PDA

View Full Version : ReVshot ripping people off?

brian_m3
01-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Scroll to post #37 !
give his $$$ back fool.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288116&page=2

UncleJ
01-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Shitty.

brian_m3
01-03-2005, 01:02 PM
I Would twist that kid into a pretzel if he ever tried that on me.
Not good members from here are doing that.

AlpWhitE46
01-03-2005, 01:10 PM
haha....things go around the internet fast....even vlad is involved in that thread.

e36_freak
01-03-2005, 01:15 PM
i bought a sub/amp from him and they worked fine.........except he failed to inform me that one of the rca input has a broken rca connecter stuck in it..........i found that out when i tried installing the sub into my brother's car with rca cables........no biggie tho......drilled the sucker out.......but he should've told me atleast.....but o well

uber e36
01-03-2005, 01:17 PM
hard to tell whether it was a scam, or that the buyer and seller had different levels of expectations... if I was the buyer, i'd get in writing that there was 100% nothing wrong with them...

mirek
01-03-2005, 01:27 PM
douche.

jeremy
01-03-2005, 01:28 PM
damn that sux....

Eurostyle
01-03-2005, 01:29 PM
hard to tell whether it was a scam, or that the buyer and seller had different levels of expectations... if I was the buyer, i'd get in writing that there was 100% nothing wrong with them...

But then again, there is no set standard for this! To him (Jason) they might be fine, to the buyer they might be bent...Even tire shops would have different standards...and i guarantee if you go to 5 shops, you would get 5 stories...From "They are fine" to "They are garbage" to they "Need some work"...

sloveniaboy
01-03-2005, 01:33 PM
*thmbsdwn*

E36er
01-03-2005, 01:33 PM
not sure either but at least hes trying to pay some of it back..

AlpWhitE46
01-03-2005, 01:39 PM
not sure either but at least hes trying to pay some of it back..

wouldn't you think that for him its better to just take the rims back...like that he isnt in any loss, like this hes loosing money by trying to pay it back. Like he said his rims will end up being worth 300.

SickFinga
01-03-2005, 01:50 PM
I find it funny when people threating with filing fraud complaints, sueing people, screwing credit records.

Eurostyle
01-03-2005, 01:53 PM
I find it funny when people threating with filing fraud complaints, sueing people, screwing credit records.

Ha ha!!! Good luck with that, the system is so F#ked up it never works! Small claims is A JOKE!!!

1BADRIDE
01-03-2005, 01:56 PM
That is LOW.

There is a set of rims for sale on these forums as well. As soon as I hear "curb rash" or "refinished", etc... I walk away, UNLESS I can inspect the wheels in person PRIOR to the purchase.

I got ripped off ONCE in a similar fashion when I was 19. :(

*IF* you are buying USED wheels, inspect them IN PERSON and have them balanced (with or without rubber) to ensure they are straight and true *BEFORE* you pay! :idea:

Revshot: Dirty. Just plain dirty. *no-no*

grossi
01-03-2005, 02:21 PM
I Would twist that kid into a pretzel if he ever tried that on me.
Not good members from here are doing that.

You took the words right out of my mouth *shiner*

RevShoT
01-03-2005, 03:14 PM
well its nice to see how fast people turn on you,

these rims are fine, i did not know they were bent, im pretty sure he is exagerating his claim because they drive beautiful to me

point is they are used rims, i sold them under the asumption they were strait from daily driving. hes crying saying 2 are out of round, not bent and 1 had a small bend in it

and yes i did tell him as soon as i found the bend when i was scrubbing and cleaning the wheels BEFORE i shipped them, i never herd back from him for 3 days so i shipped them out, the bend was soo small there was a few counterweights underneath it from the wheel shop, oviously .50 ounce weight made it better

mike, u should have told me, i forgot all about the rca jack in there i could have come up there and taken the amp apart for you to get it out, i hadnt run those for about 2 months thats why i forgot all about it

M3speed
01-03-2005, 03:27 PM
hey man, i don't know what the truth is here but if revshot sold crappy rims he better refund that guys money! i can't stand scammers! on the other hand, if that other dude is crying over spilled milk that he needs to shut it!

