PDA

View Full Version : Best alarm for E36 M3 ??

M3speed
03-16-2005, 05:38 PM
hey guys, im looking to install an alarm, i've heard Vipers are good, what are your opinions? i need to know model #'s as well if you guys know

I'm looking for a really good alarm, nothing cheesy

Thanks

maxx318i
03-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I'd trust the BMW factory alarm - they're cheaper on E-bay than at the dealer (make sure u buy the FACTORY alarm.. not some OEM junk)

http://www.icbc.com/Crime-Fraud/autocr_antith_choose_secur1-03PU.htm

this site has all of the best alarms Auto-Crime dept. of Insurance Corp of B.C. researched in 2003.
Good luck

R_JAY
03-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Best alarm is good insurance :D
It seems like most out there are made by DEI nowadays.

maxx318i
03-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Best alarm is good insurance :D
It seems like most out there are made by DEI nowadays.

such a nice pic in ur siggy.... looks like a seven series... credit to the rims for that though

///MP
03-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Didn't all E36 M3s come with an alarm/immobilizer system? Anyone? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a shock sensor, but if you break the glass or open the doors (good luck) while armed it goes off. If it doesn't chirp when you lock the doors just press and hold both buttons on the remote for a couple seconds until the alarm chirps 4 times. Next time you arm or disarm you'll hear the chirps.

MP

M3speed
03-17-2005, 12:01 AM
thanks guys, i have the factory bmw alarm but was just curious to see if an aftermarket alarm was worth it

M3speed
03-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Didn't all E36 M3s come with an alarm/immobilizer system? Anyone? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a shock sensor, but if you break the glass or open the doors (good luck) while armed it goes off. If it doesn't chirp when you lock the doors just press and hold both buttons on the remote for a couple seconds until the alarm chirps 4 times. Next time you arm or disarm you'll hear the chirps.

MP

thanks for that info, i did not know this! *th-up*

maxx318i
03-17-2005, 12:55 AM
yah no probs. the best is always factory stuff.
cheers
ride her hard *par-t*

mpower1226
03-17-2005, 09:37 AM
why dont you gowith pager alarm with autostart function.

The one I was looking at, had really goood design on the pager unit, and variety functions on the alarm units. its costs around 500.

maxx318i
03-17-2005, 01:05 PM
why dont you gowith pager alarm with autostart function.

The one I was looking at, had really goood design on the pager unit, and variety functions on the alarm units. its costs around 500.

dont buy autostart function, because if you can start your car without your key.. then someone else can start your car without your key. it's very unsafe.

EstorilM3
03-17-2005, 01:33 PM
thanks guys, i have the factory bmw alarm but was just curious to see if an aftermarket alarm was worth it

Factory alarm is more than adequate.
if you want to have a further peace of mind, get a Boomerang II, but make sure the installer registers it.

Aftermarket alarms are liable to mis-function and lock you out or in (ask me how I know), and the installer is liable to fook-up the cars' wiring system.
Don't go there.

Mystikal
03-17-2005, 03:03 PM
DEI is making the best systems right now. Viper, Clifford, Avital, etc.

Miguel
03-17-2005, 04:12 PM
I've got a compustar 2W-FM900 and I love it.
No problems with it whatsoever.... it autostarts, remotelocks/unlocks, and the range is great.

I plan on getting the remote window/sunroof feature added this spring.

e36chick
03-17-2005, 05:12 PM
i've heard great things about boomerang. if what i know is correct, they come with a transponder, so if your car is started and moving without your key in the ignition, a tracking signal is sent to police.

i talked to the boomerang staff at Importfest in 2003...hope i remembered the details right.

paul christians
03-17-2005, 06:10 PM
a very big dog........jk.......if they want your car they got it Randy had good alarm on his car and it is gone.............

M3speed
03-17-2005, 06:45 PM
a very big dog........jk.......if they want your car they got it Randy had good alarm on his car and it is gone.............

yea true well said, if they want it bad enough, no alarm will stop them

JazzM
03-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Stellar alarms connect directly to the BMW wiring harness (no monkey business with your electronics) and offer a lot of features.

www.stellaralarms.com

T.

ara325
03-18-2005, 10:12 AM
I have an Avital alarm with keyless entry. While I was shopping for alarms, everyone i spoke to (salespeople) said that pretty much all car alarms are made by the same mfg...knock on wood, so far so good. The keyless entry is great at -40 C.