PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need scan/reset for CEL and SRS

rico328i
04-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Hey Guys,

My friend and I each recently bought Peake Research scan and reset tools for our cars. One for the Check Engine Light(plus oil service and Inspect. ) and the other strictly for SRS related issues (airbags). After scanning for the codes - we check the code list to see what the corresponding issue is.

Good for BMW's up to 2000 I believe. Does anyone need a scan / reset ? Before taking it to the shop at least you'll know what the issue or fault is. Sometimes, after resetting, it doesn't come back on.

Either way. If anyone wants. I'm planning on going to tonight's meet.

PM me if you are interested.

Alwysfresh
04-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Rico has helped me out a couple times with my SRS and CEL and he's been extemely helpful. He's a really good guy to deal with. Take advantage of this everyone...I highly recommend it.

Quack
04-08-2005, 02:33 PM
hi Rico I will need your help for the SRS, my air bag light came on a couple of weeks ago, I just need it turned off, I'll see you at the meet tonight

thanks
Clarence

rico328i
04-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Consider it done Clarence!

gnarfy
04-08-2005, 04:26 PM
how much you paid for the srs reset tool???

WASABI
04-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Good stuff Rico ! *th-up* What a great samaritan ! that's the way to spread bmw love. lol ! I only have the oil service reset, so if anyone in sauga needs just that, let me know.

ChahalzBMR
04-08-2005, 04:36 PM
and I got Brampton covered for oil service light reset.

SkycityBMW
04-08-2005, 05:36 PM
yeah . .I borrowed one from a fellow BMW guy hear in town easy to use . . .

Two thumbs up for Rico ! ! ! *th-up* *th-up*

Rep points for sure ! ! !

rico328i
04-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Sorry Guys. I forgot to post at the beginning of the thread that we are asking $10 for a scan and reset. Will follow up in case either the CEL or SRS light come back on within a month. Free. More than reasonable for finding out what those damn lights are on for.

I feel bad that I didn't include this in the beginning as I have scanned a few members cars already and have charged a nominal fee of $10. Which is going towards the cost of what we paid for these tools. They aren't CHEAP.

Do I still qualify as a Good Samaritan?

Anyhow. PM me if you are interested.

Rico328i

ChahalzBMR
04-09-2005, 12:34 AM
no.

jk

R_JAY
04-09-2005, 02:04 AM
yeah . .I borrowed one from a fellow BMW guy hear in town easy to use . . .

Two thumbs up for Rico ! ! ! *th-up* *th-up*

Rep points for sure ! ! !So did you find out what was wrong with your ride?