Ryousuke
01-03-2005, 03:52 PM
You get what you pay for... did he really expect perfectly mint rims for 650$

They said on hat forum that you could get those rims for 1000$ in mint condition well then what does he expect if he paid only 650$ for them? If it seems too good to be true then it probably is .. Just like those e-mails stating that all the latest phones like p910a is like 300$ when everyone else is selling it for 1000$ =\

born slippy
01-03-2005, 03:52 PM
saying you can't get the money seems like the easy way out...as you are 19 and should be able to get a loan of some sort fairly easily. And RevShot just think how you would feel if you bought used rims and they turned out to be shit, but the other guy still insisted they were fine...one persons ideals aren't the same as another. Just get what he is asking for and it will all be good.

ps his claims court thing is bs...he couldn't do anything

mirek
01-03-2005, 04:05 PM
well its nice to see how fast people turn on you,

Can you blame them? Don't be a little bitch, and pay for half the straightening. Small price to pay to keep some reputation. I wouldn't even give you that option. 250$ is nothing, get a job.

Jon@Bimmersport
01-03-2005, 04:49 PM

the only way to get back at em, isnt through court :D

A~G
01-03-2005, 05:16 PM
yeah.... no comment.

ReVshoT, aka Jason Butler :D

Just give him the money back... he'll send you the rims back... end of story.

if you really have confidence in those rims, you can easily resell them.

RevShoT
01-03-2005, 05:25 PM
i would gladley take back the rims, however i havent got the cash to put up to give him and i sold them for 600 not 650

soo 600, he says another 500 to make them mint, well thats 1100 bucks for mint LTW rims, sounds bout right?

TheLoneVR!
01-03-2005, 05:26 PM
*thmbsdwn* that is really shit
I bought rims and tires of one of the guys on max and he was really cool and actually gave me a really good deal, because he say that I really needed those rims. It isnt everday u run in to people like that.......

Bye the way.... *wave* sup M-Fly.....i owe u a drink *drink* :D

BMW_7
01-03-2005, 06:21 PM
My rims hve wheel weighs all over them from the last balancing in April, I think I bent one of them when I hit the curb, oh well, they will be my winter wheels now

1BADRIDE
01-03-2005, 06:22 PM
HE didn't want mint rims. He wanted used ones that were STRAIGHT AND TRUE as you advertised. You even advertised them HERE too the same way!

Can you not understand this?

You FALSELY advertised, closed the deal, warned the guy AFTER you got the cash, and now you say "Hey... spend $500 more and you'll have mint rims!".

Put yourself in the buyer's shoes.

I bought a set of 535i rims with "snow tires" off a MAX member. The guy showed up with his dad, dropped off the rims (was at night/dark). I was tired and high, so I didn't bother to check them out. I paid, done deal, that was that. It was a favour for a friend who needed snows but didn't have the money for them.

I gave them to my friend, and he calls back the next day and says "these are all-seasons, not snows, and they're only at 60% bro"... I'm like WTF. I check the thread, yup says WINTER TIRES... anyways, I didn't bother chasing the guy because I felt it was MY FAULT for not checking/following up.

Lesson learned.

Had I gone back to the guy and said "hey... these are NOT snow tires" and he replied with "Yeah... just spend another $400 and you'll have a MINT set!", I'd be quite unhappy about it. It was only a couple hundred bucks in my case, and it didn't really hurt me other than I have no respect for him and will most likely never buy anything from him again IF I can even remember WHO he is... :D

The point is, you said one thing, sold something else, and now are telling the guy "gee whiz, I spent your cash... tough bananas!"

Not cool.

mirek
01-03-2005, 06:26 PM
HE didn't want mint rims. He wanted used ones that were STRAIGHT AND TRUE as you advertised. You even advertised them HERE too the same way!
Not cool.

well put. seeing what is happening, i wouldn't deal with revshot, ever.

5style
01-03-2005, 06:33 PM
My rims hve wheel weighs all over them from the last balancing in April, I think I bent one of them when I hit the curb, oh well, they will be my winter wheels now

I swears im going to smack you silly. Make up ur mind WOMAN!!!!! *uzi*

windwagen
01-03-2005, 10:26 PM
I almost traded for a set of OEM VW 17" wheels off a guy on a VW forum. However, I insisted on doing the swap at my favourite shop. They let me put the wheels on the balancer. NO DEAL...2 wheels had bends in em. In defense of the other guy, you couldn't see the bends until the wheels were spinning, so he problably didn't know, and was very undestanding.

If I unknowingly sold/traded bad wheels, I would feel really $hitty and offer a complete refund, immediately! No F'in way do I want anyone thinking I'm trying to rip off anyone!

RevShoT
01-03-2005, 10:30 PM
keep in mind this is almost a month old now.... and the money recieved from the rim sale is long gone, went to a new set or rims. if he would have told me before i shipped them then i would have never shipped them and refunded his money, the single rim i noticed had a small bend in it, he was notified of this and i waited 3 days for a reply.. none came so i shipped em out, now hes bitching cause its bent, and he knew it but never bothered to reply

Kal
01-03-2005, 10:36 PM
That is wrong Revshot. Return the guys money and you'll get your rep back. Nobody will every buy anything from you again unless you do that. Plus you face being banned from here and just plain losing the respect of the max community.

