PDA

View Full Version : Dynastar Speed SF skis *cheap*

M3ti Compact
02-24-2005, 03:41 AM
Another thread reminded me I needed to get rid of my skis too.
Selling because I got new Dynastars.

These are ex-racing skis. I brought them to race on my high-school ski team. Top of the line "Speed" series race skis by Dynastar back in their day. This one has the clearcoat finish and front magnetic stabilizer unlike it's cheaper counterparts. Raced them 3 seasons. Made mistake of bringing them to Banff, Alberta and they came back DESTROYED. Banff is 50% snow, 50% rocks. Unless you stay on the bunny hills, RENT!

Anyways...ended up blowing the sidewalls on both skis, and gouging the bases really bad. Had them professionally repaired at Skiis and Biikes, they planed the base down and filled it with petex wax. On one ski, they ripped the sidewall out and filled it with epoxy. I used them one more season- the epoxy fix is cracked and the filler is getting a lil worn.

Bindings are still good- Marker M51 Limited with max DIN setting of 11.

If ur a beginner, art student, rail grinder, stunter, or planning a trip to Banff, this set is for you.

$20. That's $10 a ski!! Original purchase price was $700. Will consider trades for E36 parts or other junk you might think of.