PDA

View Full Version : How sponsoring works

danbean123
01-13-2002, 10:33 PM
I'm planning to buy a bimmer and like everyone I want to mod it pretty much. Since all this stuff is quite expensive, I was wondering if it would be worth it to be sponsored ? Will it help me with the cost of the modding of my car ? What are the procedures to do, if I would like to be sponsored by a compagny ( example Momo )?

thanx

danbean123
01-13-2002, 10:41 PM
thanks, I'll try to contact randy

EMPOWERD
01-14-2002, 01:12 AM
Danbean123,

Sponsoring is not an easy thing to do. Large companies that sponsor people are looking for basically another way of advertising their product.... that means that your car has to be unique for it to catch the eyes of the average retail purchaser or fast as hell the the track to be noticed. Basically, first you have to seriously mod your car to be absolutely crazy in order to make an impression on a million dollar company. They're not going to give their product away to a stock car in hopes that you'll "spread the word". There are some exceptions that I've come across and they were only because the vehicle owner actually worked for the company.
I didn't have any intention to get sponsored..... as a matter of fact, I didn't even think my car was that great. My goal was to get cover on Performance BMW magazine and that was it. In one year, I won 26 first place trophies at car show on the East Coast of Canada and the U.S. and have also been featured in 3 different International magazines more than once.... that's what large manufacturers want to see their product on..... MAXIMUM EXPOSURE.
Basically, you have to judge whether your car is equivalent to a moving bilboard for people to notice the different products on it. It's tuff, and in the long run it doesn't really pay off that much.... I spent $50,000 on my car in the last 2 years to make it this radical, and I didn't do it so I can get a set of free tires for 1 year..... you understand....;)

Alex Mc
01-14-2002, 01:16 AM
http://www.importstreetscene.com/iss/sponsorship.asp

good pointers..

bobo
01-14-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by empowerd
Danbean123,

Sponsoring is not an easy thing to do. Large companies that sponsor people are looking for basically another way of advertising their product.... that means that your car has to be unique for it to catch the eyes of the average retail purchaser or fast as hell the the track to be noticed. Basically, first you have to seriously mod your car to be absolutely crazy in order to make an impression on a million dollar company. They're not going to give their product away to a stock car in hopes that you'll "spread the word". There are some exceptions that I've come across and they were only because the vehicle owner actually worked for the company.
I didn't have any intention to get sponsored..... as a matter of fact, I didn't even think my car was that great. My goal was to get cover on Performance BMW magazine and that was it. In one year, I won 26 first place trophies at car show on the East Coast of Canada and the U.S. and have also been featured in 3 different International magazines more than once.... that's what large manufacturers want to see their product on..... MAXIMUM EXPOSURE.
Basically, you have to judge whether your car is equivalent to a moving bilboard for people to notice the different products on it. It's tuff, and in the long run it doesn't really pay off that much.... I spent $50,000 on my car in the last 2 years to make it this radical, and I didn't do it so I can get a set of free tires for 1 year..... you understand....;)

-yeah Randy's like famous even no-name brands like me went to importfest just so I could see his car heh*wave*