BlitzSix
01-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Well he's not bitching that that one had a bend in it, he is bitching cause the other ones are ****ed..

I don't think you realize the problem though.

I'm sure most people don't think you did it on purpose.

But you DID state in the post that they were straight. And that's what you thought. But you should be careful when you sell things. My rule is always make the item sound worse than it is, cause even though you don't get as much $ for it, it's still better. Like if you said "I drove with them a lot and they're fine, so I'm assuming they're straight and true but they're as is" or something, that would have been fine. Maybe poeple wouldn't pay 675 then, but 600, however in the end u would have made a fair sale. By saying that they're straight and true, you DO take the responsibility, so that if the guy takes it to a shop, they will for sure say they're straight and true. If that's not the case, like you have here, then you ARE at fault even though you didn't do it on purpose.

The good thing to do would be to just take back your wheels and give a refund, but you made yet another mistake by spending the money right away and not waiting to make sure it was ok. So you should try to make it right. Him asking you to pay 250 is quite reasonable.

IF you don't have money, which you say you don't, you can do many things. Like borrow from friends and pay them back in a couple months. 250 isn't that much. If you somehow can't borrow from a friend/relative/bank (which I don't think is true, but whatever) then you should say "I'm sorry I made a mistake and I also don't have money now, but I'm gonna try to make it right, is it okay if I start making payments and have all of 250 to you ASAP?" or something like that.

Try to make it right, don't say things like "oh it's not that much ****ed up, you can fix it with weights" etc. DOn't make excuses. The point is that you made a wrong description, not on purpose but still, and you should take reposibility for it.

soso
01-03-2005, 10:49 PM
psht, even if Rev pays up, I still won't buy from him!

bimmer318ti
01-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Remember This- :P :P :P

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42118&highlight=poll

Man, you got almost 2000 posts- If you dont gives this guys money back.. this is gona litterly KILL your online reputation.

This kidda stuff, makes me not trust anyone on the internet.

WWJD. *th-up*

vertakul
01-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Whether you sold them for 2$ or 500$.. regardless of what they are worth.. you mis-represented your product for sale to complete the sale. I do believe it was a mistake but you need to do whatever you can to get this guy back his money. At this point i'm sure he'd be understanding enough to give you a bit of time to get all of the 600$ back to him... ****, sell the rims you bought for christ sakes.. why is it that you MUST keep those and make him suffer?

ChahalzBMR
01-04-2005, 07:56 AM
I'm not gonna comment on asking Jason to return the guy's money or split the cost with him. He sold USED rims as is! As for him telling Jason he will take him to court, he's in the US and Jason's in Canada. What small claims court will pursue the matter if the total was $600. As for the claiming fraud and reporting him to the authorities here, they will not do anything for under $1000. Paypal will not return his money either, they do care about the physical state of the product because Jason has a tracking number to prove that he shipped it, that's all that matters to them.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking any sides just pointing out that this guy can not get any action from the "legal system"
His best bet is to work it out with Jason, which I think Jason is paying $200..right? That's what I read in the last few posts on bimmerforums.
Anyways, good luck and hope both of you can work it out!

TiemenT
01-04-2005, 10:17 AM
if you buy sometimes second-hand.. you always are in danger for these things..

crazyvadim
01-04-2005, 10:54 AM
So basically the guy asked for his money back a month after he recieved the rims?
If so,he doesnt deserve a penny back.
When you put up the AD for the rims,did you type As-Is??

5style
01-04-2005, 11:22 AM
well he got the rims, next time, say as is. period. As for legal pursuit... You call the cops here, nearest police station to the person's house. You tell them the situation, and they will help you get your dough back. This only works in the i sent money, no goods scenario. In your case Jason, you are safe. Also, next time say final sale, AS IS. that way, you don t like it? no bitching!

daytona
01-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Everyone knows calling the police for a sale description misrepresentation sale is a waste of time,this sale if not fraud,the rims was received by the buyer,he got the product but not in the condition it was listed,Rev sold a product that was not in the condition it was listed,taking someone to small claims that is not in the country jurdisical area is not binding by law.Make it simple,Rev takes back the rims minus shipping and he refunds the money,or he just avoids this site,change his ID and continues to post.Maybe his lost of reputation is worth $500cdn.I really doubt sincerly he tried to defraud a buyer,he thought maybe the damages was 50/50 from being listed as good condition compared to "as-is",give him a few weeks to get the funds together but in the mean time ask the buyer to return the rims minus shipping cost and a stand up guy REV refunds full payment minus shipping.. *th-up*

RevShoT
01-04-2005, 01:12 PM
i have told him i will make all efforts to get him the 250US back but the timeframe he is giving me is something i wont be able to work with he wants 250 by january 12th or he is filing a paypal fraud and calling his credit card company

if he does that then he dosent get a penny sorry but im tryin hard herebut i got nothing to work with here

1BADRIDE
01-04-2005, 03:58 PM
I can loan you some cash if you want to put your car up against it.

