PDA

View Full Version : Next Generation m3! ( i think this is real pics!)

AMG_POWER
02-28-2005, 01:50 PM
In 2006 BMW will kick it up a notch in the sports coupe market with the much anticipated next generation E90 M3. Both Coupe and Cabriolet models are planned with a new addition of a 4 door sedan not seen since the E36 platform.
The initial idea considered was a 4 door M3 saloon and a 2 door M4 coupe. But recently BMW has changed their minds and keep the legendary M3 coupe alive. Internal pressure from the BMW board was too great to kill it off. Therefore, the M3 coupe, M3 saloon and an M3 cabriolet in addition to an M4 coupe and a M4 cabriolet will be developed. Did you get all that?

The M3 coupe will feature a 6 Series like glasshouse with the possibility of a new distinct interior. The front will sport a new aggressive yet subtle bumper while the rear will display quad exhausts like the new M5. Power will come from a new lightweight V8 producing around 400hp and uses the latest dual-VANOS variable valve timing system. New engine building technology and lightweight materials mean the engine should amazingly weigh the same as the outgoing 3.2 liter in-line 6 cylinder from the current E46 M3 but with considerably more power.

The new M3 is slated to arrive in early 2006 with a 2005 Frankfurt debut and the cabriolet will have a Geneva 2006 debut with sales beginning in summer 2006. The SMG transmission will come standard and a CSL version of the coupe with excess of 420hp is being planned as well.

During early testing of the cabriolet version of the 4 series BMW experimented with both a normal canvas roof and a hard folding top but decided on the canvas due to weight savings and maintenance. The M4 Coupe and M4 Cabriolet will also feature the M3 V8 engine and should go on sale later. No further details are known. A concept for the regular 4 Series is slated for Frankfurt in September

http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos/6050228.001/6050228.001.1M.jpg

http://www.germancarfans.com/SpyPhotos/6050228.001/6050228.001.Mini1L.jpg

bmwm5lover
02-28-2005, 01:54 PM
They look like real pictures, and the car is ****ing hot.

johnoz
02-28-2005, 01:54 PM
4 door M3?

thinair
02-28-2005, 01:59 PM
4 door M3?

Remember e36's have M3/4's also. Sickfinga has one actually.

I think it doesn't look too bad, it's different anyway. That V8 is a nice touch, obviously it's going to be lighter though, the I6 was an iron block and all the V8's are aluminium. Plus the weight will be further behind the axle because the engine is shorter then the I6.

Paul540/m3
02-28-2005, 02:01 PM
People on Bimmerforums are saying that its a chop

AMG_POWER
02-28-2005, 02:02 PM
I think this is what it will look like, because previous m3 looked like m5, so the new M3 gonna look like m5 too....

ara325
02-28-2005, 02:45 PM
I think this is what it will look like, because previous m3 looked like m5, so the new M3 gonna look like m5 too....

dito! *th-up* ...it's prolly real...why wouldn't it be? It's been 5 years so time for a change.

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS........

price drop in earlier model M3's...e46/36...not sure if the e30 M3 price will be affected...the prices on those platforms have been pretty steady over the years...NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Quack
02-28-2005, 02:51 PM
still not digging the rear lights

TiemenT
02-28-2005, 03:17 PM
really cheap to put the M5 front, mirrors and the ass on the new M3..

like the current E46 more..

Rampage
02-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Its a chop. I have those pictures from those originals from the BMW Press Club.

These are the orginals
http://qlink.queensu.ca/~4mr6/org1.jpg
http://qlink.queensu.ca/~4mr6/org2.jpg

BMWF1
02-28-2005, 03:53 PM
still not digging the rear lights

ditto, those have to go

328is_Perf
02-28-2005, 04:01 PM
um .. is it just me .. or is that thing UGLY

Polish
02-28-2005, 04:02 PM
it looks like a chop, i dunno, from work i cant zoom in but the back picture, the left tailpipe loos like its slanted to the right, just like the right tailpipe is, as if it was c&pasted... plus u cant really see the muffler in the back? i dunno its kinda dark but ud be able to see the double muffler on the left side just like the right

and if bmw was going to release the first pictures of the M3, im pretty sure it would be a 2 door... i think its a chop

328is_Perf
02-28-2005, 04:05 PM
right tailpipes are centered to the hole ... left ones arent

King Luis
02-28-2005, 04:09 PM
i'm calling it a chop also. .i don't think bmw will use the m5 front on the m3.
but it is a good chop.
the rear looks too cheap or economic for bmw. not the classy style they are used to putting out.

