PDA

View Full Version : To all the H&R & Bilstein setup drivers...

325isRED
03-24-2005, 10:15 PM
I am going to be aquiring a set of H&R race with Bilstein sport shocks... a buddy of mine sudgested that i should also install a camber plate...

to all the guys with this setup, do you guys have camber plates?
and if not, how significant is the abnormal wear on the tires...

Thanks, Adam

paul christians
03-24-2005, 10:38 PM
yes it is a good idea for the plates.........

Bliss
03-25-2005, 03:44 AM
I'm currently running H&R coilovers, and don't have any camber plates. This is how "significant" my tire wear is. *no-no*

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40593

Paul540/m3
03-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Bruce, do you run camber paltes in the front? I was under the impression that If I drop my car I would have more camber troubles in the front rather than the back

Bliss
03-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Bruce, do you run camber paltes in the front? I was under the impression that If I drop my car I would have more camber troubles in the front rather than the back

No i don't. No camber plates at all. The rear will give you most trouble(in terms of camber). My front isn't too bad at all, and it's probably the lowest i can go right now before having a lot of rubbing issues. The wear in the front is pretty even, not that noticable anyways. Those that seen my car know that it's pretty low.

Paul540/m3
03-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Hmmm maybe is should invest in some rear camber plates too

i hate all these little expenses lol

sorry didn't mean to jack your thread

M3_Shadow
03-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Definetly get camber plates in the rear. When i put my H&R Sports on, I had just put on BRAND NEW tires, and within 4 months, my tires looked exactly like Bliss's, completely bald on the inner side.

This summer I am getting camber plates for sure

Daydream///M3
03-25-2005, 01:30 PM
keep in mind bruces is like that to the magnitude it is because he is running without bottom collars on his coilovers. That is probably the most extreme you can get.... most people run like a subtle drop in the rear (ground control suggests 11.5 inchs- 12 inch from the middle rondel of your wheel to the middle of the rear fender arch.) The front you should be running 12-13inches.
This is for a proper track setup.... according to GC.

Also, if you have an e36, you can get another 2 degrees neg camber on the front by rotating the tower hats from left side to right. This will give you about 2.2 neg I think. I did it on my M3 and it works for all E36.... not sure about e46.

Also rears for e36 should run CCA (camber correction arms) Turner, AA sells them for like 250 a pair. ALthough depending on offset, if you dont have any neg camber on rear... you may rub the inner fender.

Hope this helps

Bliss
03-25-2005, 02:14 PM
keep in mind bruces is like that to the magnitude it is because he is running without bottom collars on his coilovers. That is probably the most extreme you can get.... most people run like a subtle drop in the rear (ground control suggests 11.5 inchs- 12 inch from the middle rondel of your wheel to the middle of the rear fender arch.) The front you should be running 12-13inches.
This is for a proper track setup.... according to GC.

Also, if you have an e36, you can get another 2 degrees neg camber on the front by rotating the tower hats from left side to right. This will give you about 2.2 neg I think. I did it on my M3 and it works for all E36.... not sure about e46.

Also rears for e36 should run CCA (camber correction arms) Turner, AA sells them for like 250 a pair. ALthough depending on offset, if you dont have any neg camber on rear... you may rub the inner fender.

Hope this helps

Gav, u weren't supposed to say that out loud. jk :D ;)

You're absolutely right about the removal of the collars making the difference, before that i still had a lot of uneven wear, but nothing close to what i'm getting now.

Daydream///M3
03-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Sometimes it amazes me how low you are running Bruce.... I couldnt even justify running my car any lower since I sometimes scrape runways and Im not even that low.

Let me know if you are still debating going to Aprils track event?