PDA

View Full Version : Radar/Laser trap....!!!!

EstorilM3
03-30-2005, 09:34 AM
The boys have set up shop on Adelaide St. ramp onto the DVP right in front of BMW Toronto....!!!

Be carefull of your speed as you're driving eastbound across the bridge overpass (over the DVP)...can't see the trap until you're on top of them!

One guy taking "pictures", one directing cars to pull over into a designated area, and two more writing tickets...very efficient!
Must have made a killing yesterday afternoon!

1BADRIDE
03-30-2005, 09:50 AM
You know... if enough people donated to a central site dedicated to speed traps in the GTA, they could pay people to stand just fore and aft of the speed trap holding signs "SPEED TRAP AHEAD - CHECK YOUR SPEED!" every time a speed trap was set up.

I wonder how that would affect the police quotas... :D

uber e36
03-30-2005, 09:55 AM
I wonder if you could set up the technology where people call in and report a speed trap... you enter it into a computer... it sms to everyone signed up... or event better, sms to those that are in that general area...

EstorilM3
03-30-2005, 10:15 AM
It's typical of the cops to not pay ANY attention to other transgressions drivers committ...

Adelaide is about 4-5 lanes wide in that area, and people change lanes without signaling RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE COPS' NOSES...you'd think they would give out tickets for that as well, but NOOOOOO....!

Speeding only today, Sir! Speedin' only!

5style
03-30-2005, 10:31 AM
i still flash my highbeams when i spot a speedtrap, on any side of the road, i ll drive by flashing my highbeams to warn others, for up to 2 blocks away. Alot of people do that, whenever i see someone flaSHING HIGHBEAMS, i instantly slow down...and what do you know? cops!

M3ti Compact
03-30-2005, 10:36 AM
^ I do that too...but what's funny...I only noticed people driving German cars doing it...Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, BMW's and VW's...never had anyone else flash me for cops

5style
03-30-2005, 10:39 AM
hmm, youre right! Well french cars and mopars too now, apparently! (thanks to me)

chanh
03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
i got my first speeding ticket there last year as i was on my way to servicing my m3 *shiner*

71 in a 50, lowered to 15 over i think

new_e46
03-30-2005, 04:14 PM
^ I do that too...but what's funny...I only noticed people driving German cars doing it...Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, BMW's and VW's...never had anyone else flash me for cops

That is so true!

rico328i
03-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Got busted at that exact location last year too!! Bastard! Cop was even facing the wrong way.......Court date next week!!

Rico328i

BMW_7
03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
It's typical of the cops to not pay ANY attention to other transgressions drivers committ...

Adelaide is about 4-5 lanes wide in that area, and people change lanes without signaling RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE COPS' NOSES...you'd think they would give out tickets for that as well, but NOOOOOO....!

Speeding only today, Sir! Speedin' only!

I agree, I'm amazed how useless cops downtown are. They will never pull anyone over. (during rush hour or daytime, that is) One time I was approaching Yonge and Queen St, I went through a yelllow and then as I pass I see the cop waving down people behind me PHEW I thought, I had a close one. Yeah so you gotta watch out for them, you NEVER know what to expect. I guess the only solution is go with your gut feeling?

Gianpaolo_E46
03-30-2005, 06:50 PM
You know... if enough people donated to a central site dedicated to speed traps in the GTA, they could pay people to stand just fore and aft of the speed trap holding signs "SPEED TRAP AHEAD - CHECK YOUR SPEED!" every time a speed trap was set up.

I wonder how that would affect the police quotas... :D

i think thats illegal, its interfering with police or something like that