Rampage
02-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Sorry, didnt realise my pictures didnt work before, fixed that.

They are definitely chops

http://qlink.queensu.ca/~4mr6/org1.jpg
http://qlink.queensu.ca/~4mr6/org2.jpg

ChahalzBMR
02-28-2005, 04:40 PM
damn and I was getting happy that there will be a 4 door m3!

SkycityBMW
02-28-2005, 05:01 PM
damn and I was getting happy that there will be a 4 door m3!

there is gonna be one . . .In 2006 BMW will kick it up a notch in the sports coupe market with the much anticipated next generation E90 M3. Both Coupe and Cabriolet models are planned with a new addition of a 4 door sedan not seen since the E36 platform.

ROCKETMAN
02-28-2005, 09:28 PM
"Therefore, the M3 coupe, M3 saloon and an M3 cabriolet in addition to an M4 coupe and a M4 cabriolet will be developed."

So thats 5 model variants? Whats teh differance between the m4 coupe/m3 coupe, m4vert/m3vert?

Understated
02-28-2005, 09:35 PM
MMMMM clears

burtonownz
02-28-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm thinking that that's gross all over...even if it is a 'chop...

jeffrie
02-28-2005, 11:14 PM
I don't like.
If you ask me M3 used to stand for a Motorsports 3 series.
Light weight high reving go-cart.
They keep getting bigger and larger engines with more pistons and less room to work on. The easy way for H.P. (Lazy way IMO).
Screw what normal people want get back to the point!
The new C.E.O. of VW used to be the same C.E.O. of BMW.
And started work on a front engine rear wheel drive Corrado with 50/50 weight ditribution, sounds alot like an new e30. If that happens Screw BMW and their new models.... Damn Bangel guy.
Only my oppinion.

Raging Lamb
02-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Can't wait till the 07 M3 body kit comes out.

saix
02-28-2005, 11:22 PM
hotta then a nigga wearin 4 sweatas

tifosi
02-28-2005, 11:28 PM
I don't like.
If you ask me M3 used to stand for a Motorsports 3 series.
Light weight high reving go-cart.
They keep getting bigger and larger engines with more pistons and less room to work on. The easy way for H.P. (Lazy way IMO).
Screw what normal people want get back to the point!
The new C.E.O. of VW used to be the same C.E.O. of BMW.
And started work on a front engine rear wheel drive Corrado with 50/50 weight ditribution, sounds alot like an new e30. If that happens Screw BMW and their new models.... Damn Bangel guy.
Only my oppinion.

Bernd Pischetsrieder might came from BMW AG. but there's a reason the board of BMW released (fired) him. and it is believed to be mainly due to his decision for BMW to buy ROVER. BMW later had to get rid of ROVER becasue the company was very corrupted and was (and still is) losing a lot of money.

i am never a fan of Bernd Pischetsrieder. and i doubt VW AG will do anything spartacular in the near future under his supervision. i just hope the disasterous Bugatti Veryon won't be any indication of the future VW AG.

Raging Lamb
02-28-2005, 11:35 PM
WTF? Bernd Pischetsrieder got fired???

jeffrie
02-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Don't care for what his mistakes were or how to make money (Following the SUV craze *thmbsdwn* ). I want the car I want who ever makes it.
Bugatti Veryon didn't have anything to do with Bernd it's all AUDI.

tifosi
02-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Don't care for what his mistakes were or how to make money (Following the SUV craze *thmbsdwn* ). I want the car I want who ever makes it.
Bugatti Veryon didn't have anything to do with Bernd it's all AUDI.

Bugatti has nothing to do with Audi.

