PDA

View Full Version : car broken into :(

stratoayu
01-02-2005, 12:24 PM
bloody hell, wake up this morning to find my drivers window smashed. stupid kids broke in and opened my trunk and took my subs. brand new rockford 12"'s with mtx 6001 amp :( they nabbed my radar detector too *mumble* there was a portable cd player right there and they never touched my deck... ughhh this sux :(

T.Dot_E30
01-02-2005, 12:56 PM
that sucks man, I feel for you.

I hardly play my system loud, esp in my area......lots of ppl dont even know i have anything.

Did you have an alarm? Where was ur car parked? Driveway? road?

givemeanE36
01-02-2005, 01:05 PM
I feel for you dude, i've had a car stolen from me so be happy at least you still got your car.

1. It's somebody you know, i mean how the hell would anybody know you got all that in your trunk?

And you have to be extra careful with e30s, i've owned mine for only a few months and i can break in it and have the door open in under 10 seconds without damaging anything. That goes for all e30s, it's just a poor design in a certain area that i won't discuss here for the obvious reasons, but just be aware.

Here are a few things you could do for anti theft, and maybe to discourage small time thieves.

The following are all the items i had on ONE of my Civics after the previous one got stolen:

1. twin hook club, they can cut the steering wheel all they want, this shit isn't coming off.

2. Autolock (clutch pedal)

3. 3 kill switches (you can tap into whatever you please, be creative with placement)

4. dead locks, i had drilled holes through my door jambs and doors and ran an actuator that was worked through remotes and had the dead bolts go from the door into the door jamb...so if they break your window and unlock the car you still can't get in becase the dead bolts are keeping the doors shut...so they would have to get in through the glass and shit.

5. Alarm: probably one of the most overlooked items as far as security. You can get any alarm basically, there are no such thing as bad/good alarms...an alarm is as good as its installer. My favourite brand is Clifford, look into them and make sure you don't place any stickers or anything on your windows indicating what kind of an alarm you have.

6. Boomerang 2 - probably the best investment security wise, but even with B2 cars get jacked because people know locations of the boxes, so what you gotta do is be creative and weld ;)

stratoayu
01-02-2005, 01:48 PM
yea, the shitty thing is, i have an alarm, but my parents, (im still living at home...) dont let me have it on, because they dont want it going off in the middle of the night... yea thx.. so it fuuucking sux, ugh, stupid little kids.. there had to have been 2 people that knew me.. cuz the subs weigh over 100 pounds easy.

BMW_M52_M20
01-04-2005, 08:15 PM
That sucks man.........there is no point in an alarm if you aren't going to use it though :confused:

Just turn the sensitive down
Jay

Skunk#1
01-04-2005, 09:30 PM
yeah that sux, i have an alarm and a shotgun, sniper rifle and a knife. i want someone to break into my $hit. as long as they have something of yours in their possession, it is legal to shoot people here in texas. i love that law, while they are at it they can walk into my house and try to take my tv.

i would never listen to my parents, but at least you still have the car.