PDA

View Full Version : DJ Equipment for sale!

TheLoneVR!
03-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Sup gents I'm getting rid of my DJ apparel. I am selling a pair of AMerican DJ cd players with caring case and wiring, with headphones (Fostex). Also I am getting rid of an amp, Carver with 1200watts. ** amp has been fully rebuilt **.Have papers. Everything is in mint working condition. Players were professionally cleaned and touch pad buttons and sensors replaced last year.

Asking $ 1500 or best offer.

PM me with offers, will post Pics on monday!

TheLoneVR!
03-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Bring all offers guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FastM3
03-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Get those pics up please!
And what happened with the amp for it to rebuilt?

TheLoneVR!
03-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Get those pics up please!
And what happened with the amp for it to rebuilt?

After many years of use the speaker out were begining to crackle so i just decided to go and get the amp tuned and replace anything that needed to be replaced! Works like new! *th-up*

TheLoneVR!
03-14-2005, 01:04 PM
pics commin soon, my camera is alittle fuked
here is a link to the players

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29922&item=7306751308&rd=1

here is the amp ( 2 models older ) I will post the real pics asap!!! thanks

http://www.carverpro.com/zramps.html

TheLoneVR!
03-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Here are the pics....

TheLoneVR!
03-15-2005, 05:48 PM
OK $1200 .......or best offer!!!!!!

TheLoneVR!
03-16-2005, 04:42 PM
ok $1000.00 OR BEST OFFER!!!!!!!!

TheLoneVR!
03-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Anyone Have Offers???

M3speed
03-17-2005, 01:14 AM
$5 dolla

TheLoneVR!
03-17-2005, 06:15 PM
^^^ SOLD!! lol

TheLoneVR!
03-17-2005, 06:16 PM
not really, so if anyone is still interested let me know, EEEVVERRYY ONE EXCEPT M3speed!!!

punnzzells
03-17-2005, 06:20 PM
I dunno.... can't get into CD's.... it's just not the same as 12"s....

bump..

mike.

TheLoneVR!
03-17-2005, 06:27 PM
hahaha ya i know, i also play vinyl but cd's are alot easier to use than vinyl, when u do alot of different gigs everywhere, u need something that is versatile. but thanks for the bump, I am not selling my 1200's though, *no-no* lov'em to much *love*

thanks for the bump *th-up*

I dunno.... can't get into CD's.... it's just not the same as 12"s....

bump..

mike.

kontesto
03-17-2005, 07:53 PM
I find CDs harder in all honesty. I've been DJing for 4 years now, and I still feel the same about CDs being harder. You can see the track structure on vinyl, and jump from point A to point B a hell of a lot faster than you can w/ CDs.

KM

TheLoneVR!
03-17-2005, 08:06 PM
ya true when i hit the club gigs ( been off for over a year ) i use the vinyl alot more, But i started using cd's and when i went to vinyl I seriously ripped it up, holy crap I couldnt believe that the beat mixing was so much easier, I found and felt the beats alot faster and your right so easy to jump from A - B. But none the less, still fun to play with.

Bump
*th-up*
I find CDs harder in all honesty. I've been DJing for 4 years now, and I still feel the same about CDs being harder. You can see the track structure on vinyl, and jump from point A to point B a hell of a lot faster than you can w/ CDs.

KM

TheLoneVR!
03-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Ok $ 900.00............

TheLoneVR!
03-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Any Offers???????

M3speed
03-18-2005, 08:06 PM
free bump for my boy

///deni-boy///
03-18-2005, 08:34 PM
i always wanted to spin vinyl but its quite costy buying it, so i decided to get cd turntables, i still might get a turntable cuz some tracks arent released on cd.

