PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having problems with their heating system?

Bill P
01-26-2005, 10:03 PM
I need some feedback regarding a problem I've had with me 2002 330Ci heater. When the fan is set to high there is barely any air coming out. There is heat but it seems like its running at the lowest setting even when turned up full blast.
I took the car in and they said that the rectifier and blower were changed. It seemed to do the trick until the next day when the same thing happened again. I set the heat to full blast, then had a little air coming out. Took the car in again and now I'm told that this is normal for this model. I just bought this bimmer (certified series) I'm confused. Is this really normal?

Anyone else out there experiencing this problem and what happened? Thanks.

NB Euro Direct
01-26-2005, 10:18 PM
if it's on full blast it's exactly that full blast of air.
If a setting lower than that works fine then i think is your control. I think you have some wiring issues when it comes to that. I think when they did what they did, they grounded the right wire or did something. IF it works good on all other settings then my bet is electrical

330i CDN
01-27-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't know if I'm experiencing as much of a problem as you are, but it seems like I have to have the fan on pretty high to get decent heat as well. I thought it might just be the nature of the system.

oafguy
01-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Well I don't have any problems with my heating, and I have a 2002 330Ci. It might be in the wiring as NB Euro Dire says. It is not normal!

Bill P
01-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Good point. I don't think that it's normal to crank the fan up to max. If it is wiring, then something's up with that. I'm going to take it to another dealership (Parkview) where I bought it and see if they say the same thing. Might as well since it is under warranty. Thanks for the feedback, I wasn't ready to accept this explanation as 'normal'. I'll let you know the results when I take the car in for service.

arcticsilver
02-04-2005, 11:47 PM
go back to the dealer, have him test another car on the lot to prove him wrong. Then start sh@#$t.. pardon the french... If thats the case get it fixed right away...

Bill P
02-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Took it to the same dealer, got a new blower motor and rectifier installed - No charge. Problem fixed for now. Plus, I also got an apology and a spa coupon for the Bimmer. Understood it as "Sorry we @#$! up."

Anixter
02-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Never had a problem with my 2002 330Ci
I will keep an eye out on mine!
Good to know

sonny
02-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Which dealership did you take it to? If you took it to BMW Mississauga, all problems are considered "normal" there.

Bill P
02-10-2005, 10:13 PM
I never go to BMW Mississauga, even though it is 5 minutes from my work. Hate it there cause I never get any good service - whatever I go there for. I take time off work and drive all the way to Budd's or BMW Toronto if I want the job done right.

sonny
02-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Agreed.