A~G
01-04-2005, 05:20 PM
you'd better be careful.. this guy might be a crazy fuk go out of his way to make ur life miserable.

Ryousuke
01-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Okay so LTW's in mint condition go for 1000$ atleast right? so when he paid 600$ for them what did he really expect to get? The same product that would cost 1000$ if that would be the case don't you think Rev would sell them for 1000$? Most of the time its you get what you pay for just all those as seen on tv products they are dirt cheap and may sound good but they are made out of worse plastic then American cars come with =\ And if it is true that he waited for over a month with those rims then he doesn't deserve a penny. And I still say he doesn't deserve any penny ask him to take the pictures of those rims to show everyone in what conditions they are.

vertakul
01-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Why Can You Not Sell Your New Rims To Pay This Guy Back?? Its Your Fault Buddy!!

mpower1226
01-05-2005, 01:38 AM
there is no such thing as "got nothing to work with". You are not trying hard enough. You could sell your whatever stuff you have, the seats, 5 spd conversion stuffs, rims, your twin tip muffler, whatever.

You might think loosing $250 is big loss, but what you are forgetting is that you are loosing potential buyers/sellers and also trust from max and other associated forums.

Word of advise, do what you gotta do and pay him back.

mpower1226
01-06-2005, 05:25 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by ReVsHoT
mark, call paypal and your credit card company cause i dont care anymore
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So much for your "commitment" to make things right, Jason.

OK, I'll go ahead and file a claim. Maybe you don't care anymore, but you should. Because I'm not going away. I told you I'm taking a measured approach to this. I will not let up on you until I am un-ripped off. This is only the beginning. You've made some very poor choices, and you continue to exercise incredibly bad judgement.

Regards,
Mark

-wow, things are getting interesting. Also im very disappointed in revshot.

RevShoT
01-06-2005, 05:50 PM
u know im honestly getting sick of people PM'in me on here and bimmerforums telling me that they are commin to my house to collect and that mark knows people right by me and shit like that, i am tryin to get his money back but now i just dont care anymore because i dont need all his buddies threatenin me, if u wana step up lets go if not shut your ****in mouth and let me and him work it out

1BADRIDE
01-06-2005, 06:20 PM
OK First off... NO ONE SHOULD BE THREATENING ANYONE HERE! WTF IS THAT? *no-no*

Relax people. *smoke*

Revshot: Do what's right. Don't let a few foolish people interfere with this. The only two people involved are you and Mark. Something like this follows a person for a VERY LONG TIME and I'll tell you it's not worth it. C'mon man, you were 1/2 way there. *th-up*

If you have opinions, sure - share them, but getting involved is wrong unless you have been ASKED.

M50E30
01-06-2005, 06:59 PM
u know im honestly getting sick of people PM'in me on here and bimmerforums telling me that they are commin to my house to collect and that mark knows people right by me and shit like that, i am tryin to get his money back but now i just dont care anymore because i dont need all his buddies threatenin me, if u wana step up lets go if not shut your ****in mouth and let me and him work it out

Jay did you PM this guy about people making threats? Well you better tell him that he should post people to stop making this issue worse than it is and not posting & PM bull sh!t.

mpower1226
01-06-2005, 11:19 PM
WTF? Thats not my threat, thats the buyers thret,.
im just reposting what he posted. Because, members here are pretty interested in the outcome of this issues.

also, now are you threating me revshot? hahaha.. funny. very very funny. gee, I wonder if you could say that infront of my face. Another e-thug wannabe.

mpower1226
01-06-2005, 11:24 PM
and my personal opinion on this is that although everyone including me is telling revshot to pay off the dude, I dont think he could do anything about this by the law. What can he do honestly for 250$? buy a lawyer?. I guess he made a mistake of pushing revshot too hard to the corner. Only if he gave little more time for revshot to come up with money.

windwagen
01-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Revshot, some honest advice. If people are still harassing you AFTER you have indicated that you are setting things straight, simply respond to their challenges with something like "no worries, I'm setting things straight". Forget trying to explain all the details.

