PDA

View Full Version : BMW results @THE FIRST EPISODE and more.......

MPRESION
09-03-2002, 11:23 AM
I didn't see any posts, just curious.

Jon@Bimmersport
09-03-2002, 01:59 PM
Best BMW (Judge's choice)

Jeremy Canning

-------------------

Z Class

1st - M-ATTACK
2nd - Purple Dinan M Roadster

-------------------

E46

1st - Ack
2nd - Bliss

--------------------

E36 Wild

1st - Gurl BMW
2nd - Shaz

-------------------

E36 Mild

1st - Tito@Evolution
2nd - JJ
3rd -Tobimmer

-------------------

E30 Wild

1st - blue Teamworx (E36 facelift)
2nd - Jeremy Canning
3rd - ROB89M3

-------------------

E30 Mild

1st - Burnhard22
2nd - Carlos
3rd - Eurosport

-------------------

BMW other (I think)

1st - Usic
2nd - Gamite
3rd - Blue Dinan E39 M5

burnhard22
09-03-2002, 02:28 PM
I took the older Euro 1st place but dunno if considered part of maxbimmer clan but willing to learn..lol
Burnhard22
..aka Ben

EMPOWERD
09-03-2002, 02:32 PM
As the head judge for The First Episode, I'd like to thank all the competitors for coming out to the show... without you there would be nothing. I know some of you don't agree with the final results but there is a good explaination for it. As a car show competitor myself, I tried my best to make this one as unbiased and fair as possible. During the show I used a score sheet (exclusive to Euros) to mark all the cars. Points were awarded for cleanliness, presentation, and ideas.... BUT, majority of the points were awarded to the amount of custom work and "bolt ons" the car had - stereo systems included. Only so many points could be accumulated by a clean, relatively stock car while other (maybe dirtier) cars did accel with larger wheels and non-factory stereos. If I did infact "rig" the results, than Jeremy would have won best E30 wild.... but after the points were added up, Teamworx came out on top - simple as that. I'm sorry to disappoint maX members Bimmersport, Richie Rich and others that didn't get what they had hoped for (especially Bill Melbourne) but I honestly tried to keep it neutral.

ROB89M3
09-03-2002, 04:59 PM
I guess cars with overspray paintjobs are award winners ??

Where is the category for refinement ?

Charlie's car was one of the most refined/cleanest/rarest cars there,barr none.....

Ack
09-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by empowerd
As the head judge for The First Episode, I'd like to thank all the competitors for coming out to the show... without you there would be nothing. I know some of you don't agree with the final results but there is a good explaination for it. As a car show competitor myself, I tried my best to make this one as unbiased and fair as possible. During the show I used a score sheet (exclusive to Euros) to mark all the cars. Points were awarded for cleanliness, presentation, and ideas.... BUT, majority of the points were awarded to the amount of custom work and "bolt ons" the car had - stereo systems included. Only so many points could be accumulated by a clean, relatively stock car while other (maybe dirtier) cars did accel with larger wheels and non-factory stereos. If I did infact "rig" the results, than Jeremy would have won best E30 wild.... but after the points were added up, Teamworx came out on top - simple as that. I'm sorry to disappoint maX members Bimmersport, Richie Rich and others that didn't get what they had hoped for (especially Bill Melbourne) but I honestly tried to keep it neutral.

Randy -

It was a great show, hopefully next year there will be more cars and spectators.

I personally did not like the Hamann M Roadster, but the results were objective, not subjective. This is how a show should be run.

Just my $0.02.

So when is the next show (besides Import Fest)?

Jon@Bimmersport
09-03-2002, 05:07 PM
ack..the next show that will be worth comming from NY wud be import fest...but its up 2 u...check out all the import sites..they got a list of shows...

Streetracing.org (http://www.streetracing.org) is a good site

ps..thats the sickest sig i ever saw...did u make it? and how come no1 seems to like the m coupe?? i seem to like it! except some spots here and there with the paint...the lights cud be a lil different...but its unique..

Ack
09-03-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
ack..the next show that will be worth comming from NY wud be import fest...but its up 2 u...check out all the import sites..they got a list of shows...

Streetracing.org (http://www.streetracing.org) is a good site

ps..thats the sickest sig i ever saw...did u make it? and how come no1 seems to like the m coupe?? i seem to like it! except some spots here and there with the paint...the lights cud be a lil different...but its unique..

