PDA

View Full Version : Changing speaker wire

WoLF
08-14-2002, 12:06 AM
I have an 87 325e E30. I'm wanting to change the speaker wire that goes from the rear deck to the reciever.

In order to do this, what do I need to do? Whats the path of the wires? How do I access them?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! *wave*

Tracer
08-14-2002, 01:11 AM
Heh, I just had my soundsystem gutted and put a totally new one in.

I put

Head Unit: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X459
Front Speakers- Kenwood Excelon 5.25 Coaxals
Front Door- Kenwood Excelon 1" Tweeters
Rear Deck- Kenwood Excelon 4way 6x9's
Trunk- Two MTX 12" 4000 Subs in Custom Ported Enclosure mad out of MDF.

First amp:

Xtant A4004 = 100x4 It is going to power all of my interior speakers.

Second Amp:

Xtant 121m With Bass Boost Module = 1 x 250 watts per channel @ 2 ohms

When I had this stuff put in, I had them pull all of the old wiring and put newer and better wire in. I would just pay someone to do it at a professional audio place. It would be a lot easier, and its not really that expensive to do. Since I bought all of my stuff at this place, they just charged me the 15 bucks for the wire and rewired them all for free, no labor. I have a lot of money in sound stuff, now its time for the exterior. My car looks as ugly as yours does :) Good lord I hate the stock wheels and bumpers and wait i'll stop b/c the list goes on and on.

WHEELS ORDERED THOUGH!!

Tracer

BMW BMXer
08-14-2002, 01:26 PM
Um, theres a how to on the net somewhere, I think arccher.net or something like that, they guy used to be on BEN.net

thats where I got the ideas to run my rcas and remote wire. I did not redo My wirring yet because eventually Im gonna change my whole set up again.

Stock wheels are ugly, and Im telling you untill you buy a kit tuck your bumpers

WoLF
08-14-2002, 02:36 PM
neither of the links work

BMW BMXer
08-14-2002, 03:35 PM
ya ben is down and out

and the archer thing I can't remeber I know its bookmarked at my dads house..
but thats of no help to u..

WoLF
08-14-2002, 04:53 PM
anyone else know how to do this? *wiggle*

Kal
08-16-2002, 02:44 PM
y do u wanna change that wire anyhow??