PDA

View Full Version : Can i fit 19's on E36

CLEAN325is
04-15-2005, 08:50 AM
As topic states, please let me know if any of you have this set up. Please post pics, thanks.

Gamite
04-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Yes, Mitch has 19" BBS CH's on his E36.

Mitch555
04-15-2005, 02:33 PM
As topic states, please let me know if any of you have this set up. Please post pics, thanks.

Yeap! It's possible! Here is my car:

ChahalzBMR
04-15-2005, 02:36 PM
^ That's hot!

SkycityBMW
04-15-2005, 02:41 PM
I agree ! ! !

Mitch . . your Car=HAWT ! ! !

agent_Z3
04-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeap! It's possible! Here is my car: *mw* your making me drool....lol, youv got a nice car there *th-up*

Mitch555
04-15-2005, 06:15 PM
:D

Thanks for the compliments guys! *th-up*

Jon@Bimmersport
04-15-2005, 06:21 PM
it aint THAT great... :D lol jk

Timbaland
04-16-2005, 01:39 AM
How is the ride quality; I would imagine it wouldn't be that great running 19s.

EMPOWERD
04-16-2005, 02:04 AM
This is Thinair's car (on 19" Alstadt's) before he bought & installed his current 17" BBS RK's.
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49012&stc=1

Mitch555
04-16-2005, 01:15 PM
How is the ride quality; I would imagine it wouldn't be that great running 19s.

My ride quality is actually pretty good, but that has to do with the fact that I am running good suspension. My spring rate is also custom made for my liking. I am getting an X-Brace and a StrongStut (hingless) strutbar within the next 2 weeks so I can make my car even better handling than it is now!

SickFinga
04-16-2005, 02:40 PM
My ride quality is actually pretty good, but that has to do with the fact that I am running good suspension. My spring rate is also custom made for my liking. I am getting an X-Brace and a StrongStut (hingless) strutbar within the next 2 weeks so I can make my car even better handling than it is now!

Good or bad suspesion, 19" tires on e36 gotta hasve really low profile. And that affects quality drastically.
After we installed 20" rims on Edwin car, ride quality became much more harsh, and 7 series has one of the smoothest suspension. Week later Edwin installed spings and ride quality did not change, or it was so small, we couldnt even feel it.

BTW what spring rates are you running?

Betray
04-16-2005, 04:35 PM
the power of EDC :D

Mystikal
04-16-2005, 06:52 PM

You just have balls of steel. I've seen that car jitter over small cracks in the pavement. :eek:

Mitch555
04-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Good or bad suspesion, 19" tires on e36 gotta hasve really low profile. And that affects quality drastically.
After we installed 20" rims on Edwin car, ride quality became much more harsh, and 7 series has one of the smoothest suspension. Week later Edwin installed spings and ride quality did not change, or it was so small, we couldnt even feel it.

BTW what spring rates are you running?

I have had 3 different suspension setups on my car since I started out modding my car. Trust me when I say this.... Suspension DOES make a difference! Maybe it is not harsh for me because I like the stiff suspension and it is no big deal to me.

What suspension is Edwin running now?

Oh, and I told Ground Control to make my spring rate a little stiffer than the H&R Race that I already had on my car at the time. The car is a little bit stiffer than the H&R Race but it is SO MUCH smoother when I hit a bump! It is actually comfortable and not rough like the H&R's!

Mitch555
04-16-2005, 09:30 PM
You just have balls of steel. I've seen that car jitter over small cracks in the pavement. :eek:

:D I love it! I can't wait till the X-Brace and Strut bar is on my car! I am so eager to findout how the car handles now!!! :eek:

Daydream///M3
04-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Mitch your car looks good, may I ask where you got the CH's from and how much.

Also, your suspension can be smoother not because of a different spring rate. From what it seems like, the Hand R race springs youwere currently running were on what shocks?

Your coilover setup should be roughly matched with springs and rebound dampers... thats why it probably feels better.... everything from bumpstops to rebound are matched unlike before with HandR race and perhaps stock shocks or generic bilstein>/????

Just guessing

Mitch555
04-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Mitch your car looks good, may I ask where you got the CH's from and how much.

Also, your suspension can be smoother not because of a different spring rate. From what it seems like, the Hand R race springs youwere currently running were on what shocks?

Your coilover setup should be roughly matched with springs and rebound dampers... thats why it probably feels better.... everything from bumpstops to rebound are matched unlike before with HandR race and perhaps stock shocks or generic bilstein>/????

Just guessing

I got my CH's from Wheel and Tire Zone in Mississauga. I think I paid $3000 taxes included for the rims. But I got them for that price cuz they were their last pair in the shop and they needed them to go due to new rims coming in and they needed to clear up some room at the shop other wise I would have spent close to $4000.

Actually. I am running the same shocks now that I had on from the H&R Setup. I just have the Ground Control coilover kit that works with my Koni Yellows that I used when I had my H&R Race's on there. The spring that Ground Control uses is Eibach. IMO they are a smoother spring.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment! *th-up* :)

WASABI
04-19-2005, 09:23 AM
I'm trying to fit these, 19" BBS RGRs. It was a little too dark when I finally got them on.

Mitch555
04-19-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm trying to fit these, 19" BBS RGRs. It was a little too dark when I finally got them on.

That's HOT!! *th-up*

Rampage
04-19-2005, 11:08 AM

MORE PICS!!