PDA

View Full Version : BOdyshop REALLY screwed me over

Luke318is
03-26-2005, 03:01 AM
Ok heres the story.

I rear ended someone a while ago and sent my car to the shop for a new hood.

Got my car back and it looked great...at first.

While i was driving i was running my hand on the paint on my door and i noticed it felt gritty, i also noticed that my window was really dirty and i wouldent clean with the wipers, i just figured i was noticing rockchips.

ANYWAYS i took a closer look at my car and found thes problems

1.) dirt specs under new paint on hood, leaving little bumps
2.)chipping on edge of underside of hood, new paint
3.)some primer overspray hit my front right fender, no biggie, a few specs
4.) a little red overspray on center of drivers side front rim.
5.) heres the BIGGIE, i realized that the WHOLE CAR, is covered in a thin mist of BLACK overspray, (my car is red) it isnt noticable unless your about a foot away, but that explains the roughness of all the paint (the new paint on the hood must have been painted after, because it is clean.) even the windows have some overspray mist on them (hence the "dirtyness") I guess they were painting a black car and the idiot didnt cover my car, or it was windy and the paint carried over to my car.

SO heres my question

When i take the car into them, if they tell me they can buff it off, is that the truth? or will i need a new paint job? or will they simply be able to sand then apply new clear coat.

Any bodywork guys, replies are appreciated.

I just want to be prepared as to what the real solution to their ****up is.

Thanks, Luke

Luke318is
03-26-2005, 03:13 AM
the pic at the end of my post is the car after the work was done, but if you saw it up close you'd see the black mist everywhere

Gamite
03-26-2005, 04:36 AM
I"m pretty sure it can be buffed off, since its on top of the clear coat.

(There shouldn't be any wind, it should have been painted in a spray booth.)

Anyways, the body shop should fix it for free since it was their fault, the only problem is they may refrain from doing any extensive work since u already paid them in full right?

Luke318is
03-26-2005, 04:59 AM
right.

E30rulz
03-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Did you try Varsol to make sure that ain't rustproofing?(still from an adjacent car though)...if it's paint...buffing maybe...1000 grit and new clear would fix for sure...laquer thinner for the trim...
>>>>>>>>doesn't sound like you will...but, don't lie down for these bastards. These guys are pros...they have good eyes...they know what they tried to shove up your ass and break off....be firm but nice.

Maxout
03-26-2005, 08:28 AM
show them what is screwed up and I'm sure if the company has a good reputation they will fix it, if not take them to court because I'm sure you paid enough to have the work done. *th-up*

Luke318is
03-26-2005, 12:09 PM
thanks guys, im hopin for the 1000grit and clearcoat.

will that make paint look newer than before as well?? *hopes*

and what about the windows? its not super noticable but if you run your fingernail on the glass its not smooth anymore....

bmdoubleya
03-26-2005, 05:10 PM
yeah a good Cutting compound M3 or something applied by a high Rpm
buffer will eat it right off...