude.