PDA

View Full Version : no more BMW :'[

///Milk
03-29-2005, 07:53 PM
the 325i that my family was leasing, is finished, we returned the car after Easter
so now we got a new Corolla S that is an awesome little car
hopefully we'll lease another BMW next year, and for me to buy my own also :)

PS-i'm also going to post some pix of my dad's '78 635CSi in the rides section later on today

Lennon
03-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Your avatar makes you cool.

///Milk
03-30-2005, 12:06 AM

Mystikal
03-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Ha, my friend has a new Corolla S as a winter beater. I find it surprisingly fun to toss around, also funny how the speedometer ends at 110mph. At my typical highway cruising speed the needle is horizontal, in my car that would be jail time.

I'm interested in trying out the new XRS though. Seems like a reasonable platform to upgrade from, much more substantial than the latest Civic (a car I think is complete trash).

///Milk
03-30-2005, 01:19 AM
what's the main diff between the S and the XRS? isnt it mostly the transmission and suspension?

so far, i got nothing to really complain about the baby camry, good mileage [30+mpg] and fun to sleep in :D

330DTM
03-30-2005, 01:44 AM
what's the main diff between the S and the XRS? isnt it mostly the transmission and suspension?

so far, i got nothing to really complain about the baby camry, good mileage [30+mpg] and fun to sleep in :D

Hey man, sorry to hear about that. You know, you're actually in the same position as I'm in. We used to have an E36 328i, but then when the lease was up, my parents opted for a Corolla LE; they needed a car easy on gas since they use it a lot for their business.

Anyhow, the mainy difference is that the XRS uses the Celica engine (i'm not sure if it's the base Celica or the GTS engine, forgot) where as the S uses the stock Corolla engine. I believe the XRS is a bit lower and I can't think of the rest off the top of my head.

My main complaint about the Corolla is the ride height. You're sitting so high off the ground!

///Milk
03-30-2005, 01:59 AM
the ride height is pretty good, not too high not too low, i guess it seems like that since the side skirts are so bulky

how long ago did ur parents go from the BMW to the Toyota?

///m powered
03-30-2005, 02:23 AM
The "S" is for shitty.

I drove a rental Corolla S, and yeah, it's fun to throw around but I find it unfortunate you have to own one :(.

///Milk
03-30-2005, 02:44 AM
i dont own it..my family does :D, plus im never gonna drive it
im gonna practice my driving w/ the shitbox van that we have and then gonna learn stick w/ an E30 in a year :)

330DTM
03-30-2005, 02:59 AM
the ride height is pretty good, not too high not too low, i guess it seems like that since the side skirts are so bulky

how long ago did ur parents go from the BMW to the Toyota?

It's been 3 years since we did the switch over. Yeah, it's such a big difference in terms of performance.

Mystikal
03-30-2005, 11:47 AM
what's the main diff between the S and the XRS?

170hp VVTi motor, 6-speed, firmer suspension, 17" wheels, summer tires, and most importantly, NO EXTERIOR CHANGES. I swear to God that has to be the best sleeper out there. Rip off the spoiler, get it in beige or some crap, and you can drap race a cop without him noticing you. :D

jeremy
03-30-2005, 12:51 PM
man.....leasing is such a waste of money....

5style
03-30-2005, 01:00 PM
not if you write everything off under business, then its free...

jeremy
03-30-2005, 02:54 PM
not if you write everything off under business, then its free...

you can't write it off 100% .....no matter what anyone tells you...someone ends up paying...if you're self employed....if you work for someone and their company is paying for the car, then they will have charges...they can't write it off 100% either..