Thanks for the info!

The sig was made by a friend. I gave him a bunch of pics and he put it together for me. I have virtually no Pshop skills.

The ///M coupe was a little over the top for me. I like BMW's that aren't too heavily modded. I think the racing stripe and the silver body panels put it over the edge for me.

EMPOWERD
09-03-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
I guess cars with overspray paintjobs are award winners ??

Where is the category for refinement ?

Charlie's car was one of the most refined/cleanest/rarest cars there,barr none.....

Rob,

I figured you'd open your ignorant trap again. Overspray paint jobs will win if they have the right critera in other areas.

example:
If one of your relatives pulled up to a show in a brand new Murciélago that has a mint-ass paint job and not a spec of dust on it, he'll still loose because his ignorant punk-ass little grandson's newphew's cousin has more custom work on his 13 year old poseur M3 (even if it has a cheezy gay-ass DEKRA sticker on the door). Comprende?

....and don't tell me what Charlie's car has... I know that car better than you know your own.

ROB89M3
09-03-2002, 05:40 PM
ok..

Now explain the reasoning behind "Judges choice" for best BMW.

Everyone would think that the M-Roadster would've won......or even the M-Coupe or even ACK's e46......

Yes Jeremy had a ton of aftermarket "bolt-ons" and yes it had
what some would say "a ricer wing" (no offence Jeremy) ,and most of all he spent a ton of $$$ on the car,AND it is 13 years old BUT.....don't you think that the M-Roadster was on a different level?

99% OF THE PEOPLE DID.:rolleyes:

EMPOWERD
09-03-2002, 05:56 PM
99% of people think chrome wheels are pretty and a stock paint job with fancy ropes around the car make it remarkable.... why? It's not people's choice... it's what the judge thinks and that's the final decision. If Bill, Charlie and Rich want to compete in a clean-car competiton, then join up in a concours and see what the judges with white gloves can find under their fenders. This was a Sport Compact car show... not a Pebble Beach Concours d'elegance. I hope they understand.

I'm surprised you're even bringing this up considering you won an award for a car you didn't even build! I gave you full points on "creativity" for wheels.... should I have?

BMW BMXer
09-03-2002, 06:12 PM
hey randy did u even judge that pos truck that was there? It was beside that hacked up vw golf(?) with the airbag setup

that was across from durangoed (that truck did not lay for SHIET), but the remote bag set up impressed me...

Jon@Bimmersport
09-03-2002, 06:14 PM
ok..

Now explain the reasoning behind "Judges choice" for best BMW.

Everyone would think that the M-Roadster would've won......or even the M-Coupe or even ACK's e46......

Yes Jeremy had a ton of aftermarket "bolt-ons" and yes it had
what some would say "a ricer wing" (no offence Jeremy) ,and most of all he spent a ton of $$$ on the car,AND it is 13 years old BUT.....don't you think that the M-Roadster was on a different level?

99% OF THE PEOPLE DID.:rolleyes:

yea i was the 1% that didnt...i love his car..but it aint import show quality...i was tellin the guys from max..and no offense...if Maxbimmer competed against say Versatile Racing Development...versatile wud obviously win cuz of the amount of mods their cars have! jus 2 of them alone wud take any of our cars..except maybe empowerd cuz of the work it has done to it...thats jus how its rated....

charlie..few more exterior mods and the system...u'll be killer at the shows! cant wait to see the final product.

MP328
09-03-2002, 06:55 PM
the only thing i don't like is always the same cars are winning and are at the shows. even though they look good or not too bad, but comeeeee onnn every single car show u see the same cars around.

but at least this time i saw some new ones around and actually some of them won.

ROB89M3
09-03-2002, 07:21 PM

yea i was the 1% that didnt...i love his car..but it aint import show quality...

So are you saying that the m-roadster was too good for the show? Import show quality? You mean rice-quality? Outrageous *junk* bodykits and crappy reupolstered leather ?

Also,the guy who had the limegreen Golf didn't even have a headliner on the car and won for best MK2 ??

All you need to *win big* at these shows are

-bodykit
-"creative wheels"
-cheap lookin interiors
-Amazing stereo installs
-Overspray paintjobs (with glitter in the paint)
-Overized rear wings...

:rolleyes:

EMPOWERD
09-03-2002, 07:25 PM
You finally got it through your thick head Rob... very good!

