PDA

View Full Version : Best Wax??

irvz
04-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Just wondering what's the best wax you've ever used for your car. And can someone tell me how swirl marks happen on your paint? I've just got my car painted a couple of months ago and I already see swirl marks. So now i'm just trying to invest in some really good wax to get it out and protect it for the summer.

thx boys!

ara325
04-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Gold Class for me...that's the best one i've used so far. As for those swirls, washing and drying your car can cause swirls, but they very easily disappear with a decent wax application.

Gamite
04-08-2005, 03:56 PM
havent tried it yet, but going to try Zaino this year, I hear good stuff about it.

irvz
04-08-2005, 04:22 PM
anyone have feedback on the popular ones like MOTHERS or MEGUIERS? i've seen some for (so-called) specially made for swirl marks

bimmer318ti
04-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I use turtle wax.. works great for me! :)

Understated
04-08-2005, 09:37 PM
so wait...the wax ur talking about is the the type u squeeze out on a cloth and in circular motions rub it on....then wait for it to haze or w/e...then wipe it dry with another dry cloth?

when do u use the buffer and all that other stuff? I'm planning on waxing both cars this summer...they need it big time.

KaschmirBeige3
04-08-2005, 09:40 PM
I've tried every wax out there and I stick to Zaino. It takes a while to apply and buff off but the outcome is amazing on a dark car. Klasse is also a great product as well.
As for the swirl marks, I use a Porter Cable random orbital buffer with Griot's Garage Machine polish 2 and 3 and then my sealer of choice.

Here's my E46 after a detail with Klasse All in One and Klasse Sealant Glaze.
http://maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45628

dozorca
04-08-2005, 10:47 PM
I've tried every wax out there and I stick to Zaino. It takes a while to apply and buff off but the outcome is amazing on a dark car. Klasse is also a great product as well.
As for the swirl marks, I use a Porter Cable random orbital buffer with Griot's Garage Machine polish 2 and 3 and then my sealer of choice.

I just got some Klasse AIO and the Glaze... any tips on putting it on? People stress to put as little as possible at a time... What do you apply it with?

irvz
04-08-2005, 11:02 PM
wow..beautiful finish..you sold me

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45628

BMVV
04-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Now I use Meguires NXT. It is the best one I have used. Goes on easy and is dustless when wiped off. A little exspensive at $35 a bottle but lasts a long time. Beautiful shine.

JS328
04-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Are you finding that the NXT really lasts a long time? Any time I've heard it discussed, people have always said it looks really good for the first week or so and quickly washes off. By 6-8 weeks its completely gone and need to be re-applied.

Joe

STALKER
04-09-2005, 09:13 AM
I use Zaino, but I find that its just OK, not as good as they claim. Im ditching it this year and trying Klasse All in One and their Sealer.

Blades
04-09-2005, 10:13 AM
MEGUIERS!!! anyone that says different should get a slap. They have so many type for so many different purposes.

BMVV
04-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Are you finding that the NXT really lasts a long time? Any time I've heard it discussed, people have always said it looks really good for the first week or so and quickly washes off. By 6-8 weeks its completely gone and need to be re-applied.

Joe

You are right. I don't know how long other high end waxes last but if you do a few coats it will last about a month. The nice thing is that application is so easy and fast it's not a real problem. This is the first dust free wax I have used and I will never go back. It's not a carnuba wax it's a synthetic polymer wax.

Guelphguy
04-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Zaino is the best!!! :D - But should Clay Bar first! Awesome results!

KaschmirBeige3
04-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I just got some Klasse AIO and the Glaze... any tips on putting it on? People stress to put as little as possible at a time... What do you apply it with?

When applying it you have to use as little as possible. The sealant glaze dries up and is a PITA to buff off if there is too much product.

Paint prep is very crucial as well. I always clay bar and do the machine polish steps when I detail my cars.

Dave535
04-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Ive used Zymol and I have been very satisfied with it.

irvz
04-09-2005, 03:27 PM
i've only been to canadian tire when looking for wax (primarily because my sister works there and i get a discount!) and haven't found that they're selection to be any good..where do you guys buy your wax?

ara325
04-09-2005, 03:37 PM
i've only been to canadian tire when looking for wax (primarily because my sister works there and i get a discount!) and haven't found that they're selection to be any good..where do you guys buy your wax?

I wouldn't advertise the fact that you use your sisters discount at Cdn Tire.

As far as selection, Cdn tire prolly has the best variety...offers of choice.

BMVV
04-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Go to auto suppliers like UAP and the like. Auto detailers also sell products.

King Luis
04-11-2005, 12:58 AM
has anyone used that spray on wax??? how is it???
i have a meguiers 3 step wax thats a cleaner, wax, then the polish but it takes to long to wax the whole car. i saw a show today that they applied turtle wax to a section of the car and 15seconds later wiped it off and the car looked great...should i just use that?

j23chan
04-11-2005, 01:23 AM

Zaino can be found at fairview mall at the barber shop.. Dont ask me why.

NIMA
04-11-2005, 04:03 PM
the "real" Zymol works best for me, but it costs $80 plus............I've also tried the Meguiars NXT, which is easy to apply and remove...........but I don't think any wax or polish will last 6-8 weeks........

Raging Lamb
04-11-2005, 04:32 PM
KAIO. It's ti-zight. *th-up*

epabillo
04-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Hey Guys....I tried all kinds of waxes... Zymol included... I would recommend trying P21s wax from Germany... The only catch is that it costs alot... This wax was tested against like 20 different waxes zymol carbon wax and the HD waxes from zymol... This wax wont make your black molding white also and out beads alot of waxes. I got a sample from the Barvarian show and shine show in Portsmouth, NH. Let me know if anyone has used it and what they think of it...

myndgone
04-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Zaino can be found at fairview mall at the barber shop.. Dont ask me why.

are you kidding me?! :eek:

Guelphguy
04-12-2005, 08:57 AM
are you kidding me?! :eek:

Lol, yeah but you have to make sure nobody is looking, lean over to the barber and whisper...I would like the wink wink...special hair gel please.....