PDA

View Full Version : HELP HOW TO LAUNCH 330i

vegabass
04-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Hey Guys,

i have a 03, 330i. Its a great car, the only thing is that it is AUTO. I KNOW BOOOO.(i bought the car with my moms, and she needed to drive it sometimes too) Its got tiptronic which is alright. I am however trying to find what is the best way to launch off the line. I was reading that with the SMG version of the car, u can actaully launch the car of the line by holding the shifter forward which then launches the car at like 4 thousand rpm. Is there any trick like that with the TIPTRONIC, or does anyone know how to get this AUTO off the line a little bit faster?
:confused:

Infamous
04-13-2005, 12:51 PM
put your foot on the gas, put your other foot on the brake, and then let go of the brake.. haha...

aziz
04-13-2005, 12:53 PM
hope u have money/warranty for a tranny job.

KaschmirBeige3
04-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Powebrake it. Left foot on brake, right foot on gas, RPM's at 3K and let off the brake. This is very bad for the car's tranny, don't mess with the car! *no-no*

aziz
04-14-2005, 06:12 PM
supercharge it.....my next major mod.

TiemenT
04-15-2005, 06:18 AM
BMW's SMGII has the launch-control.. but i don't think it's on the 330's...

i know it's on the m3's and on the m5's..

BadBoy330
04-16-2005, 08:23 AM
No such luck! I have the same problem! However u can try the ffg: Hold the lever between n and d and floor to around 4k, then pop into d. It will wheelspin if dsc is off. i caution u though: DONT do this often as it is very violent and u can break ur tranny! Do it once just for fun !!! I ordered my 03 330 in manual this time! Let me know how it goes!!

KaschmirBeige3
04-16-2005, 02:05 PM
BMW's SMGII has the launch-control.. but i don't think it's on the 330's...

i know it's on the m3's and on the m5's..

SMG is also available on the Z4, 325 and 330's here in NA. Im sure it's available everywhere else in the world as well.

Axxe
04-16-2005, 02:57 PM
No such luck! I have the same problem! However u can try the ffg: Hold the lever between n and d and floor to around 4k, then pop into d. It will wheelspin if dsc is off. i caution u though: DONT do this often as it is very violent and u can break ur tranny! Do it once just for fun !!! I ordered my 03 330 in manual this time! Let me know how it goes!!

Nooooooooo. Don't ever do neutral drops on any car. Ever.

Holding the car back with the brake does not damage the transmission, rather it puts pressure on the torque converter. It's a lot safer than neutral drops, and it doesn't do any damage.

bimmer_02
04-18-2005, 02:32 AM
what ever the car ur racing, its not worth dropping ur '03 into D .....
just brake with ur left, press the gas with ur right...

FastM3
04-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Don't bother doing the gas/brake thing, you're just going to **** up the tranny big time.

Turn DSC off, totally, if you know how, and slam on the gas.

vegabass
04-19-2005, 01:38 PM
thanks guys, i realized this car is not for racing, its meant to be pimped out.(dont worry, no bling bling) thanks alot for all the advice. i think i am just going to drive it, no tryin to race ne one, (at least of the line ne ways) . They told me when i bought the car i would be joining a culture, damn it so true. thanks alot again guys

vegabass
04-19-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey pasta,

what u mean "DCS TOTALLY OFF". i turn it off by pressing the button. is that totally off?

FastM3
04-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Hey pasta,

what u mean "DCS TOTALLY OFF". i turn it off by pressing the button. is that totally off?

No. By pressing the button your just turning off half. The traction system is still working but a little lighter. To turn it off completely, press AND HOLD the DSC button, wait until the yellow traction light in the center goes off AND another yellow light should go off on the bottom part of the cluster too. Then release the button, now your in full RWD mode. *par-t*

This is also a good thing to use in the winter. Since you have both DSC options (fully off or partly) you can drive without it totally off, just partly and still be safe because it will still catch and not be "RWD - really winter dangerous" as I like to call it. :D

Axxe
04-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Don't bother doing the gas/brake thing, you're just going to **** up the tranny big time.

Turn DSC off, totally, if you know how, and slam on the gas.

Brake holding the car is not going to **** up the transmission. It's like dropping the clutch in a manual car, it wears drive line components and puts additional stress on the clutches in the transmission (auto), but it's mostly the torque converter that picks up the slack.

vegabass
04-19-2005, 09:51 PM
thats is awsome, i never knew that. I am gonna try that out for sure, is there any advice as to things i should watch out for, in the sense that i will get real bad wheel spin, or the back end will kick out if i take a corner to hard. JUST CRAP I SHOULD NOT TRY. I dont want to mess up the car. PLS TELL ME before i try.

FastM3
04-20-2005, 10:07 PM
thats is awsome, i never knew that. I am gonna try that out for sure, is there any advice as to things i should watch out for, in the sense that i will get real bad wheel spin, or the back end will kick out if i take a corner to hard. JUST CRAP I SHOULD NOT TRY. I dont want to mess up the car. PLS TELL ME before i try.

Ya, hold on to the steering wheel, especially if your taking a corner fast and with DSC all off.
If this is all your first time driving a car like this, don't do crazy stuff on the street, please. *th-up*