Like I said, if you want to show off your car to enthusiasts that appreciate it, go to the next Bimmercruize or a BMWCCA concours. I don't see why it's so hard to understand? duh.

The judging sheets @BimmerCruize took into consideration the age of the car, mileage, track use, cleanliness and rarety... things that cannot be shared by the VW/Audi crowd @The First Episode.

SickFinga
09-04-2002, 12:25 AM
Charlie got mods??
I know he had stereo and exhaust. he got something else now??

My opinion on judging at those events.
More mods you got more chances you have to win.
and doesn't matter if those mods made you car more nice.
remember that 5 series with the most ugliest body work most of use ever seen? I bet it won enough trophys, just because it has a lot of mods.

jeremy
09-04-2002, 01:19 PM
[B]

So are you saying that the m-roadster was too good for the show? Import show quality? You mean rice-quality? Outrageous *junk* bodykits and crappy reupolstered leather ?

Also,the guy who had the limegreen Golf didn't even have a headliner on the car and won for best MK2 ??

All you need to *win big* at these shows are

-bodykit
-"creative wheels"
-cheap lookin interiors
-Amazing stereo installs
-Overspray paintjobs (with glitter in the paint)
-Overized rear wings...

dont take this the wrong way...or actualy take any ****in way you want....! why go to a show if all your going to do is ****in bitch like alittle girl !! i never do this shit (shows that is) because of people like you who constantly complain...you won a goddam award....just be happy with that....i never won an award before and i was SO HAPPY to win ( i dont even care what place), but now because of some ignorant people i feel like i didnt deserve it or maybe someone pulled strings for me....**** !!!! .atleast i had the balls to do my car as how i see fit, even if that meant adding a "ricer wing"... i think alot of people need to grow the **** up and get over this whole "jap crap" vs euro deal....it's GAY...this isn't ****ing high school anymore...OPEN YOUR EYES AND YOUR MINDS....dont buy into other peoples bullshit and maybe skip on something for your car because your worried about what other people think...man, i have worked so hard on my car, i ve spent countless nights on my car after working a ten hour day...and all i hear is BLAH BLAH SHIT....i dont have a rich parent to pay for my car and all my shit, i have worked hard for eveything i own...and i am happy with all the results....AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.....if you rob89m3 are so outraged by the quality of the import shows, why enter ?? you complain of "cheap looking interiors" and shit...you interior is STOCK ....am i right ? you want credit for the work some german guy did making 2.00 an hour that you dont even know ?

ROB89M3
09-04-2002, 01:30 PM
Well said Jeremy!
I just wanted to start some controversy on the board!! haha:P

Most people on the board know that I just say crap but don't mean it....

Your car is sick (in a good way) You worked really hard to make it look great for the show (including CF Hood)I'm glad you won the awards you did,cuz your BMW probably had the most bolt-ons on it.

CONGRATS MAN! So whats your next mod?

later

punnzzells
09-04-2002, 01:36 PM
Rob....

Take the good with the bad..... honestly.. i am not even sure how I won at bimmer cruize with my 6 series, but I did.... i am sure Julian's car has more mods and what not, and it does look sick, but as Randy said..... "the judges decision is what is final"*wave*

but.... you should really know better entering those import shows.... anywhere you see civics, type R's... you should know what you are getting you and you car into! :eek:

when you go to those shows..... all you have to do it copy a car from the "FAST AND FURIOUS" and walk with your pants half way down your ass and blare the Z 103.5 sh*t and you will always be a WINNER!! :puke:

hey at least you got to rub your ballz up against a couple of whores.... lol ... :moon:

what a shamo! *uzi*

by the way... is anyone going to the AUTOMADNESS show this weekend?

Let me know...

Mike.

*smoke*

EMPOWERD
09-04-2002, 02:02 PM
I'd like to add that to make things more fair the judging sheets for the Euro's were completely different than the ones for the Asian and Domestics.... Not many points were awarded for 20"+ wheels, graphics, paint jobs and air-ride/hydaulics etc..... Like I said, this show was judged without bias and completely fair. I can't stress this enough.

