PDA

View Full Version : i am looking to buy an e34, i have a few questions!!

Black_Bullet
04-09-2005, 03:56 PM
wussup all, i usually have my posts in the e30 section, but today i saw an e34 540i 1995, its black on black, the exterior is in a very great condition, the interior is even better, its automatic and fully loaded. 167000km, the car seems to be in a great condition, new brakes and tires, the offer is $8000 and i will still negotiate the price. my questions are: am i getting a good deal, for what i mentioned above, is the price too low or high for such a condition? are there any common problem i must look at before i buy?any common hidden areas for rust?any other opinions or answer will be appreciated. i don't have any picture for the car....thanks

Gamite
04-10-2005, 12:22 PM
540's and 530's have a nikalsil problem. You must do a leak down compression test on the engine before buying.

Black_Bullet
04-10-2005, 02:41 PM
thats what i read all over the net. i will make sure that i will do the test, but thats the only common problem,or there is something else i have to check, nice car you got gamite, best color!!

openwheel
04-10-2005, 02:52 PM
The price of $8,000 os very good if the vehicle is as clean as described. I would check the bottom of the door for rust and around the windshield. I would also check the maintenance of the vehicle. As in the changing of all the fluids including tranny. If it all checks out, it sounds like a very clean car.

Gamite
04-10-2005, 09:38 PM
The price of $8,000 os very good if the vehicle is as clean as described. I would check the bottom of the door for rust and around the windshield. I would also check the maintenance of the vehicle. As in the changing of all the fluids including tranny. If it all checks out, it sounds like a very clean car.

Yeah, openwheel's right, the bottom's of the doors are the first places that will rust.

If you're going to do the compression check, tell him to check all the front suspension components as well.

GEEE$
04-11-2005, 12:47 PM
With almost 170k on the engine, the lining problems won't be an issue at this point in time. An engine problem would have arisen many moons ago. It might have been recalled already aswell. Check your VIN numbers, and you should be able to find out everything you need.

G$