PDA

View Full Version : The bimmer bug is catching on

Lee in Ottawa
03-28-2005, 10:57 PM
I don't know about TO but around here the number of modded bimmers has incresed 100%. My buddy even mentioned the other day how he's seen alot more bimmers running around now. It's about time people smarten up and come over to the good side :cool:

Understated
03-28-2005, 11:08 PM
its definately true!...just happened in the past couple years too. But its either that since i can recognize and distinguish every single bimmer i'm "noticing" them more :P

thinair
03-28-2005, 11:47 PM
The prices have been dropping like crazy, e30, e34's and 36's are super cheap. Also financing options are becoming very attractive for the newer cars. The real drawback is still the insurance, but you'd be suprised at how many people don't look into it until they buy the car.

Jim .E.
03-29-2005, 12:26 AM
The prices have been dropping like crazy, e30, e34's and 36's are super cheap. Also financing options are becoming very attractive for the newer cars. The real drawback is still the insurance, but you'd be suprised at how many people don't look into it until they buy the car.

thus they end up selling em after a couple months :(

daytona
03-29-2005, 11:51 AM
The price of BMW depreciatation is huge....seen so many e36 e46 priced at the levels of Toyotas mid priced sedans.Im waiting for the next generation of E series are out then its a bargain hunters paradise for BMW buyers....quick question...any comments about the e46 wagons?...Im looking for a car that can haul things..with the price of gas and SUV insurance cost I probably go for a car/wagon setup...I luv the AllRoad by Audi by its expensive,maybe a Audi Wagon or a BMW wagon..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/rolex8/02.jpg

Manimillion
03-30-2005, 12:03 AM
I don't know about TO but around here the number of modded bimmers has incresed 100%. My buddy even mentioned the other day how he's seen alot more bimmers running around now. It's about time people smarten up and come over to the good side :cool:

Too bad %80 of them running around in Ottawa r rice... Their mods include M3 badges and Motorsport windshield banners :puke:

bmdoubleya
03-30-2005, 02:16 AM
Too bad %80 of them running around in Ottawa r rice... Their mods include M3 badges and Motorsport windshield banners :puke:

:D bmdoubleya's bro:

yeah like Lee said I 've seen alot lately to

havn't come across any mega rice yet! :D

I never have my camera when i see them (rice in general) *sad*

1BADRIDE
03-30-2005, 10:56 AM
I'd say 95% of those modded BMW's are from Markham, and 95% of those people DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE SAFELY!

Rampage
03-30-2005, 11:07 AM
hahah, that reminds me of the time I saw a Honda Accord with an ACS badge on the trunk in Brampton last summer :D

Unfortunately, no camera at the time

Jorg
03-30-2005, 01:11 PM
The success of BMW comes as no surprise to me. Mercedes-Benz did buy Chrysler and had to invest huge amounts of money to keep it afloat.

In the meantime, they neglected their own product and kept some models far too long without a need upgrade, such as the ML SUV.

The banked on the notion that the Star on the Hood will carry them through. But this was not it. The once legendary quality went down the drain and when Mercedes-benz customers found out that their cars came in 26th out of 27 SUV rated by J.D. Power the love affair came to a quick end.

Now they are coming out with a new Model every few months. First came the new SLK, in April comes the new ML and the new S-Class in the Fall. Then new R-Class, B-Class and G-Class cars. There market offensive will be relentless.

But BMW and the other competitors will not step aside and let them get their market share back quickly. It will be a fight and maybe this time the customer will benefit. The first counter-punch will come from BMW with the new 3 Series and by all I am reading, it will be a knock out punch.

Jorg

Raging Lamb
03-30-2005, 01:17 PM
^Do you work for BMW?

dirtyd14
03-30-2005, 04:37 PM
i got my e30 325e like 2 years ago since then 1 of my friends got a e30's a nother got a 1992 525i, a nother got a 1997 bmw m3, a nother got a 2001 m3, a nother got a x5 .....lol but i was the first......i love spreding thew bimmer bug. ! of my friends with a dakota r/t is gettin a bimmer bug also hes lookin at a 1993 m5.

Mitch555
03-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Most BMW's are falling in the hands of people with no taste. I've seen countless BMW's around Mississauga/Toronto that are HIDEOUS! Not many people know how to customize a BMW with class and taste.

Jorg
03-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Hi Ranging Lamb:

No, I am an engineer and a recent newcomer to the BMW brand for the exact reasons I pointed out. When I complaint that there was nothing new and pointed out the new models at BMW, they suggested to me, why don't you go and buy one.

I did not follow their advise and buy one, I bought three.

Jorg

Bmwstylz
03-31-2005, 02:27 PM
Most BMW's are falling in the hands of people with no taste. I've seen countless BMW's around Mississauga/Toronto that are HIDEOUS! Not many people know how to customize a BMW with class and taste.

Agree 100%

*wiggle*

bmdoubleya
03-31-2005, 03:17 PM
hahah, that reminds me of the time I saw a Honda Accord with an ACS badge on the trunk in Brampton last summer :D

Unfortunately, no camera at the time

I saw the sweetest early 90's Cavalier blue with dual
White ricing stripes hood to trunk ...

big white windshield sticker stating FAST & FURIOUS
Furiously LArge Wing of course..

no camera *sad*
would've been GOLD! :D

Bmwstylz
03-31-2005, 05:27 PM
^^^ your post made me think of this lovely photo (taken in Gatineau Quebec). Note the Front "euro" plate mouhahahaha :D

http://img101.exs.cx/img101/7743/fatty8cq.jpg

Drew_328IS
03-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Yes I see more bmw's in ottawa but that Chrysler 300( Bently knock off) is at every light.