PDA

View Full Version : Track Junkies... Need Your Help!!

Mitch555
04-12-2005, 11:25 PM
I'm looking into getting an X-Brace and a Front Strut bar for my car this year. I was looking at Dinan's site for the front strut bar but that is just stupidly priced!! Then I went and searched a few other tuning companies and then I landed on AATuning's site. I noticed that they are selling their X-Brace for a decent price, and I'm wondering if they make good ones and how much will it help my car in a performance sense? Will it stiffen up my ride a lot around corners? Where will it stiffen up my ride exactly (Front or back or all around)? If I got the X-Brace would it conflict with using a Front strut bar with it? Also, does AATuning make good Front Strut bars? If they can both work together would the X-Brace stiffen up the rear also cuz I can't put a rear strutbar in my trunk due to my sterio.

Here is what I am looking at getting:

AA X-Brace (http://www.aatuning.com/suspension/e36other.asp)

Front Strut Bar (http://www.aatuning.com/suspension/e36strutbars.asp)

Pictures are below incase they can't be viewed.

Thanks a bunch guys!!! *th-up*

SickFinga
04-13-2005, 12:05 AM
AA doesnt make X-Brace, they just sell OEM BMW X-Brace.
Will it work with AA Strut bar? Yes it will.
AA strut bar look like a hinged design, which is not good.

Mitch555
04-13-2005, 02:24 AM
AA doesnt make X-Brace, they just sell OEM BMW X-Brace.
Will it work with AA Strut bar? Yes it will.
AA strut bar look like a hinged design, which is not good.

Hmmmmm.....

What would you suggest is a good Front Strut Bar for my car then? I'm not looking to spent a retarded amount of money like the Dinan one even tho it seems like it is nice. Something reasonable but good.

Can anyone else also help answer my questions?

moregothanshow
04-13-2005, 02:32 AM
try that looks pretty good, reputable company.... http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=1969936011

Slowered318
04-13-2005, 02:33 AM
these might give you some other options.

www.bavauto.com
www.bmpd.com
www.turnermotorsport.com
www.eibach.com

I wouldn't worry about the hindges..

BMP has the nicest one i've seen

thinair
04-13-2005, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about hinges. Mine is hinged, once the hinges are tightened they don't budge. I have the RD brace, I dunno if the AA hinges bind the same why when tightened.

And regarding the x-brace, get it asap. Not one does it tie the subframe to the chassis better, it'll also protect your oil pan from debris. Ask me how I know :P

Mitch555
04-13-2005, 02:41 PM
moregothanshow, Slowered, thinair and Sickfinga, thanks for your help!

I looked at the sites you posted and did a little bit of research on other bmw forums... I have come to the conclusion that hinged seems to be almost useless.

I have decided on which strutbar to get. I'm going to order from Paul at StrongStrut really soon. It's NOT a hindgeless design and it actually looks damn good. Plus... the one that I want to get is a Competition-Lightweight and it only weighs 4.25 pounds in comparison to their 11.25 pound steel one. The Competition-Lightweight is made of solid aircraft grade 6061 alloy, heat treated to T-6 specifications for added strength.

Till this date I have heard of NOBODY that has said ANYTHING bad about StrongStrut and everyone says that they definately feel the difference when they put theirs on!

Oh... and I'm going to get mine in titanium silver.

Here are a few pictures of the exact one I'm getting soon...

thinair
04-13-2005, 04:43 PM
It's NOT a hingeless design and it actually looks damn good.

Look hingeless to me.... :confused:

Mitch555
04-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Look hingeless to me.... :confused:

Oops! My bad! I meant to say that it IS a hingeless strut bar. Thanks for the correction! *wave*