Rob,

The "controversy" that you enjoy starting on the board will eventually get your face bashed in or banned from Max.... not by me, just warning you that stepping on toes isn't always good... especially someone that thinks they're Superman behind the keyboard, yet doesn't open their mouth in real life.

jeremy
09-04-2002, 02:24 PM
"Rob,

The "controversy" that you enjoy starting on the board will eventually get your face bashed in or banned from Max.... not by me, just warning you that stepping on toes isn't always good... especially someone that thinks they're Superman behind the keyboard, yet doesn't open their mouth in real life. [/B][/QUOTE]"

well said....that is the first true to life thing i have probaly heard on this whole subject...:)

Razkal
09-04-2002, 03:12 PM
I'd like to add that to make things more fair the judging sheets for the Euro's were completely different than the ones for the Asian and Domestics.... Not many points were awarded for 20"+ wheels, graphics, paint jobs and air-ride/hydaulics etc..... Like I said, this show was judged without bias and completely fair. I can't stress this enough.

Rob,

The "controversy" that you enjoy starting on the board will eventually get your face bashed in or banned from Max.... not by me, just warning you that stepping on toes isn't always good... especially someone that thinks they're Superman behind the keyboard, yet doesn't open their mouth in real life.

Well put Randy.... What Rob is showing us is similar to what to the drunks have after a few drinks, Liquid courage...

We will call Rob's - Keyboard Courage - DEF'n =
a person who is tough behind a flat screen but a p*ssy in public.

Hey if there was an award for that - you would win 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Best of Show...

I know that you are 21 and you still have some growing to do, but watch what you say because things get mis-interpretted online and what you may think is a 'joke' may cost you a set of front teeth one day. Just be careful man - someone may not see things the way that you do - accept the differences and move on ....

Jon@Bimmersport
09-04-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Razkal 320i
what you say because things get mis-interpretted online and what you may think is a 'joke' may cost you a set of front teeth one day.

yea rob..u all know the guys on max r bigger than u...so far all the 1s i know are way bigger than me! except julian hahahaha...jus if u got somethin bad to say..keep it to urself...i learned that in gr 1...im sure u learned it to, it comes in handy...esp when ur talkin bout some1s ride who put countless amounts of effort, time and money...even if the hondas look like shit, who cares..it aint urs..no offense but b4 u put ur 18" ur call looked nasty! but with the 18" it looks awesome...noticed how i really only posted good stuff bout ur ride all the time? if 1 of the guys from versatile was here (i know theres 1 of the guys bros in my autoshop class) and u said all this too him..he wud tell u wats wrong with urs..and u wud get pissed off...if u want, ask me and ill do it for u..i can go on and on bout bad things i dont like bout cars.

Eurostyle
09-04-2002, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ROB89M3
[B]Well said Jeremy!
I just wanted to start some controversy on the board!! haha:P

Most people on the board know that I just say crap but don't mean it....

Hey Rob, "IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, DONT SAYANYTHING". You should BE the LAST one to b#tch because this is the second award you dont deserve, I dont even know how you made it to WILD class!!! Your car is NIVE but almost stock, other then rims, suspention and a painted intake!!! You dont see Jeremy b@#ch because he came second to that Teamworks blue E30....that car didnt WIN ANYTHING at Darknights (even my car was judged to be better) and now he takes first:huh?:

hawai-Ian
09-04-2002, 05:51 PM
i dont know rob and 99% of members here. .. not that it matters or anything...but i come to this forum to entertain and be entertained. aside from that, pick up/give out a few bimmer tips and check out the FS and Wanted ads now and then. i plan on knowing and meeting max members one of these days.

why am i saying this? well rob was the guy who lured me into this board. great bimmer site i might add.

well since im a member and this is an open forum... i'd like to give my quick 0.02. imo you guys who posted before me are right on the money.
rob's post are funny most times but he's not too careful too at times before he hit the enter key...thus he get's into hot water.

no offense ne1

ROB89M3
09-04-2002, 10:31 PM
You guys make me laugh!!

Most of you don't know me and don't really know what my car has in it (Eurostyle).

It's better that you guys STFU for a change and not respond to my Jiberish (it's only the internet ,once again) :rolleyes:......hahaha

ROB89M3
09-05-2002, 02:32 AM
So whats wrong with my M3? (so I can make it look nicer (ricer)...):D *wiggle* *devil*

Gamite
09-05-2002, 03:30 AM
Most of you don't know me and don't really know what my car has in it (Eurostyle).

Can you list everything in your car w/o looking at the spec sheet you got from bavarian?

