PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Rings - Without the price

Deep 3.2TL
02-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Hi Guys,

I thought I'd offer up my services here on the board.

I run my own business (on top of working for an IT Hardware company) as a diamond consultant. My father is a jeweller/watchmaker so this is how I got into the business. Today, my father concentrates on the watches and supplies side of the business and I handle all the diamond and jewellery products.

Basically, I'm ALOT cheaper than stores. Why? Because my business is operated from home. All of my clients have been thoroughly impressed and satisfied with my product. How do I know? Most of my sales today are referrals. A friend of mine posted my info on a Mazda board and I've done 3 or 4 folks rings from there.

To give you an example, I recently finished a ring that my client saw at Birks for $16,000. Granted Briks is very expensive and sells at appraised value, which no one in the industry does. He went to another jeweller and asked for an esimate. He got a price of $10,000. I did the same ring for him for $6,500 all in, no extra's. The ring was a 0.96 Carat VS2 F colour, Good Cut stone. The ring appraised for $15,800. Spec for spec, it was the same ring as the Birks ring, even in design.

All in all, if anyone needs engagement rings, wedding rings, or other diamond and gold work, please contact me as there will be a special price for MaxBimmer chums. I have referrals that you can speak to to see the satisfaction levels of my clients. I have yet (in the 4 years I have been doing this) to have one unsatisfied client.

So there you go - If you need something like this, PM me and I'll send you my contact info.

Thanks,

Deep

AMG_POWER
02-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi Guys,

I run my own business (on top of working for an IT Hardware company) as a diamond consultant. My father is a jeweller/watchmaker so this is how I got into the business. Today, my father concentrates on the watches and supplies side of the business and I handle all the diamond and jewellery products.

Basically, I'm ALOT cheaper than stores. Why? Because my business is operated from home. All of my clients have been thoroughly impressed and satisfied with my product. How do I know? Most of my sales today are referrals. A friend of mine posted my info on a Mazda board and I've done 3 or 4 folks rings from there.

To give you an example, I recently finished a ring that my client saw at Birks for $16,000. Granted Briks is very expensive and sells at appraised value, which no one in the industry does. He went to another jeweller and asked for an esimate. He got a price of $10,000. I did the same ring for him for $6,500 all in, no extra's. The ring was a 0.96 Carat VS2 F colour, Good Cut stone. The ring appraised for $15,800. Spec for spec, it was the same ring as the Birks ring, even in design.

All in all, if anyone needs engagement rings, wedding rings, or other diamond and gold work, please contact me as there will be a special price for MaxBimmer chums. I have referrals that you can speak to to see the satisfaction levels of my clients. I have yet (in the 4 years I have been doing this) to have one unsatisfied client.

So there you go - If you need something like this, PM me and I'll send you my contact info.

Thanks,

Deep

You know what, pm me a price for a dimond 1.5 karat... Maybe i'll beintrested if the price i right!

Trit
02-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Does it have to be gold?

M-ATTACK
02-08-2005, 12:52 AM
pm me a ball park figure for a 1,5 carat in white gold

BMWF1
02-08-2005, 01:08 AM
Randy you gonna be PM'ing this guy anytime soon :D

ibew595
02-08-2005, 01:11 AM
You guys better specify the color and the quality. Depending on both there is a large variation in price.
Color ranges from D=colorless,E,F,G,H.......=Yellow
Quality ranges from flawless to industrial, narrow it down for the guy.

Betray
02-08-2005, 01:24 AM
im actully intrested in a Blue treated diamond.. can you get this?

punnzzells
02-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Deep

Price me out the following please...

.75 carat
D - colour
si 1 or si 2
cut excellent = round

1.00 carat
d - Colour
vs1 or Vs2
cut good = round

In both quotes I want price of stone only... I want to know if these diamonds come with papers too.

thanks

Antz_Marchin
02-08-2005, 02:18 AM
Can you do Canadian Diamonds with papers??

ibew595
02-08-2005, 03:26 AM

.75 carat
D - colour
si 1 or si 2
cut excellent = round

1.00 carat
d - Colour
vs1 or Vs2
cut good = round

In both quotes I want price of stone only... I want to know if these diamonds come with papers too.

