PDA

View Full Version : 320i vs SIR

bart320i
08-23-2002, 12:47 AM
had some ricer pull up to me tonight in an SIR at Southdown and Erinmills. Why do they always try so hard to be noticed. Anyways we were side by side up till about 3th after I kicked it to 4th, budy started to trail behind. After he lost we met up at lakeshore and southdown and he wanted to go again. I declined since it's new clucth time soon. Then the ass**ho** started to follow me around. I stoped, he stoped too, I got out of my car and he left. Whats wrong people these days. IF YOU LOSE YOU LOSE THATS IT UNTIL NEXT TIME. I;m guessing he was stock cause I wouldn't beat him if he had moderates mods. I've raced other SIR's before and gotten spanked

Lil'Smoothie
08-23-2002, 01:21 AM
hah thats right show those ricers *uzi*

Gamite
08-23-2002, 01:27 AM
is it the new one or the older SIR?

bart320i
08-23-2002, 01:38 AM
sound like he had an intake

Slowered318
09-01-2002, 03:43 PM
I watched a Stock Integra smoke a souped up integra at the drag strip yesterday. It was pretty funny..

Souped up integra with huge rims -- 15.8
stock integra -- 15.1

ahahha silly rice boys

Lennon
09-01-2002, 08:09 PM
Its all in the driving I guess........

Gamite
09-02-2002, 05:42 AM
man, wheels do make a difference, my car is slower with my 18's. :(

projectm325
09-09-2002, 12:56 PM
SIR???? hmmmm neverheard of them. Prolly cuz they dont exsist. Man it seems like people who call themselves tuners always find a way to take riceing to a new low.

Also this is my first post so I would like to Introduce myself, My name is Rocky.

Gamite
09-09-2002, 02:57 PM
You probably dont know, but in Canada its a little messed up, your Si, is an SiR here, and our Si's are your EX's (or whatever the lower model is.

Dont ask me why, Honda's a lil screwy that way.

Jigga2g
09-24-2002, 10:27 PM
Sir...Si....Ex.....Ex-g...Lx AAAGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
All honda civics are shit boxes, the only civics that are good are the ones that are left at the side of the road.

tlaselva
09-24-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Jigga2g
Sir...Si....Ex.....Ex-g...Lx AAAGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
All honda civics are shit boxes, the only civics that are good are the ones that are left at the side of the road.

Actually, Honda's including Civics are nice cars, econo cars that is.
If your looking for good reliable transportation, at a budjet price, there's probably no better value for you money than a Civic.

Just have problems with kids in there Civics with an intake, 5"exhaust pipe, 6 lbs. worth of stickers, oh and let's not forget the wing on the back hatch that contradicts all reasons for having a wing in the first place, and think there driving hot rods. :rolleyes:
We all know that 99% of the rice cars are all show and no go.
I prefer cars that are no show, and all go! Like the Empowered Egg! *th-up*

1BADBMR
09-24-2002, 10:43 PM
What The "SI" really stands for: Slow Integera:D

Gamite
09-25-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva

Actually, Honda's including Civics are nice cars, econo cars that is.
If your looking for good reliable transportation, at a budjet price, there's probably no better value for you money than a Civic.

Seriously, sometimes I wish I had an econo car, I dont drive much during the week, about 3 times downtown on average/week and I drive up to markham once or twice, and I find myself paying $50 to fill the 80L tank every week. M30 engines are serious gas guzzlers.

tlaselva
09-25-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Gamite

Seriously, sometimes I wish I had an econo car, I dont drive much during the week, about 3 times downtown on average/week and I drive up to markham once or twice, and I find myself paying $50 to fill the 80L tank every week. M30 engines are serious gas guzzlers.

Gamite, you should seriously consider a Civic, or even a VW Golf.
They are both excellent everyday cars, and can be had at good monthly payments if you don't have the cash outright for it.
Just the money you save in gas would likely cover for 30 to 50% of the car, not to mention the hidden savings in keeping that fine automobile of yours out of the winter. Also, consider the decreased frequency of repairs & maintenance on your Bimmer which isn't cheap. You can even just insure the Civic in the winter, and the Bimmer in the summer.

It just brings me to tears to hear you drive that fine specimen of a car in the winter. :(

p.s. If you buy a Civic, don't you dare venture into Rice territory with it! *no-no*

Gamite
09-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Yea, the only reason why I dont have a beater is because I have my mom's and dad's car during the winter, my dad's usually in china so I have no problems, but there's a point at which he'll be home and unfortunately I will have no choice but to drive it through the snow. :(

My parents dont like the idea of me getting a beater because of this.

Jon@Bimmersport
09-25-2002, 04:41 PM
becuz of wat gamite? sinking money into the beater?

Autotechnica
09-26-2002, 10:05 PM
You guys should consider the VW TDI, the gas milage is amazing and the car has lots of pulling power. A great winter econo car.

Just about the only Honda I have respect for on the TRACK is the Type-R. Honda's are shit for city roads because they have no torque, and V-tec? oh man don't even get me started about that. They only kick in at around 5000-6000RPM. So you have to redline the fu*king thing constantly just to get power.

