PDA

View Full Version : euro plates

SBM_330CI
03-31-2005, 12:19 AM
anybody here have/had euro plates on their cars ? how long b4 the cops pull you over ???
i have 1 on the way that actually has my plate # on it ... so i am just wondering here how long b4 i the cops pull me over .. :D

SpoolinS6
03-31-2005, 12:24 AM
well i have mine on my dash saying QUATTRO
no B.S yet

Furious
03-31-2005, 12:24 AM
what do you mean? you only have euro plates on??? or both plates plus the euro.ORRR the Ontario rear and the euro front?

SBM_330CI
03-31-2005, 12:29 AM
sorry i didn't make it clear
Ont back ... euro front and ont front on the windshield

qimis
03-31-2005, 12:31 AM
hehe less than 24 hrs ... that was before Windsor Autoxtacy, he gave me a warning cause i told him, the car's going for a show that day. :) after that i got 2 plates at the front for a few months, had no prob. w/ that.

SBM_330CI
03-31-2005, 12:36 AM
well i have mine on my dash saying QUATTRO
no B.S yet

u mean your euro plate is not mounted on the front ?

SBM_330CI
03-31-2005, 12:39 AM
hehe less than 24 hrs ... that was before Windsor Autoxtacy, he gave me a warning cause i told him, the car's going for a show that day. :) after that i got 2 plates at the front for a few months, had no prob. w/ that.

hey qimis . how have u been ? less than 24 for hours ? i was thinking at least 1 week ... the cops here sure are busy doing thier job :rolleyes:

Furious
03-31-2005, 12:41 AM
dont bother , put the euro on the dash, not worth the hastle, thats what i do

maxx318i
03-31-2005, 01:37 AM
Im planning to mount mine only on the front, below the BC plate. A few plp I have seen, do that, it's pointless to mount it in the back cover it with your BC plate ..

qimis
03-31-2005, 10:12 AM
i was doing 90 on huron church and weaving in and out in traffic, running kinda late to the bond facility. and there was a undercover popo in a camaro came out of expressway. that's why he pulled me over, other than that should be at least a week i guess.

i would just go w/ 1 plate at the front, it looks 'stupid' or way too much having 2 plates. $0.02.

///Maluco
03-31-2005, 11:10 AM
I used to have Euro plates up front on my first car, and never had an issue since in the early 90's, it wasn't very common.
I only had an officer comment once that I had to turn my Ont. plates vertically because it wasn't clearly visible.
I had the Euro plates on the bumper and two brackets coming down from behind to hold the top of the Ont. plates below the wide Euro plate. I liked the way that looked as opposed to having the wider plate below it. I know it's a bit much, but I broke up the white from the two plates by placing a smoked lic. plate cover over the Ont. plates.

The wider Euro plate will only look good if you place it way down on you spoiler so you don't cover up your radiator opening.

Now if you place the Euro plates on the front and have your Ont. plates on your dash, it won't be long before law enforcement begins to hassle you over it. Unfortunately, we require these plates, unlike Michigan and some other states where it is optional.

SBM_330CI
03-31-2005, 12:00 PM
thank you for your info ///Maluco ... i guess i will just put the euro on my dash than ... sigh ... all that the ont front plate does is eat bugs cuz of its gaint size .. i don't even know why we need it .

btw qimis ... when is our cruise going to happen ? lets have a photoshoot with our euro plates on .. just don't go 90 on huron church or riverside *no-no* ..than we should be *th-up*

Bmwstylz
03-31-2005, 01:22 PM
2 plates is just "rice" in german whatever the word is.

I say risk Only a Euro Plate up front and change it if you get caught.... Fine is only $110

JUS_CRZN
03-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Should take about 5 min to get caught driving in mississauga. :(

E36 Power
03-31-2005, 10:42 PM
I have the m3 front from Fil so it had a spot for a eruo plate and i ordered one..i have it in the slot with my ontario under it...doesnt look tooo too bad...i can send pix if ud like just drop ur email..i dont know how to post them here

DINAN 3
04-05-2005, 03:22 AM
2 plates is just "rice" in german whatever the word is.

Steig ein Helmut !
Ist das ein Deutsches auto ?

maxx318i
04-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Steig ein Helmut !
Ist das ein Deutsches auto ?

jawohl, sehr shon

qimis
04-05-2005, 01:02 PM
hey guys, since we're in the topic now ..... how do you guys say this in german ?

"Please write 40 euro instead of 114 euro in the invoice / receipt, when you send the package."

Luke318is
04-06-2005, 12:28 AM
ok check out mine...i should get a pic of the back as well...i mounted euro plates in both the designed spots on the car...where ud normally keep ur bc plates..i made a hanger that hangs my bc plate below that, under my bumper...(no lights but no one has whined yet.) and my front bc plate is in my window, use radar dector suction cups to mount ur plate on the window. I get asked like once a day if my cars from germany..its awesome.

maxx318i
04-06-2005, 12:30 AM
oooo.....see there you go.
wouldn't that attract unecessary attention from da police?
give em another reason to pull you over and harass you?
meh.. good idea though. *th-up*

DINAN 3
04-06-2005, 02:55 AM
hey guys, since we're in the topic now ..... how do you guys say this in german ?

"Please write 40 euro instead of 114 euro in the invoice / receipt, when you send the package."

Wenn Sie dass Paket verschikken, koenten Sie Bitte 40 Euro statt 114 Euro auf der Rechnung eintragen.

Danke,

qimis
04-06-2005, 08:33 AM
thanks ! *th-up*

Luke318is
04-07-2005, 03:03 AM
Funny thing is the cops cant do shit the way i have it...at least not in bc. My front plate is in full view, and so is my back plate...only thing wrong is that the rear plate isnt illuminated...but they wont know that unless they turn off their headlights :P

6speedMaxSE
04-09-2005, 12:20 AM
You guys may think this is rice but I just love German cars along with Euro plates:
I had a Neon that I thought would look unique with Euro plates. I first had a French plate then finally changed to a German one (just on the front). In Tennessee, you are only required to have one plate (the rear) so I never had any problems. When I attempted to cross the Canadian border back to the US, the border patrol practically interrogated me.

BMWF1
04-09-2005, 12:46 AM
haha, speaking of plates i never had a front plate on my car, had it for 3 years, I was never bothered once. Sold my car, (windsorbmw) had it for 1 month got pulled over and ticketed twice for no plate....haha i guess i got lucky or something

SBM_330CI
04-09-2005, 01:44 AM
haha, speaking of plates i never had a front plate on my car, had it for 3 years, I was never bothered once. Sold my car, (windsorbmw) had it for 1 month got pulled over and ticketed twice for no plate....haha i guess i got lucky or something

u are 1 lucky guy :D ... so are u still within the bmw family now ?

BMWF1
04-09-2005, 02:21 AM
u are 1 lucky guy :D ... so are u still within the bmw family now ?

nope, i'm on the driving the family cars, but very soon there is something on the horizon however i'm thinking of shifting away from bmw, staying with germany cars though *th-up*

qimis
05-06-2005, 10:39 PM
eh did you get your euro plate on ? do you have Ontario plate as well ?