PDA

View Full Version : help me!!!

hoboken528e
03-11-2005, 05:46 PM
I just bought a 1988, 528e and it worked fine for a while. Now the temp gauge shows me that its getting hot. Had a new radiator when I bought it, I put in a new thermostat, the fans work fine. Now here is the deal. After it warms up to mid point and I put on the lights the gauge goes towrads red, turn the light off, gauge back to normal, same when I use the heat. Also even without that it starts to show hot, when I don't think it really is, If it gets into the red zone the car starts to sputter and I turn itr off. As soon as I turn it on again within 5 seconds the gauge is back in the middle. Is this electrical??? or what.
Please email me direct at orders@fullhouseprinting.com if you have any suggestions or if has happened to you.
Thanks
Larry

Bliss
03-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Hmm, well obviously the lights have nothing to do with the temperature of the motor, so if you are sure that this happens only when u turn your lights on/off, then my guess would be electrical. However, if it's not related and you are sure the thermostat, rad, and all the hoses aren't faulty, then maybe your waterpump?

97M3/4
03-11-2005, 09:04 PM
I was going to say water pump as well.......