thanks
Just a statement, if you are going to get a 1.0 carat stone pay the extra to get a 1.+ carat stone. If it ever needs work on the stone you have leeway on the weight. Stone prices I believe change alot from <1.carat to >1. carat. So if you have a 1.0 and lose .1 then you are screwed.
My.$.02

windsor318is
02-08-2005, 05:27 AM
your fathers a jeweller... in toronto.... what are the chances that hes armenian???LOL

punnzzells
02-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Just a statement, if you are going to get a 1.0 carat stone pay the extra to get a 1.+ carat stone. If it ever needs work on the stone you have leeway on the weight. Stone prices I believe change alot from <1.carat to >1. carat. So if you have a 1.0 and lose .1 then you are screwed.
My.$.02

Ya...I know, but I wanted to see what was recommended by our seller... *th-up*

thanks for lookin' out though.. *wiggle*

Betray
02-08-2005, 11:45 AM
your fathers a jeweller... in toronto.... what are the chances that hes armenian???LOL

lol my real father is a jewler in glendale..

bostonwhaler1
02-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Just as a bit of an OT, but can you get good prices on watches too? I may be in the market. If you can, wanna give me an idea of what makes are available?

Thanks.

greekthang
02-08-2005, 02:34 PM
PM sent !

Deep 3.2TL
02-08-2005, 07:21 PM

Actually - We are East Indian... Close enough though! :D

Deep

Deep 3.2TL
02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
My.$.02

that's rarely a problem. In fact, if getting that "magical" 1.0 number isn't important to you, I always suggest 0.95 approx. This is because the price of stones jump up quite quickly as you get closer to the 1.0 mark. with 0.95 you can get a nice stone, looks exactly like a 1.0 (you will NOT tell the difference in size, it's like the size of a piece of hair!) and get excellent value.

Deep

Deep 3.2TL
02-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Just as a bit of an OT, but can you get good prices on watches too? I may be in the market. If you can, wanna give me an idea of what makes are available?

Thanks.

Yup... Mostly Tissot, Swatch (no a big fan of myself) and some others. I suggest Tissot. Excellent company, nice designs and well made watches. Reasonanly priced too... I have a Tissot myself.

www.tissot.ch

Deep

Deep 3.2TL
02-08-2005, 07:28 PM
WOW - Didn't think I'd get this kind of response!

Ok guys - everyone who PM'd me, I'll be getting back to you ASAP. Within the next day or so with replies and my contact info.

Also - If you could include your contact info as sometimes I have questions regarding exactly what you are looking for etc. It would be easier then PMing back and forth.

There were a couple of requests for pricing on the messages here - I'll send PM's back to those folks as well.

I didn't think there were that many folks who wanted/needed jewellery here!

Deep

Antz_Marchin
02-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Any Canadian Mined Diamonds?? From NWT or BC (rockies) ??

WhadUpp
02-08-2005, 10:16 PM
good question, what about Canadian diamonds do you have those

mirek
02-08-2005, 10:18 PM
good question, what about Canadian diamonds do you have those

don't like blood diamonds? :huh?:

WhadUpp
02-08-2005, 10:20 PM
I like homegrown

Deep 3.2TL
02-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Any Canadian Mined Diamonds?? From NWT or BC (rockies) ??

I always find this question intriguing...

Why are you looking for Canadian Diamonds? Most times I've found it's because someone has told you that this is the way to go and for some reason they have told you that they are better stones.

Do you know there is no visual difference? Do you know there is no change in light refraction? Do you know that they are higher priced simply because the Canadian Government has fee's attached to these stones?

Canadian stones - yes I can get them if need be. Do I recommend them? No, not unless you want to spend money unneccessarily. All my stones come certified by a one of the large, world wide companies. GIA, HRD, IGI, EGL, CDL, GS one of these.

Deep

Deep 3.2TL
02-08-2005, 11:44 PM
don't like blood diamonds? :huh?:

All my stones are

1. Russian
2. Middle Eastern
3. Indian

None are from Africa. We are part of the Canadian Diamond Code of Conduct. This is a voluntary organization that the industry has created to help fight blood diamonds.

Deep

jeremy
02-09-2005, 12:03 AM
how does the clarity range work again ?

Deep 3.2TL
02-09-2005, 12:17 AM
how does the clarity range work again ?