TheLoneVR!
03-19-2005, 09:14 PM
oonnhhhhhh *sad* .... *shiner* i luv u man *shiner* :P :moon: !!!!!!
free bump for my boy

TheLoneVR!
03-19-2005, 09:15 PM
ya man vinyl is the shit, it is very costly though that is the truth, unless your full time into the gigs for get vinyl man to much $$$$ :huh?: :(
thanks for the interest guys
*th-up*

i always wanted to spin vinyl but its quite costy buying it, so i decided to get cd turntables, i still might get a turntable cuz some tracks arent released on cd.

touchofclass
03-19-2005, 09:31 PM
HOw much for the carver amp??

TheLoneVR!
03-19-2005, 09:48 PM
make me an offer!
i paid 1800 for it when i bought it and it is like new now...500 or best offer, how is that ?

touchofclass
03-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Wanna trade for a PIII 600 IBM Thinkpad laptop with 30gig harddrive and 256mb ram including DVD??

TheLoneVR!
03-19-2005, 10:59 PM
hey u no wat i might, send me a pic to my email....
u've been pm'd

Wanna trade for a PIII 600 IBM Thinkpad laptop with 30gig harddrive and 256mb ram including DVD??

TheLoneVR!
03-20-2005, 07:32 PM
will consider selling piece by piece!!!!! :)

TheLoneVR!
03-23-2005, 03:48 PM
$850 .......price Drop!!!! Must Sell!!!!!!!!

1BADRIDE
03-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Dude, you would probably have MUCH more luck posting in the TRI AD or BUY & SELL.

Good luck free bump.

TheLoneVR!
03-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks I think I will try that!.
Thanks for the bump
*th-up*

Dude, you would probably have MUCH more luck posting in the TRI AD or BUY & SELL.

Good luck free bump.

M3speed
03-26-2005, 06:31 PM
hey man any luck with your shit?? is it all in working order? any problems? I might be interested in picking them up..... :cool:

///deni-boy///
03-26-2005, 07:47 PM
try classifieds on tranceaddict.com

TheLoneVR!
03-26-2005, 08:21 PM
k man thanks!!!

punnzzells
04-16-2005, 04:30 AM

ya, and some things are not released on vinyl .... but, when I was at the Winter Music conference in Miami last month, there were a lot of bigger name Dj's incorporating CD's into their playing.....

I am opening up a vinyl factory... :D

Sold yet?

kontesto
04-16-2005, 12:38 PM
I've been DJing for almost 4 years now and I'm starting to see a huge trend towards using predominately CDs or even DVDs. Pioneer has released a new DVD-System which is 3,000US per side, and plays DVDs like Vinyl.

For those of you who know Benny Benassi, he was in London a few weeks ago, and he was incorporating CDs into his set using a Pioneer CDJ-1000. Evidently according to a first hand source, a majority of his set was CD based.

The general concensus is that "Vinyl is the real-way to DJ", but its just not practical anymore. Its next to impossible to carry the same amount of Vinyl as you would CD. Technology has evolved to the point where you can do everything with CDs that you can with Vinyl. From a business perspective you can save money using CDs, which will translate into more profit. Your audience just wants to hear you, they don't care how you're playing.

Stay tuned to the market. I demoed a new system called Digi-CON, which uses a set of MP3s on a hard drive to DJ with. I think thats a bit extreme because it allows for the illegal DJs, who just download music to compete in this market. Those of you who are licensed will know what I mean when it comes to forking out CD costs, and AVLA licensing fees.

Regards,

KM

punnzzells
04-17-2005, 01:55 AM
Those of you who are licensed will know what I mean when it comes to forking out CD costs, and AVLA licensing fees.

Regards,

KM

Licensed? Mobile DJ are you? Cuz if you are a mobile guy or a wedding guy, you are not a DJ... sorry! IMO!

kontesto
04-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Just to play devil's advocate: How are you not a DJ if you target mobile or weddings? Define what a DJ is then.

KM

TheLoneVR!
04-19-2005, 09:03 PM
that is a real stupid opinion, bc the job is the same but the music may be different, I've been DJing for over 7 years and I have done it all from weddings to clubs..so your opinion is not at all justified !

