PDA

View Full Version : Philips D2s/d2r Hid Ballasts

djcontra
03-01-2005, 10:55 AM
http://www.xenondepot.com/images/product/PBLVQ212_lrg.gif

I'm selling a pair of Philips hid ballasts, good for any d2r or d2s xenon bulbs 4300k to 13000k. I bought these originally from someone who crashed their m3, so one of the ballasts has a dent in it as a result; it doesn't affect the function of the ballast however. I personally installed new cables which connect to the bulbs only because the originals were too short for anything practical. (I found it better to put my ballasts near the firewall instead of up front). Both come with industrial strength velcro kits to secure anywhere under the hood. There are no sockets on the ends of the cables, just two wires. Simply mate to the clip kit included with most rebased hid bulbs sold today.

$150 CDN, *firm*

Will trade for fuel pump w/o housing...

Autotechnica
03-01-2005, 11:33 AM
check pm please

T.Dot_E30
03-01-2005, 12:54 PM
are h3 bulbs avilable for these?

djcontra
03-01-2005, 01:06 PM
I actually just got a pair of 6000k h3 bulbs in the mail the other day. Cost me about $150.
I'm still waiting for my foglights to come in the mail so I can install them. (my new ellipsoid fogs take h3 bulbs instead of h1)

etam
03-01-2005, 04:59 PM
[img] I personally installed new cables which connect to the bulbs only because the originals were too short for anything practical.

sorry for OT.. would you mind to tell me how to do that? where do you buy the long cable for OEM bulb connector (big red/black one)?

thanks,

Ernest

djcontra
03-01-2005, 05:06 PM
i picked up the same type of wiring from active surplus downtown. I got about 2 meters worth since I plan to do my fogs too.

SebSter
03-01-2005, 05:55 PM
hmm, if i buy these, how much would the bulbs cost me? and would i need anything else?

i may be interested.

skperformance
03-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Those gen 3 ballsts are the best.OEM for cars 97-99 from germany
too bad you butchered teh ends and cut them off which is part of what would make them last long.

Try www.hidplanet.com for ideas and prices on replacment bulbs.
BTW you can't add more wiring than it came with without comprimising the reliability of the ballasts and bulbs

Autotechnica
03-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Those gen 3 ballsts are the best.OEM for cars 97-99 from germany
too bad you butchered teh ends and cut them off which is part of what would make them last long.

Try www.hidplanet.com for ideas and prices on replacment bulbs.
BTW you can't add more wiring than it came with without comprimising the reliability of the ballasts and bulbs

That's exactly what I was thinking. I PM'd him the exact same question.

djcontra
03-07-2005, 08:08 PM
I used the same grade of wire as used in the original and did not experience any problems igniting or after a 4 hour burn test. Saying you can't extend the length of the wiring is a fallacy because there are many many rebased kits being sold with even longer wiring that I used, and theirs is even thinner too.

Regardless, these ballasts are now **SOLD**
Thanks for looking! *wave*

Autotechnica
03-07-2005, 08:09 PM
I used the same grade of wire as used in the original and did not experience any problems igniting or after a 4 hour burn test. Saying you can't extend the length of the wiring is a fallacy because there are many many rebased kits being sold with even longer wiring that I used, and theirs is even thinner too.

Regardless, these ballasts are now **SOLD**
Thanks for looking! *wave*

errr I was waiting for you to get back to me with your phone #, you never did. I thought I said I was gonna take them?

djcontra
03-07-2005, 08:17 PM
errr I was waiting for you to get back to me with your phone #, you never did. I thought I said I was gonna take them?

A friend of the family really wanted them so I couldn't say no, sorry man.
I do have one last set, but I haven't finished with the wiring yet. They were originally being used for my father's Hummer H1 projector headlamp project I was making, but he's decided to think about selling the hummer so I stopped working on it. I'll post the ebay link when they're ready for sale.