I learned this from people complaining that I streetrace with my kids in the car. I've seen others try to justify their actions, but their efforts are futile. Any responses to their wild accusations just feed the fire.

1BADRIDE
01-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Windwagen - do you remember getting on to the 407ETR Westbound at McCowan and getting ripped by a black Z/06? It was an early weekend morning I think. You had a kid in the car, there was no traffic, and you were haulin ass. Could have been another 540 with another person driving and another kid, but I thought I'd ask.

I was in the slow lane, the 540 was in the fast lane, and I hit 244km/hr and exited at Kennedy.

windwagen
01-31-2005, 10:43 PM
Nah...wasn't me. I don't like to cruise in the left lane, esp if there is no traffic.

Turbo Z/06!...I'd never catch up with that!

WhadUpp
01-31-2005, 11:28 PM
windwagon you have a twin out there :D

RevShoT
02-01-2005, 12:09 AM
WTF? Thats not my threat, thats the buyers thret,.
im just reposting what he posted. Because, members here are pretty interested in the outcome of this issues.

also, now are you threating me revshot? hahaha.. funny. very very funny. gee, I wonder if you could say that infront of my face. Another e-thug wannabe.

:confused:
when did i make a threat to you?
i dont remember you sending me PM's telling me your comming to my house?

i thought u were a good guy?

windwagen
02-01-2005, 08:42 AM
windwagon you have a twin out there :D

I'm sure there are lot's of sexy chinese dads out there besides me...ooops you mean the car! hee hee

1BADRIDE
02-02-2005, 08:17 AM
A chinese dad in a BMW in Markham... that's new. :D :D

ChahalzBMR
02-02-2005, 08:24 AM
^ I was thinking the same thing.

windwagen
02-02-2005, 09:08 AM
ha ha...but most of the Chinese drivers here in Markham would be involved in some sort of accident before they get to the 407 anyway! ha ha

1BADRIDE
02-03-2005, 09:47 AM
YOU said it!!! Not ME!!! :D :D :D

windwagen
02-03-2005, 10:00 AM
It's common knowledge...No?

5style
02-07-2005, 09:34 AM
BAH>>>>>>>> when you buy things used, INSPECT them before paying.... If you buy things long distance, be prepared to be unsatisfied...everyone has different standards on "good condition", simple. the price you paid for the rims was a steal anyways, and what did you expect???? Perfect rims for under 1000 BAHAHA.... not in Canada.... :S BTW: you didn t get "ripped off", you recieved the goods, and they need some work, which is NORMAL with used things....if you don't agree, then you should buy everything brand new.... like me :P ( i HATE refinishing things I buy, because im lazy and don't feel like it :P)

My two cents...

paul christians
02-07-2005, 05:04 PM
ReVshot are having problems in life or what.........just asking here not to start something ok..........

RevShoT
02-08-2005, 12:30 AM
not sure what u mean?

im pretty happy with my life right now :confused:

paul christians
02-08-2005, 12:40 AM
with some of bashing and stuff....

Eurostyle
02-08-2005, 12:41 AM
BAH>>>>>>>> when you buy things used, INSPECT them before paying.... If you buy things long distance, be prepared to be unsatisfied...everyone has different standards on "good condition", simple. the price you paid for the rims was a steal anyways, and what did you expect???? Perfect rims for under 1000 BAHAHA.... not in Canada.... :S BTW: you didn t get "ripped off", you recieved the goods, and they need some work, which is NORMAL with used things....if you don't agree, then you should buy everything brand new.... like me :P ( i HATE refinishing things I buy, because im lazy and don't feel like it :P)

My two cents...

Well said...i dont see why this thread is still going on... :huh?:

RevShoT
02-08-2005, 03:50 PM
with some of bashing and stuff....

meh thats such a small part of my life, what do i care what people think of me on the net? its kinda fun stirrin shit up a lil, makes people post on the board and makes it buisy

outside of the net im happy no one bothers me and its not like ive lost friends over a set of rims... the people who know me outside of internet talk know im not a rip off artist and im a good guy... and they stick up for me on here.. thanks guys! *th-up*

paul christians
02-08-2005, 04:05 PM
cool keep your head up..........

RevShoT
02-08-2005, 04:23 PM
yup im well aware of that!

there lots of people like would like to meet up and have a swing at me!

price to pay for being a shit disturber i guess :D

Miguel
03-02-2005, 11:26 PM
I have both bought and sold to revshot for both small ticket and larger items.

I've never had a problem and I wouldnt hesitate to do business with him again.