PDA

View Full Version : what are some of the better car alarms out there these days??

MP328
04-14-2005, 10:34 PM
so i bought the OEM alarm when i got the car 5 years ago *uzi* ME

well anyways that makes one of my top 5 spots on the worst spend money list.

anyways so i'm kinda thinking of upgrading the stereo since it's still dead for the last 2 months. and kinda thought i'd get an alarm too that actually works good, compared to this crap.

so what are some good/better alarms these days. or what should i be looking for. i never really followed that so i have no idea at all when it comes to those things.

also anyone ever dealt with "Peel Audio" in Brampton on kennedy ?? seemed like a decent place at first look. and since no one can recommend anything better i might take it there.

paul christians
04-14-2005, 11:28 PM
a big gun or a dog............

Darkness95m3
04-15-2005, 08:25 AM
I believe they are all the same “Useless”. If someone wants to break into your car, alarm or not they are going in. If you are scared someone steeling your car, I would not worry about it BMW’s are pretty hard to steal, however it still can happen. The best way to prevent that is hide a kill switch in the vehicle only where you know where it is.

6speedMaxSE
04-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Alarms are not meant to really stop theives, only add a road block for them. The best thing you can add is a proximity alert. That keeps the "crackhead" theives from attempting a break in. If someone really wants what you have, they will get it.

M3ti Compact
04-15-2005, 10:55 AM
I've seen cars being towed on flatbeds with their alarms blaring...no one seemed to care...

Miguel
04-15-2005, 10:57 AM
i've got the compustar 2WFM-900S and I love it.
I plan on getting a prox sensor and possibly the windows/sunroof up/down module added this summer...

...as soon as I find the module for under $400 installed :(

JazzM
04-15-2005, 11:57 AM
I've got the stellar alarm (www.stellaralarms.com).

These are specifically designed for BMW and attach to the harness directly where the factory alarm would go. They have a lot more features including paging, code changing, etc., etc... I've had the paging unit installed last week. works like a charm :)

T.

Mitch555
04-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Get a good quality alarm with a pager that pinpoints and tells you what is exactly going on with your car (Pager with a picture of a car on it).

I will probably go to jail for what I do to the person who is trying to break into my car if my pager goes off. This country is bullshit when it comes to defending yourself and your property, basically what the government allows you to do without getting a police record or going to jail is calling the police and you might as well watch the theif have a blast stealing your shit as you watch. The hell with that... I will protect me and my property by any means necessary!

MP328
04-15-2005, 04:36 PM
I will probably go to jail for what I do to the person who is trying to break into my car if my pager goes off. This country is bullshit when it comes to defending yourself and your property, basically what the government allows you to do without getting a police record or going to jail is calling the police and you might as well watch the theif have a blast stealing your shit as you watch. The hell with that... I will protect me and my property by any means necessary!
thats so fooken true, maybe even give him a hand while he's at it haha.

tnx guys. i'll look into the few u mentioned. and maybe even the kill switch

Mikester
04-16-2005, 10:01 AM
does anyone know shops around north york that sell and install them? i wanna get 1 today