PDA

View Full Version : fake LED's

nick 86
03-21-2005, 11:19 PM
wahts gonig on people, i want to get some aftermarket LED lgihts for my rear (2003 325 xi) has anyone seen them, do they look nice and do they work like real LED's? and how much should they cost
and is it better jsut to get lights without the orange strip, instead of the fake ass led's

T.Dot_E30
03-21-2005, 11:28 PM
nothing you get will look as good as the OEM ones on the '04+ e46s.

I donno if anyone has attempted to retrofit them yet, that would be sweet, but probably alot of $$$.

Bliss
03-21-2005, 11:56 PM
wahts gonig on people, i want to get some aftermarket LED lgihts for my rear (2003 325 xi) has anyone seen them, do they look nice and do they work like real LED's? and how much should they cost
and is it better jsut to get lights without the orange strip, instead of the fake ass led's

Personally never seen the aftermarket led's but if i were you i would rather buy the oem non-led (white/red) combo, or the oem led setup. 8/10 the knock offs are gonna be shitty. Just my opinion.

Infamous
03-22-2005, 09:42 AM
you can get OEM LEDs in your car however you are going to have to reprogram your lcm and the dealership has to do it, whether they will or not will be up to them, check with some people on e46toronto they have done it.. "Cabrio" has done it on that forum as him, check e46fanatics too, a bunch have done it there too..

it costs about 1000 to do though from what i heard

aziz
03-22-2005, 01:04 PM
oem leds are for m3 only, should fit on all coupes, dont think they fit on sedans, wait for cpl of days/wks, i will run a group buy on leds for sedans In e46fanatics..i am about 2 wks away....its going tobe $350us and would be plug and play...red/clear or red/tint.

Bliss
03-22-2005, 02:35 PM
oem leds are for m3 only, should fit on all coupes, dont think they fit on sedans, wait for cpl of days/wks, i will run a group buy on leds for sedans In e46fanatics..i am about 2 wks away....its going tobe $350us and would be plug and play...red/clear or red/tint.

oem led's are for all new E46 coupes, not only M3's.

aziz
03-22-2005, 02:43 PM
oem led's are for all new E46 coupes, not only M3's.

thats exactly what i said, 'should fit on coupes'.

Bliss
03-22-2005, 02:50 PM
"oem leds are for m3 only"

Sorry, guess i misinterpreted your post. I read this and automatically assumed you were saying that they are only avail for the M3. :)

aziz
03-22-2005, 02:58 PM
no probs.

BMWF1
03-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Sorry, guess i misinterpreted your post. I read this and automatically assumed you were saying that they are only avail for the M3. :)

BAN :D

Infamous
03-22-2005, 10:58 PM
you cannot just plug the LED lights if they are OEM into your existing spot and expect them to work, there have been some people trying to use resistors but all n all if you want a good OEM setup you're going to have to get OEM and either get a NEW LCM or get yours reprogrammed, which many dealers will not do. this is because of the actual power that is driving thru the lights as LEDs require much less to operate

Gamite
03-23-2005, 12:51 PM

LOL!!

aziz
03-23-2005, 02:04 PM
you cannot just plug the LED lights if they are OEM into your existing spot and expect them to work, there have been some people trying to use resistors but all n all if you want a good OEM setup you're going to have to get OEM and either get a NEW LCM or get yours reprogrammed, which many dealers will not do. this is because of the actual power that is driving thru the lights as LEDs require much less to operate

you are right..somewhat, even oem leds for m3 will give you light out warning on ci, even if the dealer repogs it..it comes back after sometime....but there is way out without using resistors/reprogramming and all that...unfortunately, i cant tell you(ever) how since we are marketing our own product. 31 leds for brakes and 17-21 leds for the turn signal....all leds and no bulb crap.