FL - Flawless - Top range - Very rare and very expensive
VVS1 and VVS2 - Very Very Slightly Included - Flaws are invisible to naked eye, need a minimum of 10x magnification, usually more
VS1 and VS2 - Very Slightly Included - Flaws are still invisible to the naked eye, need 10x magnification to view the flaw. Most economical, choice to excellent value and clarity
SI1 and SI2 - Slightly included. Flaws won't visible to naked eye. SI2 maybe possible to see the flaws under optimal conditions. Need less than 10x magnification to see the flaw. Good choice for the economical diamond. a solid SI1 stone will not have flaws visible to the naked eye.
I1 and I2 - Included. You can see the flaw without magnification and looks like crap! cracks inside the stone, etc.

I NEVER sell stones below SI1. I don't believe in selling garbage like People's and some other "discount" stores. I don't want my product, which is my reputation, to show badly.

Thanks,

Deep

jeremy
02-09-2005, 12:22 AM
1 carat
princess cut
gold band
vvs1 and vsi (if you don't mind)
d=colorless

thx

ibew595
02-09-2005, 04:15 AM
that's rarely a problem. In fact, if getting that "magical" 1.0 number isn't important to you, I always suggest 0.95 approx. This is because the price of stones jump up quite quickly as you get closer to the 1.0 mark. with 0.95 you can get a nice stone, looks exactly like a 1.0 (you will NOT tell the difference in size, it's like the size of a piece of hair!) and get excellent value.

Deep
Deep, my wife could tell
*mumble*
I like my Tissot titainium.

windsor318is
02-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Actually - We are East Indian... Close enough though! :D

Deep

HA ya right....

Deep 3.2TL
02-09-2005, 07:41 PM
You know what, pm me a price for a dimond 1.5 karat... Maybe i'll beintrested if the price i right!

That's really hard to say, I need more info.

BUT

Prices would start around $8,000 like this one
1.50ct ASCHERS H SI1 Good $8,177 GS
and go to
1.51ct Round F SI1 Very Good $13,423 HRD

And that's not even a high end stone!

Note: Add $200 for the ring itself.

Deep

Deep 3.2TL
02-09-2005, 07:43 PM
pm me a ball park figure for a 1,5 carat in white gold

See the post about the other 1.5 CT stone.

Please note: You must at $200 for the ring itself, plus any stones you might have in the ring apart from the center stone.

Deep

Deep 3.2TL
02-09-2005, 07:45 PM
im actully intrested in a Blue treated diamond.. can you get this?

I wouldn't actually suggest it. Here's why:

Everyone in the free world knows that J.Lo got a Pink Diamond, right? If you didn't know and you saw a blue stone on someone's hand, what would you think? Most people would think that it's a sapphire. Not only have you just wasted your money on a blue treated stone, now people think you picked up a sapphire and not a diamond...

But I can get them if you want them.

Deep

Deep 3.2TL
02-09-2005, 07:51 PM

.75 carat
D - colour
si 1 or si 2
cut excellent = round

1.00 carat
d - Colour
vs1 or Vs2
cut good = round

thanks

All stones come with 2 certificates. One from one if the worldwide grading companies, the other from a regional gemologist who will certify the value.

For the first ring
Don't have one in D colour, but F is visually the same.
0.77ct Round F SI1 Ideal $3,735 Plus $200 for the ring

For the second ring
Again, didn't have a D available
1.00ct Round E VS2 Good $8,165 plus $200 for the ring.

Thanks,

Deep

Deep 3.2TL
02-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Deep, my wife could tell
*mumble*
I like my Tissot titainium.

No way! The size difference is not enough for the human eye to see! Unless she has a bionic eye, she was putting you on! :D

Deep

Deep 3.2TL
02-09-2005, 07:58 PM
1 carat
princess cut
gold band
vvs1 and vsi (if you don't mind)
d=colorless

thx

Add $200 to any of these for the band

1.02ct Princess E VS1 Good $6,803 GS
1.01ct Princess F VS2 Good $6,168 GS
1.01ct Princess E VS2 Good $6,712 GS

1.01ct Princess F VVS2 Good $7,294 GS
1.00ct Princess F VVS2 Good $7,194 GS
0.96ct Princess F VVS2 Good $5,945 GS

I would actually recommend the 0.96 CT princess stone. Excellent value for the dollar.

