PDA

View Full Version : FS: Oil cooler from my auto tranny

RevShoT
01-06-2005, 08:46 PM
this is from my automatic transmission, its a front mounted oil cooler, was originally used for my tranny but im assuming it could be used to cool oil from the block as well if u tap a line into it?

anyway 20 bucks takes it

slided in between the rad and air conditioner

djcontra
01-06-2005, 08:57 PM
can i see a pic? I want to see how it'll fit...i'm very interested in cooling the oil going into my supercharger

thanks

RevShoT
01-06-2005, 09:11 PM
its very slim and tall, it slides right infront of the radiator and comes before the air conditoner condenser, its the same height as a radiator and about half as wide but only about 3/4 inch thick

ide get u a pic but its not out of the car yet, i can have it out tommorow if u wish

u would never know its there looking at a stock car

djcontra
01-06-2005, 09:13 PM
hmm on second thought i'll go take a look to see if my '93 auto 325i has one and see what it looks like. I'm just not sure about fitment because there is no room between my rad and the engine anymore because of my supercharger setup...i dont even have a/c in there anymore :D

i'd have to see if it'll fit in front of the rad ...

RevShoT
01-06-2005, 09:19 PM
it goes infront of the rad, honestly its really thin i didnt even know it was there until i pulled out my radiator to have it pressure tested i was like WTF is that? haha

yeah check your auto bimmer its really really thin, im sure if u want it it will fit

eMotors.ca
01-06-2005, 11:27 PM
FIY it is not advisable to use a transmission oil cooler to cool engine oil because usually the internal passages are not large enough to provide adequate flow.

SL

RevShoT
01-07-2005, 02:13 AM
isnt tranny fuild thicker then motor oil? so wouldnt it flow better then tranny oil?
not trying to cut you down but just wondering

windsorbmw
01-12-2005, 12:46 AM
20 bucks i will take it. Is it the whole cooler?

How much for shipping to Windsor?

this is from my automatic transmission, its a front mounted oil cooler, was originally used for my tranny but im assuming it could be used to cool oil from the block as well if u tap a line into it?

anyway 20 bucks takes it

slided in between the rad and air conditioner

RevShoT
01-12-2005, 12:45 PM
edit: buyer backed out,
part still for sale

this part retails little less then 400 bucks!

cheap cheap deal!