SickFinga
09-05-2002, 03:54 AM
Hey Rob here is something for ya
http://www.mbapages.com/!smith_and_wesson_banner.gif

heh, j/k, man. I just saw this on some other forum while reading this and it was too funny :D

P.S. DO NOT TAKE ME SERIOUSLY. Just kidding:)

Jon@Bimmersport
09-05-2002, 08:01 AM
k...im listing stuff the average person knows about bmws at autoshows...

1. it looks old
2. the red striping is looking a bit faded and looks cheap
3. the headlights look like they're full of yellow shit
4. the spoiler..well u already know bout that
5. it looks to plain but the dekra sticker looks out of place
6. it doesnt sound good to me
7. needs to be lowered like 1/2inch more in the front
8. interior looks old style..
9. sound system aint all that good

10..and the most imporant...not enuf models in the pics lol..

ROB89M3
09-05-2002, 08:52 AM

1. it looks old

I agree except for #6.You should really hear it past 5000 rpms.:eek:

Carlo
09-05-2002, 01:18 PM

1. it looks old

I'd take Robs car over yours any day!!!!!

BMW BMXer
09-05-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Carlo

so ur saying ud take robs car over nothing anyday?

Gurl Bmw
09-05-2002, 01:44 PM
Oh... My... This thread reminds me of somewhere else........

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!!

jeremy
09-05-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Gurl Bmw
Oh... My... This thread reminds me of somewhere else........

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!!

huh? ooooooookkkkkkkkkk

Gurl Bmw
09-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Oh... You never go on DTM... Sorry....
I was referring to www.dtmpower.net
There is no need for this board to become a clone of that one.

And I was just congratulating everyone who won.

jeremy
09-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Oh... You never go on DTM... Sorry....
I was referring to www.dtmpower.net
There is no need for this board to become a clone of that one.

And I was just congratulating everyone who won.

congrats to you too>....did you pick up anything else after i left ?

Gurl Bmw
09-05-2002, 03:40 PM
Nope... just a flat tire though.....

jeremy
09-05-2002, 03:54 PM
Nope... just a flat tire though.....

YIKES

do you even carry a spare ?

Gurl Bmw
09-05-2002, 04:18 PM
Ya... I have a spare... But I drove it across the street to get air... and now It is fine... must have been a slow leak....

Jon@Bimmersport
09-05-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Carlo

lol..who wud take an e30 m3 or my hot wheel? na i like robs car..jus some things...the e30 m3 doesnt suite me....neither does ur cheap e30 carlo! jks man...i like e30's..but dont catch me driving 1..no offense,..i jus like the e36 and e46 the most.

rob, tonite u better rev it up when we come there...i wanna hear it, but sound sytem also..aint that great! we'll see when u get the upgrades tho..it aint really fair sayin that since ur car is 13yrs old!

i hope no1 took offense to wat i said

EMPOWERD
09-05-2002, 06:26 PM
That's too bad, I was gonna let you drive my E30 when it comes out.:confused:

Autotechnica
09-05-2002, 06:59 PM

I love E30's! Especially yours! Can I drive it? :D

Bryan

ROB89M3
09-05-2002, 07:01 PM
If you look in autotrader.ca this week,you'll see 2 sweet e30's 1 is a white '89 with all kinds of mods,and the other is an '88 with m-tech bodykit. I used to work with the guy who has that '88.Sweet ride!!

The white '89 has been for sale 3 times in the last 2 years.....

http://photoserver1.trader.ca/autotrader/photos/large/2002/08-30/tfx/08-30-02tfx34-09.jpeg

http://photoserver1.trader.ca/autotrader/photos/large/2002/08-30/tfx/08-30-02tfx31-19.jpeg

Autotechnica
09-05-2002, 07:08 PM
If you look in autotrader.ca this week,you'll see 2 sweet e30's 1 is a white '89 with all kinds of mods,and the other is an '88 with m-tech bodykit. I used to work with the guy who has that '88.Sweet ride!!

The white '89 has been for sale 3 times in the last 2 years.....

You know what? Before I bought my E36 318 I was really considering getting an E30. After looking at the brutal condition of most of them it really turned me off. If I found a nice one I would have bought it. I really liked Mike's red Hartge E30 318, it was a beaut, but nuff problems with that car. Most people tell me its really hard to find one in acceptable condition, and its true! No offense to anyone with an E30, but those things rust up like crazy! The ones with chrome bumpers are really not my taste, the only ones that I like are the ones with plastic black bumpers which in the end costs close to an E36 anyways.

