PDA

View Full Version : Different I-pod/in car options (E36/E46)

98323IS
03-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Thought I would post here so it would get more replies and insight rather than posting in the E36/46 fourms. I was wondering what sort of options/setups you guys have (or have seen/heard of) with regards to your i-pods. Currently I have the FM wireless transmitter, and it works great in my beater. My E36 is coming out in a week or two, and I have been thinking I might want something a little more "complete". I currently have an Alpine head unit in there now, and was wondering if I can physically hook it up to the deck. I do have subs so the RCA outlets are in use already. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers,

Brad

p.s. here's a cool site for those with stock decks, or looking to upgrade decks and go wireless/intergrated with I-pods! I'm probably going to go this route for my dads E46 M3 cab..........looks good!

http://www.densionusa.com/x/index.php

Gianpaolo_E46
03-20-2005, 08:39 AM
depending on which Alpine head unit you have, alpine makes a connection for ipods which seems to be good because you can see the songs, file folders and browse through them with the deck controls. for an e46 you can get a oem bmw ipod adapter now

FastM3
03-20-2005, 11:47 AM
DO NOT PUT AN IPOD IN YOUR BMW.

Trust me. It drains the battery sooooooooo much.

BMVV
03-20-2005, 11:51 AM
How can an ipod drain the car battery?

98323IS
03-20-2005, 07:01 PM
My Alpine head unit is 2 years old so I don't think I will be able to have the connection they have. I am aware of that one though thanks. Pasta, what are you talking about man?!?!? lol

Gianpaolo_E46
03-20-2005, 07:08 PM
i think pasta is saying that since the bmw oem ipod adapter chrages the ipod as well it will charge the ipod when the car is off as well and drain the battery as well.

Polish
03-22-2005, 03:08 PM
pasta is ****ing cracked out, no one knows what hes talking about ever.