PDA

View Full Version : Fender flares vs rolling fenders...

GR8 Ride
08-31-2002, 11:34 PM
Okay, time to ask the experts about some body kit / fender rolling type issues. All of this for an E36 (94) 325is...

I'm going to wider wheels / tires for the track, and while I figured they'd fit, in fact my new set is a little too wide.

So, I'm looking at either A) getting my fenders rolled, inside and out, or B) just biting the bullet and getting fender flares (ala PTG car...).

Since it's a track car, I'm not obsessed about appearance, but I don't want it to look like some low-level NASCAR wanna-be (duct-tape optional...).

So, anyplace where I can get cheap to decent fender flares around Toronto, without going for the full $$$$ wide body kit?

Also, any body shop around that does good work, but isn't tied up for months in advance like Excellence?

Thanks,

Pat

sanchez
08-31-2002, 11:43 PM
ya european autobody but they charge what your get.. the do an awsome job they did my friends car

ROB89M3
08-31-2002, 11:50 PM
Pat,this is what you need to do....

GR8 Ride
09-01-2002, 12:37 AM
I'm not interested in a full out wide-body kit, as it's too much ofa $$$$ headache, and too much of a PITA to fit properly to the car (as you're replacing ENTIRE body panels).

I'm merely after a fender flare kit....for that matter, it could be a bolt on / rivet-on unit. I think black, rivet-on fender flares would actually look pretty cool on a white race car.

Has anybody dealt with BC Auto & Design? I've heard most of their stuff is relatively junk....but I figure it's pretty hard to screw up fender flares....

Any suggestions on local guys in town to do something like this?

Pat

Jon@Bimmersport
09-01-2002, 01:16 AM
pat i didnt deal with bc auto...or any1 for that matter for cars, but i was with my cuzin...and they give the biggest POS stuff ever! they rip u off like they r gonna be broke if they dont make a sale (like gill from the simpsons..remember him guys?) well anyways...if u can afford to get like some carbon fiber and dark wheels on there it'll look like a real track car to me man...sorry if i didnt help much but i cudnt help putting in my $.02

good luck man...keep us updated!