PDA

View Full Version : EXT Warranty ???

328power
11-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi all,

Looking at a 330i with 67 k on it ... warranty is done when it hits 80 k..

people have been telling me i can buy the extented warranty as long as i purchase it before the warranty is over ...

ANy of you guys done this ?? Worth it ? $$ ?

thanks a;;

Jase
11-29-2004, 03:39 PM
ext warranty is worth it depending on $ and what it covers.

jeffrie
11-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Not worth it, every time you bring it in under warrenty the stealer will always find something new to scare you with and charge you for something that's not really needed and would have been far cheaper to do yourself or with a good local wrench.
Just my oppinion but find it more then a coincidence that most of my buddies new cars spend more time in the shop then my 7 yr old e36, unless you suffer from "fat wallet syndrome" quoted from Burnie Benze.

ambasah
11-30-2004, 01:40 PM
I agree. not worth the $$.

Surk
11-30-2004, 08:47 PM
Depends on cost.. I work at a dealer and bought my ride with a BMW Cert series warr...I've used it for all sorts of stuff (since I know cars) Make sure you get your $$-worth...nothing on BMW's are cheap.. *th-up*

Not worth it, every time you bring it in under warrenty the stealer will always find something new to scare you with and charge you for something that's not really needed and would have been far cheaper to do yourself or with a good local wrench.
Just my oppinion but find it more then a coincidence that most of my buddies new cars spend more time in the shop then my 7 yr old e36, unless you suffer from "fat wallet syndrome" quoted from Burnie Benze.

BMW_M52_M20
12-09-2004, 07:37 PM
WHen I got my 323is, came with the BMW Certified Series.....It was worth every penny and paid itself off........The extended warranty covers an awful lot.......I highly disagree with what other people said because from experience, it was worth it.
Jay

golden
12-09-2004, 11:13 PM
i say get a CPO

ive bought 2 cars, very slightly used, but i got CPO on all of them... my current car isnt even out of its normal warranty, and i still have CPO on it

FastM3
12-10-2004, 12:06 AM
After all these talks about dealers I guess all you guys in Toronto are getting ripped off big time.

Anyways, back on topic: Get the extended warranty, it's worth it!