///deni-boy///
04-19-2005, 11:42 PM
man there are bedroom djs that never played a real gig in their life that are better than wedding djs and djs at some of these clubs, a dj is a dj, now you can form your own opinion on which one u like more.

I was at UltraSpin 7 at guv this past weekend and i saw djs using laptops, its not uncommon anymore, more and more djs are using programs like ableton live and final scratch to connect their laptop to the turntable. I was also watching ferry corsten spinning that night and i didnt see him touch a single vinyl, all i saw him use was cd's.

punnzzells
04-20-2005, 02:40 AM
that is a real stupid opinion, bc the job is the same but the music may be different, I've been DJing for over 7 years and I have done it all from weddings to clubs..so your opinion is not at all justified !

You are right, it is an opinion.... and I am sorry.... mobile DJ's, wedding , dances, are not DJ's... sorry. IMO.

RickN
04-20-2005, 02:12 PM
That is an interesting opinion. Non-club DJing may not be cool, but it's where the big money is.

Most club DJ's make squat compared to what you can get for doing a wedding or large school dance etc...

I DJed for over 15 years, everything from school dances to strip clubs to large clubs. It takes as much skill, if not more, to be a competent DJ at large high profile gigs like a Christmas party for TSN where there are 2,000 people, 3 video screens, trusses full of lighting and an audience aged 18 to 80. Not only do you need to know a wide range of music you need to know how to set up all the equipment.

In a club you just show up and spin the latest and greatest and as long as you can beatmix you are fine.

///deni-boy///
04-20-2005, 06:00 PM
beatmatching is a big part in djing and some of the "best" djs arent consistent with their beatmatching. I dont think djs that do weddings/dances do this beatmatching and if they do its a very poor attempt and i think thats why punnzzells doesnt call them real djs. When i was in montreal for new years i noticed that there was some good djs there, they beatmatched very well and had a really good flow, i was so surprised how well the hip hop was flowing.

kontesto
04-21-2005, 02:11 AM
You are right, it is an opinion.... and I am sorry.... mobile DJ's, wedding , dances, are not DJ's... sorry. IMO.

Please explain how they are not DJs.

I've DJed for enough of a time to know that irrespective of venue your task is almost the same. Granted there is less emphasis on perfect mixing at a wedding, but at the same time you need to maintain some flow. My parents have gone to weddings and new year's parties and come home saying wow the music was so up and down, it was horrible.

Regardless of venue you need to adapt to the crowd's likes and dislikes, and be on the ball with your music knowledge to determine a suitable track to play next.

KM

RickN
04-21-2005, 02:45 PM
beatmatching is a big part in djing and some of the "best" djs arent consistent with their beatmatching. I dont think djs that do weddings/dances do this beatmatching and if they do its a very poor attempt and i think thats why punnzzells doesnt call them real djs. When i was in montreal for new years i noticed that there was some good djs there, they beatmatched very well and had a really good flow, i was so surprised how well the hip hop was flowing.

Another free bump :)

There are just as many club DJ's who can't mix worth crap as there are wedding DJs who can't. Any decent DJ, no matter where they work, should be able to beatmix in their sleep with CDs or vinyl.

I would agree that a DJ who can't mix is a total n00b and can not be considered a pro. But mixing alone is maybe 25% of the job.

TheLoneVR!
04-21-2005, 07:26 PM
yup u nailed it on the head....i have been offered 1000 for 2 nights at a club last year and these guys loved my style and ability, i came in as a last min replacement and I got that place jumping more than ever before..so i was told...and i turned it down, Y u ask...well i can make atleast double dat doing a wedding and if its a large expensive wedding..i can make 5X that amount, not to brag but I am a good DJ and I love the clubs WAY MORE than weddings.

So it may not be coolbut it is Financially great!

That is an interesting opinion. Non-club DJing may not be cool, but it's where the big money is.

Most club DJ's make squat compared to what you can get for doing a wedding or large school dance etc...

