PDA

View Full Version : air intake

RAFAL
01-19-2005, 08:54 AM
will a 325 cold air intake fit a 525, since it is the same engine,or am i wrong

M-Power
01-19-2005, 09:42 AM
I have a M3 and a 5 series. The M3 has a similar box to a 325. The 5 series box is stood on end which is slightly different than the 3 series configuration.
I really like the 5 series set up.
If it were me (and I am going to do this) I would remove the air horn inside the airbox and put a high quality aftermarket high flow filter in the box.
The air intake is ALREADY a cold air intake drawing from the low pressure area behind the headlights....
If you want to modify the front end of the box, you might be able to carefully cut a larger air intake hole and use some abs or similar pipe to give the intake more potential flow and a bit of an intake growl!
////M

highspeed
01-26-2005, 04:40 AM
*no-no* as m power says ,the air intake on a 5 series is well designed and years ahead of other makes of cars, BMW spent a lot of money designing the cold intake behind the headlight, although m powers idea of cutting a larger hole and and replacing the standard horn with a larger' pipe sounds tempting .the idea is to create a ram effect with a large "scoop" funnelling down to a smaller input feeding the throttle body if anyone has any ideas on a effective practical way of doing this please let us know via maxbimmer *wave* :idea:

Kris in Aus
02-09-2005, 07:41 PM
remove the high beam light and add some PVC piping to the air box...that what I did. Cheap and effective.