PDA

View Full Version : e30 bogging problems, or losing power, possible solution

djtbster
12-31-2004, 06:38 PM
ok this was my problem or the symptoms that my car was having just few minutes ago, my car would bogg and jerk and felt like it was losing power between 1800-2300 rpms than after that it would just go freely like nothing happend, so wat i did was take out the ICV and sprayed the the internals with thootle body cleaner, repeatedly until all the residue coming out was clear, then i inserted the throotle body cleaner through the intake boot that connects to the airbox or more like the AFM, then started tha car and sprayed repeatedly until satisfied or wat u think is adaquet(spelling correction pls lol), hope this helps a couple of you e30 guys, im still a newbie but just though i would share some of my experiences with it :D, HAPPY NEW YEARS GUYS, CHEERS!!!!!! *par-t* *wave*

Boris The Blade
01-03-2005, 10:48 PM
I thought it wasnt good to take out the ICV and spray it down with a cleaner. :confused:

djtbster
01-03-2005, 10:50 PM
meh i did aneways???, but i dont ahve the bogging problem, i just have the more common rev up and down problem again!!!!!!!!!

BMW_M52_M20
01-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Vaccum leaks, could be your afm as well........When was the last time you did a major tune up: ie Wires, plugs, cap/rotor?

djtbster
01-04-2005, 03:53 PM
i just changed the plug like 2000k ago, gonna change again to stock bosch or ngks in spring, i ahve yer replace the distrubutor cap and wires, or w/e u call thats similiar to the cap and rotor in the m20????

Slowered318
01-04-2005, 04:16 PM
just come over and look at thoes bumpers we talked about.. we'll go for test drive and i'll look at your motor.

Boris The Blade
01-05-2005, 08:18 AM
meh i did aneways???, but i dont ahve the bogging problem, i just have the more common rev up and down problem again!!!!!!!!!

change your ICV and your ICU *th-up*

djtbster
01-05-2005, 11:23 AM
lol big bucks for now in spring, wen i start to work on it, all i just do to get it to idle properly is plug and unplug the icv continuiosly until it idles properly

BMW_M52_M20
01-05-2005, 02:16 PM
lol big bucks for now in spring, wen i start to work on it, all i just do to get it to idle properly is plug and unplug the icv continuiosly until it idles properly

Don't just assume it is the ICV, there is many other areas to look at......