PDA

View Full Version : staggered vs non staggered

E36 Power
03-28-2005, 11:27 PM
quick question..what is the diff bewteen staggered and non :confused: ...i have a 96 328i...will non staggered b ok..performance differences

thanks

thinair
03-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Well, I'm pretty biased toward non-staggared on the e36, but I'll explain why.

A staggared setup will promote understeer, which is something that our cars already do stock, why make it worse. A little understeer is safe for the street. Too much understeer will just make your car plow into corners when pushed. It is better to have a street car with tendancy to understeer (plow) then to oversteer (drift/spin out), for performance reasons I'd try to dial out as much understeer as possible making the car more neutral.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I like having the option of rotating my tires. The rears are wearing faster then the fronts, move them to the front. Simple.

Unless your car is making like 350hp, or you've managed to mount the engine in the trunk, go non-staggared.

Both will be ok, neither will kill your or make your car drive worse in an everyday situation. If it's looks you want, staggared does look cool.

E36 Power
03-29-2005, 12:11 AM
thanks man..so then basically i should go non staggered is what your syaing *uzi* k good

thinair
03-29-2005, 12:29 AM
in other words, yes....but that is just my opinion.

2slow2race
03-29-2005, 01:44 AM
vwvortex.com had an article writin about staggered vs. non-staggered

Staggered vs. Non-Staggered (http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/article_1253.shtml)

give it a read
not bad

i liked it *th-up*