Also Rob, its never a good idea to buy modified engines. Unless you know exactly what that person has done to it. Even so, modified engines means the car has been abused more. Almost no one modifies a car then drives like an old man.

Bryan

Jon@Bimmersport
09-05-2002, 07:14 PM

LOL..my ass..but man, urs is different!! so urs dont count towards my point of the e30s

Eurostyle
09-06-2002, 01:02 AM
You guys make me laugh!!

It's better that you guys STFU for a change and not respond to my Jiberish (it's only the internet ,once again) :rolleyes:......hahaha

I may not know YOU but i have seen the car several times and unless you are hiding NOS somewhere, the list of mods is very short! Your car is very nice and clean*th-up* but if you want to post a list of the mods and HOW many of them HAVE YOU done to the car ( doing the actual work yourself!) you will get my point! From what I remember you even get other people to detail your car!!! There is nothing wrong with that, but most enthusiasts dont mind getting dirty and doing as much as they can on their cars, and thats what makes it special! I may not have a mint M3 but I have done ALL the work on my cars and know them inside out...

SickFinga
09-06-2002, 02:49 AM

Did I mention somewhere that you are my best friend??? :D

Carlo
09-06-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by BMW BMXer

so ur saying ud take robs car over nothing anyday?

Yup......(E46 Lover is only 15 or something).....In fact I'd take robs car over most of those car at that show, I love his car!!!

Autotechnica
09-06-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Eurostyle

I may not know YOU but i have seen the car several times and unless you are hiding NOS somewhere, the list of mods is very short! Your car is very nice and clean*th-up* but if you want to post a list of the mods and HOW many of them HAVE YOU done to the car ( doing the actual work yourself!) you will get my point! From what I remember you even get other people to detail your car!!! There is nothing wrong with that, but most enthusiasts dont mind getting dirty and doing as much as they can on their cars, and thats what makes it special! I may not have a mint M3 but I have done ALL the work on my cars and know them inside out...

I totally agree *th-up*

Bryan

ROB89M3
09-12-2002, 10:38 PM

Just because my car doesn't have a lame-ass; cheap-ass,ugly-ass,bodykit,doesn't mean I don't have any mods on the car..
If you really wanted to know all my mods,here's a list:

Engine: 2.5 bored and stroked bottom end,evo 3 crankshaft, rods, pistons, headgasket etc., 2.5L forged pistons, 11.25:1 compression, Schrick twin cams, Port + Polish head,chip,K&N panel filter,Upgraded EVO 8mm spark plug wires, painted valve cover & intake plenum (red), Fse Power boost valve (fuel regulator), oil pan baffle (helps keep oil where its needed), Supersprint exhaust (dtm tips), evo 3 head gasket, original M3 header, Lightened Flywheel, heavy duty racing clutch, short shifter.
Suspension: Ground Control coil-overs, camber plates, rear shock mounts, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Aluminum control arms, Polyurethane bushes, Sparco strut brace (front)Hartge brace (rear), Hartge Sway bars (F&R).
Wheels/Tires/Brakes: 18x8 (et23) Compomotive Mo's with 215/35 18 Yokohama Parada Tires, Upgraded 25mm 7 series brake master cylinder,Stainless steel brake lines, 12" front discs,standard rear, KFP (Golds)Carbon metallic pads.
Interior/Exterior: Isotta Shifter (color coded), Momo Steering (color coded), AC Schnitzer lookalike pedals,Original Recaro interior (black), Original M3 Floor mats (rare), Heated seats(rare), -EVO II front splitter,New front bumper cover with EVO III Undertray,(ellipsoid), ice blue light bulbs,new sunroof panel,New DTM Carbon fibre 1:1 replica mirrors.
Ice: Alpine cd, Kenwood components 5.25 front and rear

Eurostyle
09-12-2002, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ROB89M3
[B]

Just because my car doesn't have a lame-ass; cheap-ass,ugly-ass,bodykit,doesn't mean I don't have any mods on the car..

WOW!!! Never seen so much "ASS" in one post!!! How about you moderators??!!

P.S you forgot to say how much of that have you done on your own....

