PDA

View Full Version : How much for a full body paint reblemish?

prynce_qt
03-05-2005, 12:27 PM
I have a few scratches on the car and a few chips of paint and such on the car. I swear when I bought this car it wasn't like that but bringing it to these shops i find more and more things not to great. I think these shops are the cause of these things. But anyways I want a full car reblemish of the paint wherever it's scratched, chipped or anything so the paint looks good again. How much would that run me? And where do you recommend to get it done?

On the side, I was quote $150 to have the skirt and bumpers painted to matching colors, i thought that was a pretty good offer. Any suggestions here too?

3SERB
03-05-2005, 01:44 PM
I always recommend the same place for this kinda stuff....AutoBahn, they have a Swirl n Sratch removal package, for $175, you get, hand washing, 2stage buffing, paint cleasning,hand waxing,and rim and tire detailing. Their number is 739-0001

bmnorm
03-05-2005, 02:56 PM
I have a few scratches on the car and a few chips of paint and such on the car. I swear when I bought this car it wasn't like that but bringing it to these shops i find more and more things not to great. I think these shops are the cause of these things. But anyways I want a full car reblemish of the paint wherever it's scratched, chipped or anything so the paint looks good again. How much would that run me? And where do you recommend to get it done?

On the side, I was quote $150 to have the skirt and bumpers painted to matching colors, i thought that was a pretty good offer. Any suggestions here too?

Where did you get the quote for $150, to get your skirts painted?
Can I have their number, that is a pretty good price

prynce_qt
03-05-2005, 08:08 PM
I always recommend the same place for this kinda stuff....AutoBahn, they have a Swirl n Sratch removal package, for $175, you get, hand washing, 2stage buffing, paint cleasning,hand waxing,and rim and tire detailing. Their number is 739-0001

I don't need a cleaning, just need to get rid of scratches and chips. You say their service removes scratches, how well are they at that? Will it be new looking or very very faint that is tolerable? But I'm not sure if they fill in chips and what about rock chips in the front, you can't just buff them out.

I forgot their number for the paint, its near finch/duff called ken's autobody or something but for sure ken. I'll see if i can find their number.

3SERB
03-06-2005, 02:51 PM
If you go there the guy will expain everything to you, he will tell u exactly which scratches can be fixed and which will be noticable. I had my front end fixed a few months ago, so it was repainted but within a matter of weeks the rock chips started happending...the best thing to do is get a paint stick and fill them your self