PDA

View Full Version : too much oil in engine

abc12
04-10-2005, 04:45 PM
hey guys,, need your advice on what kind of treatments or suggestions on what to do with my car, this morning when i was leaving my house, a few mins later my car started puffing white smoke like crazy and dripping oil like crazy, luckily enough i was able to bring it back home and figure out what happened., Turns out the oil on the dip stick was way over the maximum and i later found out that my sister put a freakin jug (4 litres) of oil into the engine, so i inpected the damages done, the oil came up through the throttle body (don't know how), through the intake piping and all the way to the filter, where the oil all leaked out from, i have a replacement filter (luckily), since the one in the car is soaked in oil, and soaked up the oil that's in the filter and throttle body. and I also drained all the excess oil that was it in engine.

now is there some treatment sprays, addictives that i can get from like crappy tire,that i can spray into the intake and throttle body, or should I like start the car and like it all burn out, cause I don't really want to have to take the car apart to get rid of the oil, but i will probably change the spark plugs after the car is all running fine again.

any suggestions will help, plz and thx

abc12
04-11-2005, 12:05 AM
how anyone experienced this before, i know it's probably a really rare case to happen,

paul christians
04-11-2005, 12:12 AM
do a oil change.........

Gamite
04-11-2005, 12:56 AM
yea, just drain your oil man.

fitz318is
04-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Why did your sister put a jug of oil in your car?

windwagen
04-12-2005, 12:35 AM
The oil came through the PCV circuit. The intake is supposed to suck crankcase gasses through the PCV, and there is a fresh air vent that allows the crankcase to draw filterd air from the air filter housing. The PCV and fresh air vent are usually located on the rocker cover. So overfilling oil can force oil to the places described.

If you want to clean it, get some carburator cleaner from crappy tire and spray it into the throttle body, intake etc. The stuff doesn't burn, so it could be tough to start if you dump tons of it into the intake. Just floor it while cranking to clear it out.

The car should run fine once the oil level is corrected, even without cleaning.

Hey, a least your sis does some sort of car maintenance...