PDA

View Full Version : lowering 330xi

Derek330xi
01-13-2002, 02:01 PM
i took some pics of my car yesterday at commerce gate but have trouble uploading it to the computer. i'll post them as soon as i find out the problem. anyways, i am thinking about lowering my car just by getting new springs. will it void the warannty on the shocks or other parts? and what springs should i get and where to get it and get it installed??? thanks

Bliss
01-13-2002, 02:32 PM
well the springs i have are the H&R race and im pretty happy with them except that i owuld like the rear to sit a little lower. I saw an E46 with Eibachs though, and that thing was slammed. So its up to you. I would just save up and get coilovers. Anyways, warranty will be voided on the struts and the suspension components, but my dealer told me to just put on the old springs if i geta huge problem so they wont know. I installed mine myself but i think BC auto does them for cheap. well, hope it helps.

cyc
01-13-2002, 04:30 PM
Congrats! I bet u'r enjoying the car over the weekend.
I've H&R race just as Bliss does and I'm satisified with the front drop but i hope the drop in the rear can go a little bit lower.
My plan is once my shocks die I'll go for coilovers... probably some PSS9 *th-up*
I know both Kennedy Hifi and Hi-tech can get H&R race + installation for $700-750. Check around for the lowest price. One thing to keep in mind is springs for the Xi r probably different from the regular E46 ones, so make sure the shop is getting the right model for u. FYI, regular E46 H&R race: pn#29484.

Derek330xi
01-13-2002, 05:39 PM
thanks for the info guys, i don't think i am going to lower it anymore, $800 is too expensive. i thought it would be much cheaper. i am alreayd satisfied with the performace of the factory suspension and don't want to spend $800 just for the look.

Bliss
01-13-2002, 05:43 PM
I'm sure you can find it for 500 with installation.

cyc
01-13-2002, 06:12 PM
Get the springs from the states for $2xx USD and install them urself. Ask Bliss for help if u get stucked during installation :D

Derek330xi
01-13-2002, 06:13 PM
i think bc auto design has it for less than 400 but i think they will give me crappy springs and not sure if they would do a good job.

Bliss
01-13-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by cyc
Get the springs from the states for $2xx USD and install them urself. Ask Bliss for help if u get stucked during installation :D

haha, thanks cyc. tell the whole world to come to me. lol! j/k:D

M52_Alpina
01-13-2002, 06:40 PM
don't get it from BC auto design...they never do alignment after installing springs.. Like cyc said, install it yourself.. it is pretty easy..

i don't think H&R race nor Eibach would give 330Xi a nice slammed look.. your best bet is to save up for coilovers...

Bliss
01-13-2002, 06:40 PM
Yeah just tell Bell Chan to get you eibachs. or like cyc says, get them from the states and let bc install them for 100.

Derek330xi
01-13-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Bliss
Yeah just tell Bell Chan to get you eibachs. or like cyc says, get them from the states and let bc install them for 100.

but everyone say not to go to bc auto. i don't really know since i never had anything installed there but i don't really have any confidence in them. is it really true that bc auto sucks or people is just saying that? anyone have any experence with them?

cyc
01-13-2002, 06:53 PM
haha, thanks cyc. tell the whole world to come to me. lol! j/k

haha, i just did! j/k man...

but seriously, the Xi sits a little bit too high for my taste...
like M52_Aplina said, saving up for some coilovers should be the best solution since changing the springs might not be enough for getting rid of the wheel gap on the Xi.

Derek330xi
01-13-2002, 06:59 PM
but coilovers are too expensive. the XI is a little high, but i thought think is not at a point that makes the car look ugly. don't want to spend over $1000 just to make the car look a little better.

Bliss
01-13-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by BMW330xi

but everyone say not to go to bc auto. i don't really know since i never had anything installed there but i don't really have any confidence in them. is it really true that bc auto sucks or people is just saying that? anyone have any experence with them?
I had my eibachs installed there a few years ago on my e36 and didnt have one problem. Can't say more, because thats all i had done.

cyc
01-13-2002, 07:04 PM

I don't have any experience dealing with BC auto but I heard quite a few stories about them ripping ppl off. *no-no*
Here's one of the stories http://www.tt-cc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=531&forum=1&0
So... becareful ;)

Bliss
01-13-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by cyc

I don't have any experience dealing with BC auto but I heard quite a few stories about them ripping ppl off. *no-no*
Here's one of the stories http://www.tt-cc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=531&forum=1&0
So... becareful ;)
hmmm, that sounds pretty bad.:mad:

M52_Alpina
01-13-2002, 07:25 PM
i deal with BC auto design before, bad customer service, extremely bad after-sale customer service.. ripping off people with low quality Taiwan rims that doesn't fit...

well, getting coilovers is not just for looks.. there is actual performance improvements that you can feel.. very solid but not harsh ride, much much less roll when going through corners.. and corner-weighting your car, etc..

best of all, you can return to stock height during Winter and slam it during Summer..

Derek330xi
01-13-2002, 07:25 PM
yea :mad: i was thinking about getting a m3 replica bumper from them, lucky i didn't

Bliss
01-13-2002, 07:28 PM
I wouldnt get their M3 bumpers or any of their body kits for that matter. Its really cheap quality.

M52_Alpina
01-13-2002, 07:30 PM
NEVER buy replicas from BC.. it just doesn't fit without serious modifications to your car OR the bodykit itself (don't ask me how i knew).. i am pretty sure you don't want to mess with your new 330xi..

Derek330xi
01-13-2002, 07:54 PM
thanks alot guys hehehe *th-up* i luv this borad*love* can't imagine how my car would be like now without u guys hehehe