View Full Version : Good Wax/Buff for E46?
04-01-2005, 09:30 PM
I want to wax/buff my car (E46 metallic black). If I do it myself, what brand wax should I buy? If I take it to a shop, which shops are reliable? Any suggestions?
04-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Personally i don't like anyone else waxing my car but me. I always used Zymol and works amazing. I also heard Zaino was an amazing product as well, which im gonna be trying this summer.
04-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Im gonna try Klasse this year. Used Zaino, was not that impressed with it. I have used the Detialing Depot in Oakville, they do a great job.
04-01-2005, 10:54 PM
I agree. Thanks for the tips...
Stalker why didn't you like Zaino?
04-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Not enough shine. I used it right too, cause I had a the ditrubutor do it with me. I was good, but not like they advertise about it. So Im gonna use Klasse as I heard many good things.
04-01-2005, 11:12 PM
poorboys products are awsome and they are widely used among detailers including myself.
04-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Used Zymol today and it's amazing! Thanks Bruce!
04-11-2005, 12:10 AM
where did u pick it up at?
04-11-2005, 12:12 AM
isnt zymol a POLISH? Bruce how many times a year do u use zymol cuz your car is ALWAYS silky smooth
04-11-2005, 11:35 AM
I tried all kinds. I still think Canuaba wax gives the most shinny look.
04-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Hey Guys....I tried all kinds of waxes... Zymol included... I would recommend trying P21s wax from Germany... The only catch is that it costs alot... This wax was tested against like 20 different waxes zymol carbon wax and the HD waxes from zymol... This wax wont make your black molding white also and out beads alot of waxes. I got a sample from the Barvarian show and shine show in Portsmouth, NH. Let me know if anyone has used it and what they think of it...
04-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Funny you say P21's. I just finished waxing the entire vehicle with it today.
1. It's a 2 step process - cleaner/pre-wax, and wax
2. Very easy to apply, fantastic with black molding! The best I've used.
3. I'm not a big fan of the cleaner/pre-wax. It does not take out swirls/imperfections out that well. A pre wax not a cleaner.
4. Will not give you a very slippery waxed surface if this is what you are looking for. (when yo rub you hand over car. Mothers is much better at this)
5. I applied a few extra coats of wax today. Looks like it made a difference.
6. Does not last very long but I have not found a wax that really does.
7. I have a silver vehicle. When it's dirty it looks good. When it's clean it looks good. Silver is not a show stopper colour when detailed.
8. I hear you can buy from Harley Davidson. They sell under a diff name. I purchased from the US and got killed with duties $$ !
Let me know if anyone has found a cleaner/wax one step process that work well.
Might try Klasse next time. Let me know what you think of Klasse.
04-11-2005, 07:56 PM
I like my NXT wax so far, I want to try Klasse though
04-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Zaino or AutoGlym.
05-11-2005, 03:44 PM
I always like McGuires .. they have so many stages to do different things to your car. I like them the must and it really brings back the black color in plastic trims.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.