I DJed for over 15 years, everything from school dances to strip clubs to large clubs. It takes as much skill, if not more, to be a competent DJ at large high profile gigs like a Christmas party for TSN where there are 2,000 people, 3 video screens, trusses full of lighting and an audience aged 18 to 80. Not only do you need to know a wide range of music you need to know how to set up all the equipment.

In a club you just show up and spin the latest and greatest and as long as you can beatmix you are fine.

TheLoneVR!
04-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Man i can Beat"Mix" any ****ing song in the same catagory of music and even some that arent. I practiced my beatmixing since i was 15 years old. Not all wedding guys can beatmix, but dont underestimate the other guys whoh can. Marky D started doing anniversaries and weddings and he is a good beatmixer. And many other guys.....the attitude you guys have about this is solely based on wat u see as a stereotype, I can beat mix very well with 13 year old denons that the pitch control is all worn to shit :cool:

///deni-boy///
04-21-2005, 10:47 PM
well my opinion is obviously from my own experience, lol, i wouldnt say anything if i never experienced it. A LOT of the djs at clubs i have been to are a joke, i dunno if anyone actually listens to the mixing or notices whats going on, most people dont even care, lol.

punnzzells
04-22-2005, 12:16 AM

Try playing for 3, 000 - 5, 000 club kids.... ya, there are there to hear a certain genre of music...but, you make a mistake and your career is over. I just think that playing top 40 and some old wedding party songs is just useless... and you can make waaaaaaay more $$ dj'ing club gigs! Plus, you do have to do some set up , depending on the party.

*th-up*

kontesto
04-22-2005, 01:22 AM
well my opinion is obviously from my own experience, lol, i wouldnt say anything if i never experienced it. A LOT of the djs at clubs i have been to are a joke, i dunno if anyone actually listens to the mixing or notices whats going on, most people dont even care, lol.
It's so true, most people at clubs are too drunk to realize that the mixing sounds like shit.

Try playing for 3, 000 - 5, 000 club kids.... ya, there are there to hear a certain genre of music...but, you make a mistake and your career is over. I just think that playing top 40 and some old wedding party songs is just useless... and you can make waaaaaaay more $$ dj'ing club gigs! Plus, you do have to do some set up , depending on the party.

*th-up*

I don't know about that, most club offers i've seen arent more than 750. Weddings can be in the thousands, so can some school dances.

KM

TheLoneVR!
04-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Weddings are much more advantagious in the money aspects...the only way you can make 1000 -2000 a night is if your a world reenound DJ, and btw goodluck.

It's so true, most people at clubs are too drunk to realize that the mixing sounds like shit.

I don't know about that, most club offers i've seen arent more than 750. Weddings can be in the thousands, so can some school dances.

KM

///deni-boy///
04-22-2005, 07:47 PM
meh, even the big guys make mistakes, lol, Ferry Corsten screwed up many times during his set at ultra spin 7, thats what happens when you get drunk while behind the tables. Some of the djs out there make rediculous amounts per night, Paul Van Dyk and Tiesto both made over 40g's in one night and i'm sure there are plenty more like them.

TheLoneVR!
04-22-2005, 11:21 PM
ya man world renound... those guys go all over and get paid for everything....hotel food, cars ..and lots of absolutely free PUSSY :P :P :P *shiner* *mw* *par-t*
meh, even the big guys make mistakes, lol, Ferry Corsten screwed up many times during his set at ultra spin 7, thats what happens when you get drunk while behind the tables. Some of the djs out there make rediculous amounts per night, Paul Van Dyk and Tiesto both made over 40g's in one night and i'm sure there are plenty more like them.

kontesto
04-23-2005, 01:23 AM
Yea my buddy DJ Kontesto made 40g one night and had 10 gorgeous women at his beck and call. Lucky guy he is

KM

TheLoneVR!
04-23-2005, 08:40 PM
^^^ shit man that is a great pay for one night.....I personally think that the women are to distracting..lol...slurp slurp....lol