PDA

View Full Version : wow.. like, so it like, snowed eh

everlast
12-01-2004, 12:18 PM
and my drivers windshield wiper promptly fell off... *mumble*

I used a piece of coathanger (i keep two in the trunk for good measure) to hold it on for now until i get my spare from north gower.

on another note, the snow made it fun to go to the unused parking lot at nortel by my house and do donuts for 10 minutes before going to work.

i'm a little disappointed in the amount of traction i have.. i was slipping all over the place this morning. and that's with my big knobbies! :huh?:

perhaps the rear end is out of alignment?

Lee in Ottawa
12-01-2004, 12:36 PM
JAy if u wanna come over and help me work on my wheels bearing in the snow we can drift together!!!

everlast
12-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Hey dude,

After I put up the CHRISTMAS TREE (YAY, I'm such a kid) I'll be cleaning out the garage.. I'll have enough room in there to work on your car, so then maybe this weekend we can do your bearing at my place!

I assume you already picked one up, that's good!

Lee in Ottawa
12-01-2004, 01:00 PM
i think i'm gonna order one from bruno should be here in a couple days it would be awsome if u had room in ur garage

BMW BMXer
12-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Coat hangers in the trunk, brilliant.

I have just about everything in my trunk behind my false pannel accept that.

gsbadbmr
12-01-2004, 01:46 PM
I used a piece of coathanger (i keep two in the trunk for good measure)

Yup, coathangers have many good uses for them besides what they were designed for :D

-gsbadbmr

chromius
12-02-2004, 04:40 PM
hehehe...I did my drifting and donuts after work on the back streets downtown. I Love it! We gotta have a meet guys. :)

I'm also surprised about your traction problems...I had really good traction yesterday, and I only have Michelin alpin, which arn't exactly well known for deep snow traction. Seems better than last year too, since I got my car lowered, which is wierd cuz I would have thought I would loose traction without as much weight transfer to the back...maybe its my new diff, but its a lower gear ratio so once again I would have thought I would be worse off...who knows :confused: either way its really fun when pushing on the loud pedal around corners

everlast
12-02-2004, 04:48 PM
It was fine today, even on the ice on my street (like a rink.) I think its just that it was REAALLY slippery out yesterday. My tires don't seem to work as good in the slushy muck. A Prelude walked right by me going up a hill yesterday, but then, its FWD.

Anyway, still a freakin' hoot. :)

Maybe coffee soon?

chromius
12-02-2004, 05:05 PM
name the time and place and I am there.

ara_yaz
12-03-2004, 02:30 PM
i'm a little disappointed in the amount of traction i have.. i was slipping all over the place this morning. and that's with my big knobbies! :huh?:

perhaps the rear end is out of alignment?

or, perhaps you should add some weight in the trunk...i've placed two of my summer rims in the trunk for traction...it helps. It's best to place the weight directly over the rear axle...but that's not happening.

you guys make me wnat to go out and do some dougnuts & drifts on my lunch break which starts...now...ba!

everlast
12-03-2004, 03:57 PM
I've got a HUGE band pass speaker box that isn't hooked up to anything.. haha. It was a LOT better today on small amounts of snow over ice.. i think its just lack of enough winter tread the other day.

ara_yaz
12-03-2004, 07:29 PM
I've got a HUGE band pass speaker box that isn't hooked up to anything.. haha. It was a LOT better today on small amounts of snow over ice.. i think its just lack of enough winter tread the other day.

I know what you mean. I was inadvertently drifting the other day doing, honestly, 30 km/h, on a 45 degree, gradual curve with snow tires (4 yrs old though)...that's what reminded me to weigh-down the rear end.

jeffrie
12-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Did you all know you can use a coat hanger for brazing.
Used to use it to seal exhaust. Cheap and affective and sticks to stainless steel (which is so hard to weld to).

everlast
12-05-2004, 12:40 AM
I'm missing 4 teeth on my flywheel and was going to use a mig to put some slag on the missing areas and a grind it down into teeth. Maybe I'll use coat hanger so I can say "I used coat hanger".

Coat hanger is my duct tape.

BS87
12-05-2004, 02:14 AM
I drive a cabrio, came from the factory with a fat ass, no need for sand in the back for me :p

jeffrie
12-05-2004, 03:19 AM
I'm missing 4 teeth on my flywheel and was going to use a mig to put some slag on the missing areas and a grind it down into teeth. Maybe I'll use coat hanger so I can say "I used coat hanger".

Coat hanger is my duct tape.

Doubt it would be strong enough for a flywheel aplication, but feel free to prove me wrong. That Nortel parking lot was it 3500 carling? Used to work their.

everlast
12-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Well.. I my try it. Or just use regular mig.. uh.. stuff. I don't know how to weld, can you tell?

My bros does, he builds his own race car so I'm sure between the two of us we'd be able to.

Nortel parking lot behind the baseline / merivale buildings. there is one that enter off of Central Park that is no longer used. WHEEEE!