PDA

View Full Version : 1969 2000ti Lux Pictures

jm1602
03-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Went to look at this very rare car today which I'm considering buying. Wish it was in a bit better shape though.

jm1602
03-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Very funky.

jm1602
03-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Hmmm.

djcontra
03-13-2005, 10:14 PM
The car doesn't look TOO bad actually if someone were to take on the task of restoring it. I dont like the headlights too much though, would rather have round ones.

oldskool3
03-14-2005, 07:41 PM
looks pretty mint to me for the year. The body looks pretty cherry. Just swap for round headlight. Other than that I love it. *th-up*

Miguel
03-16-2005, 11:20 AM
how much is the guy asking?
I dont suppose you wanna PM me with his contact info if you decide you dont want it do ya?

Lee
03-16-2005, 09:07 PM
looks pretty mint to me for the year.

Hope I don't sound rude. "Mint for the year" doesn't work for me. It usually is a lame excuse for a car in bad shape. Mint is for any age of the vehicule. THis one doesn'T look that bad, the sheet metal is a bit warped on the driver side and no shot describes the underpinning. I would be curious the check for rust under the car and in the fender wells.

Most people will prefer a 2002 and you really need to be an afficionado to go into 4 doors Neue Klasse. I like those cars even though they are heavier than a 2002. Nonetheless, I have been offered that car for $2k and still think it is too much. But might have second thoughts at a lower price. This one has Euro headlamps but prefer the twin US lamps from on TiLux cars.

maxx318i
03-23-2005, 12:49 AM
car looks sweet.. if u have the time and the money to throw on it for repairs and restoration.. go for it dude. Classic is the way.

craz azn
03-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Went to look at this very rare car today which I'm considering buying. Wish it was in a bit better shape though.

AHAHAHAHAHA, hey John, Richard was telling me bout buying this car a couple of weeks ago. So you wanna buy it now too :confused: ?? this is funny.

BTW he told me he bought Dennis` orange car b4 i went on vacation last week. did u see it yet?

jm1602
03-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey Rudy,
I'd like to own that car but it needs a ton of work. Little piece of history that needs a good home but I can't do it justice unfortunately. I think Richard will probably wind up with it. LOL.

Richard told me he bought Dennis' beater but I haven't seen it, another car with lots of potental but in need of some TLC.

I've decided to give up on all my vintage car projects and spend all my free time playing GT4 on the PS2 I just bought for my son. HAHAHA! stayed up way too late last night, crap am I tired right now. Can't think, need sleep, sleeeeep....

Lee
03-24-2005, 07:11 PM
BTW I am not sure this car is a Lux edition. Lux had wood laminated on the dash and doors. It may be a regular Ti, even though the motor doesn't seem to come from that car. It looks like a 2002 engine with its newer style coolant manifold, cam cover etc. Is it really a Ti? Have you checked the Vin? What about the struts and brakes. Are they to Ti spec? Just my 02 cents anyway.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49125