PDA

View Full Version : E30 Altezza's READ !!!

jeremy
08-13-2002, 01:21 PM
I have been talking to a guy by the name of Ronald Woo with Genera Corp. They make Performance lamps. He has told me that there company can make Altezza style lamps for the e30, but they would have to sell 3,000 units at a $300.00 each. I have notified and directed him to Greg Emereson of Performance BMW to gather some more information as too demand for them in the U.K. What I need is for you to read this letter and post a response if you would like to get your hands on some...This is not a promise that they will be made ! I am trying to show that there is a sufficient demand for them.. Your comments are appreciated..

Jeremy

fingers crossed

addbhp
08-13-2002, 01:57 PM
:puke:

I would hope interest is very low. Since when do BMW owners want to look like Hondas?

jeremy
08-13-2002, 02:17 PM
thanks for your input....so what will you say if and when bmw starts producing lamps that resemble altezzas as a stock feature?? i dont think you shouldnt like something just because it's different ....i know it's supposed to be cool to hate honda's and other jap crap...but i appreciate a car for a car....wether its a 67 corvair. a 325 bmw, a chevy cavalier or a honda s2000...if your trying to pretend your car is something its not, well thats a different story. take for example the mcpherson front strut your car is equiped with, its shared by many imports...does that mean your bmw is trying to handle like a honda ???? i dont think so ?

jeremy

e30m52power
08-13-2002, 02:24 PM
There was a company in the States like 6-8 months back that did a limited production of these (like 5 or 10 sets). The interest just wasn't there if I recall. Selling 3000 sets worldwide, I think that would be pritty dang hard after seeing how these tunners had trouble selling like 5 sets.

I think your still better off buying a set of smoked ones from me *th-up* Especially if ya do the cf hood. :huh?:

jeremy
08-13-2002, 02:33 PM
do you know the name of the place in the states ? i would buy your lights if i had enough cash ?*mumble*

addbhp
08-13-2002, 03:47 PM
Let me clarify myself, I'm not bashing Honda's at all, I've owned both generation CRX's and the second generation Interga and loved them all. I just think BMW usually sets trends, (M3 fender slits, Z3 fenders, angel eyes...)for the aftermarket to follow and they can make some cars look pretty impressive if done right. What I meant was this particular upgrade(?) doesn't suit the styling of an e30 at all.
My 2 cents
Mark

jeremy
08-13-2002, 04:17 PM
good point.*th-up* sorry for goin off the handle.. i still think they would look good.

ROB89M3
08-13-2002, 07:02 PM
Altezzas are a no-no!!*no-no*

jeremy
08-13-2002, 07:17 PM
how come everyone hates altezzas ???

ROB89M3
08-13-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by jeremy
how come everyone hates altezzas ???
THIS IS WHY...