Autotechnica
09-12-2002, 11:30 PM

Engine: 2.5 bored and stroked bottom end,evo 3 crankshaft, rods, pistons, headgasket etc., 2.5L forged pistons, 11.25:1 compression, Schrick twin cams, Port + Polish head,chip,K&N panel filter,Upgraded EVO 8mm spark plug wires, painted valve cover & intake plenum (red), Fse Power boost valve (fuel regulator), oil pan baffle (helps keep oil where its needed), Supersprint exhaust (dtm tips), evo 3 head gasket, original M3 header, Lightened Flywheel, heavy duty racing clutch, short shifter.
Suspension: Ground Control coil-overs, camber plates, rear shock mounts, Bilstein Sport Shocks, Aluminum control arms, Polyurethane bushes, Sparco strut brace (front)Hartge brace (rear), Hartge Sway bars (F&R).
Wheels/Tires/Brakes: 18x8 (et23) Compomotive Mo's with 215/35 18 Yokohama Parada Tires, Upgraded 25mm 7 series brake master cylinder,Stainless steel brake lines, 12" front discs,standard rear, KFP (Golds)Carbon metallic pads.
Interior/Exterior: Isotta Shifter (color coded), Momo Steering (color coded), AC Schnitzer lookalike pedals,Original Recaro interior (black), Original M3 Floor mats (rare), Heated seats(rare), -EVO II front splitter,New front bumper cover with EVO III Undertray,(ellipsoid), ice blue light bulbs,new sunroof panel,New DTM Carbon fibre 1:1 replica mirrors.
Ice: Alpine cd, Kenwood components 5.25 front and rear

Hey Rob,

I think what Fill meant was work you did yourself.. you know with your own hands, not paying people to do it for you. I do everything myself, whatever I can possible with the tools I have. But I take pleasure in detailing the car myself.

Bryan

ROB89M3
09-12-2002, 11:33 PM
Work I did myself:

Installed my sunroof panel
Installed my bumper cover and undertray
Installed my stereo
Installed my mirrors

Basically thats all I would/can do.Any engine mods/Suspension mods is done by the shop.

Btw: I do detail my own car,but I had a pro do it for the car show.

SickFinga
09-12-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by MTRD

Hey Rob,

I think what Fill meant was work you did yourself.. you know with your own hands, not paying people to do it for you. I do everything myself, whatever I can possible with the tools I have. But I take pleasure in detailing the car myself.

Bryan

I'm sorry Bryan, but you do not make any sense here.
most of his mods are not home made mods, and require preofessional mechanic, hoist, and shit load of instruments.
Like me and my bro installed ssk and cai on my car. Exhaust I went to the shop. It is hard to put it without the hoist.
BUt if I had any internal engine work i woudl definatelly go to someone.

Autotechnica
09-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga

most of his mods are not home made mods, and require preofessional mechanic, hoist, and shit load of instruments.
Like me and my bro installed ssk and cai on my car. Exhaust I went to the shop. It is hard to put it without the hoist.

I do a lot of my own painted.. I removed parts and replaced them myself, custom work done to body peices, installed bumpers, rear bumpers, spoiler, drilled holes, installed lenses, wiring, TB, intake, etc etc.. its not considered anything professional. But on the weekends I can spend 4-5 hours per day working on my car. I spend 3-4 hours waxing my car twice a month and 1.5 hours washing it once-twice a week.. is that enough time?

Anyways, thats not the point Fill was trying to make. He was saying that Rob didn't even detail his own car, aside from that, its true, he didn't even pay anyone to mod his engine. I actually do whatever I can at home with whatever I have.

Bryan

SickFinga
09-12-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by MTRD

I do a lot of my own painted.. I removed parts and replaced them myself, custom work done to body peices, installed bumpers, rear bumpers, spoiler, drilled holes, installed lenses, wiring, TB, intake, etc etc.. its not considered anything professional. But on the weekends I can spend 4-5 hours per day working on my car. I spend 3-4 hours waxing my car twice a month and 1.5 hours washing it once-twice a week.. is that enough time?

Bryan

we were talking about mods here, no time you spend with your car. all your mode are external and can be done on your own.
I agree with you, but like I said, your and my mods are not even close to Rob's mods.
Do you think Randy put s52 engine on his own? actually maybe he did, but he has his own biz which is really helpful if you do mods. He can store his car in the big garage, and I'm not even talking about his hook-ups.