Bugatti is under VW AG. and Bernd Pischetsrieder is the president of VW AG.
i've read a review of him a while back. and appearntly the reason behind him buying ROVER was becasue he believe he can make ROVER like SKODA to VW. but....Skoda is hardly a very respectable and reputable car manufacture.

i guess it's just me. but i don't think he has an idea of how to preserve a brand's identity and heritage. as i see it, VW is slowly trying to burn all it's brands another VW of different price range. i mean, Bentley is going to build the new Flying Spur in Dresden Germany, instead of Crewe UK. that ought to say enough.

jeffrie
03-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Bugatti Veryon has been under development to as far back as 1999,
Bernd was only their in 2001 wasn't him.
Doubt it'll be a disaster it's specs are unreal but reliant on the same marketing Audi used for the Quattro pikes peak just after they withdrew from rally, cleared them from that 60 min thing about the 5000 turbo's.
Majority of people who have the coin for this are stupid (IMO) and buy becaus of what they here not what they know. Audi looks good on paper but when they get old their still worthless good cars, that cost a tonne to fix but preform as good as any BMW. Who makes $$$ on old cars not the manufacturers why should they care "loyalty", not with this kind of competition we see today. Bangle has now taken this route "Show" as opposed to function (again IMO from experience from both old and new Audi's & BMW's).
I Geuss I'm old school prefer to buy stuff I'll want then what everyone ealse wants, even though that's were the bling bling and $$$ is to be made. I prefer the original Idea then what's available. Fun toy's to play with not show off.

tifosi
03-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Bugatti Veryon has been under development to as far back as 1999,
Bernd was only their in 2001 wasn't him.
Doubt it'll be a disaster it's specs are unreal but reliant on the same marketing Audi used for the Quattro pikes peak just after they withdrew from rally, cleared them from that 60 min thing about the 5000 turbo's.
Majority of people who have the coin for this are stupid (IMO) and buy becaus of what they here not what they know. Audi looks good on paper but when they get old their still worthless good cars, that cost a tonne to fix but preform as good as any BMW. Who makes $$$ on old cars not the manufacturers why should they care "loyalty", not with this kind of competition we see today. Bangle has now taken this route "Show" as opposed to function (again IMO from experience from both old and new Audi's & BMW's).
I Geuss I'm old school prefer to buy stuff I'll want then what everyone ealse wants, even though that's were the bling bling and $$$ is to be made. I prefer the original Idea then what's available. Fun toy's to play with not show off.

the whole Veryon 16/4 (it is just call Veryon now) project started from Piech Ferdinand's day i admit. but it is mainly under Bernd Pischetsrieder's supervision. and they fired 3 Bugatti presidents over the past 4 years because Bugatti unable to keep the prmoise to deliver the car each time.

the engine spec might look impressive. but car's spec? i think not. with weight approaching 2 tone, this is hardly a supercar in traditional sense. if McLarenF1 is a ballet dancer, Bugatti Veryon is probably Pamela Anderson before her breast reduction.

and i don't really get your second part of the post. maybe you can clearify it a bit?
:)

jeffrie
03-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Lol 2 tonnes I agree, now you see what I see the M3 is turning into.
I used to have an Audi it was awsome, had everything my current BMW has and was 10 years older plus Quattro. However it was all starting to break. Not a problem but cost too much to create when new (so contracted out the parts to private parts dealers) Often the company were only in germany or no longer around. Creating a tonne of dealer only parts. Since they have to maintain for 10 yrs by law. And well were only desighned for a 10 year span of use so.... End up going to the dealership alot.
My current BMW E36 doesn't suffer from this most of it's components are similar to what they were already using in the past but better (Old tech made better minor upgrades no fixing what's not broken).
My Bro's A4 is worth about 10g's and has cost 5 g's in parts on it's 250k checkup.
Barly worth the $$ could only justify it by no rust and still runs great after (only the engine) now still needs to replace it's original suspension and regular weare & tear to the car itself, cost the $$$ of the car again and it's still an tank 4200 lbs. Never changed from it's past.
BMW I beleive has just taken the same route as Audi did in 1990, ever feel how thick the double sided galvanized steel is in a e46, nothing compared to the old e30's one sided which seems to be 3x's thicker and stiffer. Were is all it's weight come from in the e46? And starting to hear from friends that their new E46's are spending alot of time in the shop, then again I see that with everyone who has a new car regardless of the make.

felixthecat
03-01-2005, 01:07 AM
That is way ugly!!