Its really funny when people that own civics have all these friggin V-tec stickers on their car thinking it makes them go faster. The V-tec in the Honda civic was designed to save gas, not to go faster. Either way Hondas are best suited for the wide open tracks and not city streets. I totally disagree that its a good winter car, its expensive and rusts up like a bit*h. I would go with a VW anyday.

Bryan

Mr seville
09-30-2002, 07:05 PM
i get golf tdi's to use sometimes on the weekends....the owner is a really good friend of my dads.... and those things are awsome the performance numbers don't do justice to the car. it doesn't sound like a diesel at all once your inside. i have respect for the engine it is great on the highway aswell. this upcoming weekend getting a mitsubishi montero sport to use*th-up* grandmothers moving.:huh?: i drove from my grandmothers house(down the street from bimmermafias place)back to mine about 6-7 times picking people up using the street all stop and go traffic. and i was only short an eigth of a tank. great fuel economy. it was a 2002 golf tdi gl 2dr. it's easy to tweak to cause it has the turbo. lets just put it this was it's way faster then the bargin bin cars over at streetkiaz.com:D

Lil'Smoothie
09-30-2002, 10:19 PM
My dad is looking at a new Golf TDI. He commutes from burlington to the airport so he needs an every day driver that gets good mileage. His buddy at work drives a TDI with a chip and muffler and he says its a peppy little thing

as for mileaga im gettin about 300 km's on a 60l tank of 94 octane now
beat that!

Mr seville
10-02-2002, 06:13 PM
on the tdi you get 750 miles till refill beet that!!!!! thats what it said in consumer reports the milage was 41mpg average.*th-up*

Autotechnica
10-02-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
My dad is looking at a new Golf TDI. He commutes from burlington to the airport so he needs an every day driver that gets good mileage. His buddy at work drives a TDI with a chip and muffler and he says its a peppy little thing

beat that!

Isn't that more than 15L/100? I get about 8-10L/100 on the highway.

Bryan

GimpZ3
10-03-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by MTRD
You guys should consider the VW TDI, the gas milage is amazing and the car has lots of pulling power. A great winter econo car.

Just about the only Honda I have respect for on the TRACK is the Type-R. Honda's are shit for city roads because they have no torque, and V-tec? oh man don't even get me started about that. They only kick in at around 5000-6000RPM. So you have to redline the fu*king thing constantly just to get power.

Its really funny when people that own civics have all these friggin V-tec stickers on their car thinking it makes them go faster. The V-tec in the Honda civic was designed to save gas, not to go faster. Either way Hondas are best suited for the wide open tracks and not city streets. I totally disagree that its a good winter car, its expensive and rusts up like a bit*h. I would go with a VW anyday.

Bryan

Hrmm...Bryan, you're the last person I'd think that would complain about low torque figures being a problem in the city! Case and point, your old 318...what's the torque on the M42, 138ft/lbs? Anyways, play with the gearing and you can work around the low torque numbers (as you did with the diff change). With shorter gears, you'll reach the powerband in a honda motor much easier...

Gamite
10-03-2002, 05:24 PM
beat that!

Holy crap, thats on your 325?!? Maybe you should get your compression checked.

Autotechnica
10-03-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Gamite

Holy crap, thats on your 325?!? Maybe you should get your compression checked.

Maybe his Dinan chip is screwing with his fuel mixture. Anyways, 300km per 60L tank is more gas than my father consumes in his 2001 4.7L V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Think about it, thats 20L/100km, I think you must have miscalculated.. Not even the 850 consumes that much gas.

Bryan

Autotechnica
10-03-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by GimpZ3

Hrmm...Bryan, you're the last person I'd think that would complain about low torque figures being a problem in the city! Case and point, your old 318...what's the torque on the M42, 138ft/lbs? Anyways, play with the gearing and you can work around the low torque numbers (as you did with the diff change). With shorter gears, you'll reach the powerband in a honda motor much easier...

The only problem with that is on Honda's the gearing is already quite short. Notice the high RPM's on the highway. If you add a shorter diff you will have to get Tony's car. 10,000RPM redline.. haha. Have you talked to him lately? We made a few runs on Markham bypass recently.. whoa was it ever fast. The damn thing was stripped to the bone and you can actually see right to the floor in the back, no seats, no nothing. The thing runs mid-high 12's now, about the best you can do for that Honda motor w/o going forced induction.

Bryan

Lil'Smoothie
10-03-2002, 07:07 PM
Yes im serious im getting this bad mileage. Its only been like this for a week or so. It's also stuutering sometimes and seeming to misfire, I dont know what the hell is wrong with it, im thinking of selling it

Gamite
10-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Yes im serious im getting this bad mileage. Its only been like this for a week or so. It's also stuutering sometimes and seeming to misfire, I dont know what the hell is wrong with it, im thinking of selling it

Have you tried taking the chip out? maybe O2 sensor?

Lil'Smoothie
10-03-2002, 09:07 PM
yuup gamite taking the chip out is gonna be the next thing, right now I have a custom chip in, not my dinan
im also gonna change the spark plugs