PDA

View Full Version : Trani flush in the Mississauga, Toronto or Oakville area

Marven
04-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Hi Guys,
I need my tranny flushed FULLY - anyone know of a reputable shop? Preferably in Mississauga/Oakville area? Otherwise I will travel in the GTA to get it done right...

Thx
M.

T.Dot_E30
04-01-2005, 11:18 PM
auto? or 5spd?

Marven
04-01-2005, 11:20 PM
auto? or 5spd?

AUTO

raffa
04-01-2005, 11:35 PM
You can do two things, flush it or drop the tranny pan & replace filter. Best will be to do both.

e30bim
04-04-2005, 01:00 AM
If you want the best shop in the GTA for bmw's go to cross ave. auto. He takes pride in the work and is an authorized dinan dealer. He is on cross ave. and trafalgar rd. Tell him hey buddy sent you, he will give you a good deal and you will be happy with the work. Also check out his e46 m3 with the HRE's and the grand turismo brembo brake package as well as his x5 on 24's

Marven
04-04-2005, 09:48 AM
If you want the best shop in the GTA for bmw's go to cross ave. auto. He takes pride in the work and is an authorized dinan dealer. He is on cross ave. and trafalgar rd. Tell him hey buddy sent you, he will give you a good deal and you will be happy with the work. Also check out his e46 m3 with the HRE's and the grand turismo brembo brake package as well as his x5 on 24's

Thx Dude - what's his name? yes I am too lazy to look up the number :rolleyes: ..do you have it?

Thx
E

NIMA
04-04-2005, 01:58 PM
this guy is good, his name is Sam, check out www.crossavenueauto.com ...........he knows what he's talking about....

rodo
04-04-2005, 05:06 PM
yah, def. go to sam, he is a great guy, he does 03 dinan 3's work. He doesn't have the 24's on yet does he?

EMPOWERD
04-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Sam does good work, BUT i'd recommend against doing a complete tranny flush on your auto E34. My father had his tranny flushed (just for maintainence) on his '94 325is and it ended up costing more than $3500.00 in the end (complete rebuild needed 4 months later). The transmission shop told us that flushes are the worst thing because they kick up all the "sleeping" sediments in the transmission and just ruins the internal clutches. Do a pan/filter-lube instead.

raffa
04-04-2005, 11:23 PM
If you have not done any tranny. services on your car before, and you have high milage car,than EMPOWERD is right. You will most likely need to rebuild tranny. very shortly after flushing it.

Marven
04-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Are you guys serious???? *sad* Has anyone else had this happen - not that I don't trust you EMPOWERED....

The reason I was going to do this was b/c my car shifts hard, like a clunk....
The other thing is when I am reversing - sometimes my car starts vibrating....but it's not the idle...a buddy told me that it could be my tranmission mounts - CHUCK changed them last year....

Can anyone shed some more light on this?

Thx
M.

Guelphguy
04-05-2005, 09:36 AM
I have also heard to NOT do a complete flush as I was thinking of doing the same on my 90 535i, but rather, drain, refill and repeat at least three times after driving a little each time and that should get almost all the old crud out with out "forcing" dirty stuff all around.....the only other thing I have considered is using "lucas" tranny fix as an additive...I know that most additives are "snake oil" but searching around the net a lot seem to swear that this is the only additive that helps "reduce" some of the symptoms of wear.....

Darkness95m3
04-05-2005, 10:02 AM
There is some truth in this.
However if you take your vehicle to a good mechanic he will flush the transmission until the fluid coming out is clean. I have a 1998 Ford E350 Turbo diesel van, the transmission gets flushed every 80,000Km the van has over 230,000km on the clock never had a problem. Talk to your BMW service advisor and see what he recommends.

EMPOWERD
04-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Think of it this way... if your engine started to run rough, or make noises.... would you get your hopes up from just an oil change? There are many things inside an auto transmission that can be damaged or worn out. Since that's the case and it may need to be opened up regardless, just try the flush and see.

Marven
04-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Think of it this way... if your engine started to run rough, or make noises.... would you get your hopes up from just an oil change? There are many things inside an auto transmission that can be damaged or worn out. Since that's the case and it may need to be opened up regardless, just try the flush and see.

confirmation - which one? The basic flush or the full flush...I think you mean basic but I just wanted to confirm....

M.

sadda///M
04-07-2005, 02:57 PM
clunk in transmission unlikely. no miracle fluid will solve a clunk.
maybe u have a bad u-joint

BMWF1
04-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Marven I wouldn't trust EMPOWERD either he lies, he says he has this Sweet porsche and a Smart car where as noone has ever seen him driving either one...I wouldn't listen to him.

vinay
04-07-2005, 04:44 PM
opening up both sumps, getting out the fluid, cleaning the pan... putting it back together, and refilling the fluid.. thats the procedure I have read about ...

What is a "full flush" ... anything more than a drain/refill following the above method?

lvan
04-08-2005, 01:17 AM
I heard that too man that flushing can do damage. I think there was a member by screen-name )chrome( that flushed tranny since his car did not want to shift.After lil bit of time the tranny died and he had to rebuild it, which costed lots of cash.....Call BMW dealer and ask them....

Gamite
04-08-2005, 02:47 AM
Marven I wouldn't trust EMPOWERD either he lies, he says he has this Sweet porsche and a Smart car where as noone has ever seen him driving either one...I wouldn't listen to him.

That's a joke right?

notjoe
04-08-2005, 08:24 AM
That's a joke right?

I sure hope so, if there was one person i WOULD trust it would be Randy. Besides, i've seen the porsche at an AutoX or two *th-up*

rodo
04-08-2005, 01:28 PM
trust me and go to cross avenue auto