PDA

View Full Version : Help with shocks and strut setup

Marven
02-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Hey Guys,
*sad* *sad* *sad*
I got a huge problem...I lowered my E34 with springs from BMA but it's chewing up my tires big time - it's even starting to rub with the stock 15" rims...I never changed the shocks though and I think that's where my problem is...I am going to check Bruno's site but can the others tell me what they have done and/or what set up they have used...

Thx
M.

MOTRONIX
02-13-2005, 10:07 PM
i take it you havent performed a 4 wheel alignment when the springs were installed? if not, get it done , thats the reason why you are chewing tires up. when the car is lowered you are going to increase negative camber, and thus cause the toe specs to go out to lunch. they have to be adjusted to spec or 'other' specs to improve tire wear. but unfortunatly only toe can be adjusted on the front only, if your car doesnt have bushing adjustment kits throughout the chassis. the car will drive a hell of alot better when its aligned :)

dave

Marven
02-22-2005, 02:13 PM
i take it you havent performed a 4 wheel alignment when the springs were installed? if not, get it done , thats the reason why you are chewing tires up. when the car is lowered you are going to increase negative camber, and thus cause the toe specs to go out to lunch. they have to be adjusted to spec or 'other' specs to improve tire wear. but unfortunatly only toe can be adjusted on the front only, if your car doesnt have bushing adjustment kits throughout the chassis. the car will drive a hell of alot better when its aligned :)

dave
Sorry I took so long to reply....I had an alignment done.....but it seemed like a cheap place - should I have it done again? Any recommendations that does it specically on lowered cars?

M.

MOTRONIX
02-26-2005, 09:49 AM
if its a reputable alignment shop, they should have the expereince on lowered cars. but if you would like a proper setup, let me know.

dave

Bruno
03-01-2005, 12:37 PM

dave

As stated, the alignment won't change much. Rotating tires often or adding camber adjustable bushings or screws at the back is the only solution.

Gamite
03-01-2005, 02:08 PM
stupid question, but what size tires are you running?