Deep

punnzzells
02-09-2005, 11:52 PM
All stones come with 2 certificates. One from one if the worldwide grading companies, the other from a regional gemologist who will certify the value.

For the first ring

For the second ring

Thanks,

Deep

deccent price...

do you have a hook up for African diamonds.. ? I could careless about Gorilla warfare..

Pm me if you do..

mike.

ibew595
02-10-2005, 04:17 AM
All my stones are

1. Russian
2. Middle Eastern
3. Indian

None are from Africa. We are part of the Canadian Diamond Code of Conduct. This is a voluntary organization that the industry has created to help fight blood diamonds.

Deep
Punzzells, first page.

jeremy
02-10-2005, 09:42 AM
pretty decent prices !!

tlaselva
02-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Never understood the fascination of diamonds.

Other than the ostentatious factor, it does absolutely nothing.
Oh well, guess there’s some truth with the saying ‘Diamonds are a girls best friend’.

Having said all that, my Wife’s been hinting at a pair of diamond earrings....
(Money that I could dump on the Vette....:mad: )

I've PM'ed you with my number.
Got an idea what she's looking for.
Let's discuss.

Deep 3.2TL
02-10-2005, 01:14 PM
pretty decent prices !!

I try to be as competitve as possible. As I said, my business is operated from home and as such my overheads are MUCH smaller. This allows me to pass on the savings to my clients.

Thanks,

Deep

WhadUpp
02-10-2005, 01:29 PM
1 carat vvs1 ideal cut round color F?

Thanks

Deep 3.2TL
02-10-2005, 09:59 PM
1 carat vvs1 ideal cut round color F?

Thanks

Currently don't have a stone of that spec. I have this one though... better colour, but a Very Good cut instead of Ideal. Also - Graded by HRD, world renowned and very highly respected firm. The difference in VVS1 and VVS2 is not visually noticeable.

1.00ct Round E VVS2 Very Good $11,241 HRD

Thanks,

Deep

mai
02-14-2005, 12:20 PM

For the first ring

For the second ring

Thanks,

Deep
hi !! does these stones has certification number enggraved ??if not how does the certified work ?? please thanks for ur infor

Deep 3.2TL
02-14-2005, 11:37 PM
hi !! does these stones has certification number enggraved ??if not how does the certified work ?? please thanks for ur infor

Only the Canadian stones are laser inscripted. The certification comes with the stone. You are welcome to have it recertified or appraised again to ensure authenticity. Most jewellers will do this for free or a nominal charge. You take them the certification and ask for them to check it out. They will look at the stone, under 10x magnification and let you know if the certification is correct. The jeweller MUST be trained in diamonds! Some jewellers employees act like they are, but have no training.

Deep

saix
03-03-2005, 03:31 PM
do you work with any other types of stones? And do you do mens rings?

Deep 3.2TL
03-03-2005, 11:40 PM
do you work with any other types of stones? And do you do mens rings?

Yes I work in other stones and yes, we do mens rings as well.

Deep

6cylinder
03-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Gold question????? Is 12 dollars a gram for 14k gold a good price. I just bought a gold chain and wondering what the price would be??

Deep 3.2TL
03-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Gold question????? Is 12 dollars a gram for 14k gold a good price. I just bought a gold chain and wondering what the price would be??

$12 a gram? Are you sure it's not plated? That price is WAY below cost. There's no way it's real solid gold for that price....

Deep

6cylinder
03-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Real deal dude Pawn shop has a Surplus from christmas. They cant sell it so he droped theprice for a month.

Deep 3.2TL
03-04-2005, 06:58 PM
Real deal dude Pawn shop has a Surplus from christmas. They cant sell it so he droped theprice for a month.

Then I would be wary of it's authenticity. If I could tell you the number of times I've fixed people's problems after they've bought at pawn shops and places like People's (el cheapo jewellery)...

Deep

6cylinder
03-05-2005, 07:46 PM
You are totally right. Fom experince Peoples is pure generic junk. Is there any way to meet up with you to have a look at my chain and possibly get it cleaned?? Oh and what is the best home method of cleaning gold???