PDA

View Full Version : 2002 bushings

04-11-2005, 01:01 PM
what do people recommend, original rubber, or go with urethane bushings. I already have bilstein hd's and massive sway bars, so the car is really stiff anyway. I would appreciate some feedback.

oldskool3
04-16-2005, 04:40 PM
i just picked up an e21 before winter and have yet to do and modifications but I plan on runinng urethane bushings even though i will be running koni yellows and gc's. one guy I have talked to who has an e21's has full suspension setups and when he picked up some urethane bushings for his control arms he said it made a huge improvement. I would probably check the price of new bushings and urethane bushings and depnding on that go from there. Hope this helps.

Slowered318
04-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Ireland engineering has pretty much every bushing you'll need.. they are one of the cheapest out there.

Only problem is when you run ALL urethane the car gets pretty noisey. personally i prefer factory rubber shock mounts and subframe bushings, all the rest should be urethane. you gotta have some "give" somewhere.

jm1602
04-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Ierland or BMP have everything you need in the way of urethane bushings. I've heard they squeek but only when the engine is at low enough revs to let you hear it. The big issue is ease of installation. First you need to burn the old rubber out of there, then make a tool to press in the original rubber bushings. Urethane bushings are two piece so they're easier to install, no pressing required.

If you care, you can search the Roadfly.com or BMW FAQ archives for opinions.

I'd go urethane but I'm generally pretty lazy and shiftless.