Eurostyle
09-12-2002, 11:55 PM

If you want to do something (and enjoy it) you can find a way...
Last year for the first time I did a head gasket on my friends E30...but instead of just replacing it ( 2 day job ) we did a full "i" head on "e" block swap including full exhaust, wiring harness transplant, ECU swap and all the other things needed...It took you about a mounth, working on a driveway at NIGHT under just a spot light...BUT at the end, when the fully port and pollished head was on and the engine started first crank, we were all HAPPY of THE JOB we did (17 to 21 year olds) with a Motomaster 72 piece tool kit and a set of wrenches.....

Jon@Bimmersport
09-12-2002, 11:57 PM

Last year for the first time I did a head gasket on my friends E30...but instead of just replacing it ( 2 day job ) we did a full "i" head on "e" block swap including full exhaust, wiring harness transplant, ECU swap and all the other things needed...It took you about a mounth, working on a driveway at NIGHT under just a spot light...BUT at the end, when the fully port and pollished head was on and the engine started first crank, we were all HAPPY of THE JOB we did (17 to 21 year olds) with a Motomaster 72 piece tool kit and a set of wrenches.....

eh..let me in when u do that again....i took autoshop class, but all we r learning about is how to change oil on DOMESTIC vans! wtf! my teacher barely knows proper grammer and looks like jerard from subway commercials

SickFinga
09-13-2002, 12:16 AM

I agree with you if you love it you would do that.
I LOVE IT, but I would never do that on my m3.
Cause if I f0ck something up it gonna cost me A LOT. and I'm not ready for that, when some mechanic f0cks something up, you can blame him, you know what I'm saying.
When I lived in Estonia I was around cars and bike 24/7.
And we never went to a mechnic.
My bro, our friend and I, took out engine from 2 cars, and put one good working engine in another car. It took us whole night. But we did it and we were very happy. And we almost had no tools.
My best friend and I always did something with his 1983 e30 323is. Everyday we did something with that car. And I'm not talking about how many bike's engines were rebuilt.

P.S. Like I said I love this stuff, but I wouldn't risk my car.

EMPOWERD
09-13-2002, 12:49 AM

Do you think Randy put s52 engine on his own? actually maybe he did......

You're right... I did. Aswell as custom make the brackets for my blower + install.

Eurostyle
09-13-2002, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SickFinga
[B]

I agree with you if you love it you would do that.
I LOVE IT, but I would never do that on my m3.
Cause if I f0ck something up it gonna cost me A LOT. and I'm not ready for that, when some mechanic f0cks something up, you can blame him, you know what I'm saying.

M3 or not, its just like any other car...just one more reason for you NOT to f@#k up!!! Cars like these are made to be ENJOYED, in every way possible...You can f@#k up if you race it on the track, you can f@#k up street racing or just driving HARD...but how many times has that stoped you! I bet next time you see a civic at red light the LAST thing you will think about is blowing your engine , just before you smoke him!!!
:D

SickFinga
09-13-2002, 12:56 AM

You're right... I did. Aswell as custom make the brackets for my blower + install.

yeah but like I said not everybody got a shop and hook ups as you.

Eurostyle, that's what I dp with it I drive it hard, very hard.
but I don't wanna do any engine work on my own.

windsor318is
03-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Best BMW (Judge's choice)

Jeremy Canning

-------------------

Z Class

1st - M-ATTACK
2nd - Purple Dinan M Roadster

-------------------

E46

1st - Ack
2nd - Bliss

--------------------

E36 Wild

1st - Gurl BMW
2nd - Shaz

-------------------

E36 Mild

1st - Tito@Evolution
2nd - JJ
3rd -Tobimmer

-------------------

E30 Wild

1st - blue Teamworx (E36 facelift)
2nd - Jeremy Canning
3rd - ROB89M3

-------------------

E30 Mild

1st - Burnhard22
2nd - Carlos
3rd - Eurosport

-------------------

BMW other (I think)

1st - Usic
2nd - Gamite
3rd - Blue Dinan E39 M5

id hate to bring back a thread from a year ago, but ive been looking for this one for a while. E46LOVER i was just wondering were you got these result for e30 mild. i got second and carlo got 3rd place, i realy dont care just curios how this happened. they even printed it like this in PBMW